1. View our list of the Top 10 Characters That Need a DC Animated Film. Click here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Adult Swim International News Thread

Discussion in 'The Adult Swim/Toonami Forum' started by Yippee Coyote, Nov 2, 2014.

1. RegularCapital

RegularCapital The Third Dimension

A continuity of Adult Swim UK's first official night on FOX. The announcer's reaction to Mr. Pickles is hilarious. Also no Adult Swim bumpers this time.

• Like Like x 2
    #21 RegularCapital, Sep 11, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2015
  2. BlooMac

BlooMac Well-Known Member

Whoa, they're airing season 2 of Rick and Morty? I wonder, if they'll manage to show an episode before the US premieres it. :D

BTW it's interesting that Turner has registered Adult Swim domains for most countries in Europe, that includes Italy, the Netherlands, Poland, Hungary, Romania, Sweden, Denmark, Norway and even Portugal. (No Bulgaria though.) Most of them have been registered for 9 years. There's also a domain for Asia, registered 3 years ago.

• Like Like x 1
  3. MasterBandicoot

MasterBandicoot New Member

I am from Peru, and about 10 years ago I watched Adult Swim at night on Cartoon Network. That's where I found Aqua Teen Hunger Force. However, I was surprised they took it off the air in Latinamerica for so long.

4. BlooMac

What Adult Swim shows did the short-lived CNX channel air, besides Cowboy Bebop?

5. RegularCapital

In terms of Adult Swim, they aired Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Sealab 2021, Space Ghost Coast to Coast and The Brak Show. All of these except for SGCtC later aired on Bravo.

Other stuff:

They aired anime such as Gundam Wing, Dragonball Z/GT, Tenchi Muyo and Outlaw Star, but I don't think they've aired as part of the modern Toonami block on Adult Swim US.

Various Asian action and anime movies aired at night, there was live action shows like The Shield. They were trying to be like Bravo and appeal to young adults, but they didn't advertise it that well.

6. BlooMac

Gundam Wing and the original DBZ only aired during the 2012 April Fools stunt. Tenchi and Outlaw Star were moved to the Adult Swim Action block, when it launched in 2002.

I think CNX would have worked better, if it launched later on. Adult Swim was still young at that time and didn't have many original shows, so they had to rely mostly on action cartoons and they probably didn't have many live-action programming to choose from for their night schedule, which were probably the reasons why it just became a Toonami channel.

• Like Like x 1
  7. RegularCapital

Here's the continuity of the Adult Swim on FOX UK block on Thursday night (17th September). They actually aired Adult Swim bumpers!. I like the channel and TV show parodies in the Seth MacFarlane and Adult Swim promo, like Jive (Channel 5), Actually (Really), Ski One (Sky One), Ski Giving (Sky Living) and Ski Adriatic (Sky Atlantic), Bob (Dave) and Silver (G.O.L.D) are just examples. You have to be quick to see them. :D

• Like Like x 1
    #27 RegularCapital, Sep 19, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2015
  8. RegularCapital

I've also discovered that both Virgin and Sky have Rick and Morty Season 1 as well as Season 2 (so far) on-demand.

9. RegularCapital

As this Thursday is the season 2 finale of Rick and Morty and season 1 finale of Mr. Pickles on FOX UK, next Thursday, the first half hour of the block will be Rick and Morty repeats and the second half hour will be episodes of Black Jesus. I suppose the latter part of the block is used to air lesser known Adult Swim shows (Your Pretty Face Is Going To Hell is probably going to air in this part of the block), it would be nice to see Aqua Teen Hunger Force or Robot Chicken again though.

10. GMIKI96

GMIKI96 I quit

Yeah, the last two basically are the definitions of Adult Swim :D

11. BlooMac

Do any of the international Adult Swim sites still work? All of them redirect me to the US site. Were they all removed or I'm just geoblocked from them?

12. RegularCapital

AdultSwim.co.uk redirects me to the USA site, so I guess not. At least there's no geoblocking which is nice, shame I can't watch it live as I would need a USA Cable or Satellite subscription.

13. BlooMac

The second season of Rick and Morty premieres tonight on the Russian channel 2x2.

• Like Like x 2
  14. RegularCapital

• Like Like x 1
  15. BlooMac

Here are some bumps for Adult Swim shows, aired on the Latin American channel I.Sat.

So apparently they're airing new stuff like Rick and Morty and Black Jesus (according to the site's schedule).

• Like Like x 1
  16. Checkerboard

Checkerboard THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS

Wish we had an Adult Swim here or at least somebody aired some of their shows. The only thing remotely in sight is Rick and Morty, which might debut here around year's end on Prima Cool or Prima Comedy Central. The Rick and Morty Simpsons couch gag has been actually dubbed into Czech, not sure how many countries already aired it, and the show is ranked as the 40th most popular show here of all time. So I guess that's a start. You can check out the Czech dubb of Rick and Morty from the couch gag here:

• Like Like x 2
  17. RegularCapital

FOX UK's Adult Swim block is now airing new episodes of Robot Chicken and from next week, new episodes of Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

18. RegularCapital

• Like Like x 1
  19. BlooMac

Nice! They've also reactivated their Twitter and YouTube profiles.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Pepperidge

Pepperidge Active Member

A few big updates for Adult Swim Canada. It's missing a lot of pages, but they've relaunched their website, which confirms that Rick and Morty will be debuting on Sunday, January 10 at 11:30pm. New Robot Chicken will also air that night at 10pm. The Awesomes season 3 starts at 9pm on Friday, January 8, and something called Knuckle Heads begins that night at 10pm.

Bob's Burgers and Archer will be moving to Adult Swim Canada, with Bob's Burgers airing Monday-Thursday at 9pm, and Archer with no timeslot listed yet. Since these were the last two shows on "Teletoon at Night," it's pretty much the final nail in the coffin for that block. They've also switched most of their TAN social media accounts into Adult Swim Canada accounts, obviously because the TAN ones had amassed far more followers. It's not confirmed what will be taking that block's place, but Teletoon's website currently has Batman Beyond, Teen Titans, Thundercats, and He-Man listed as "coming soon." Given their expansion of late night super hero content since September, I think we can make a pretty educated guess as to what direction they're headed in.