Adult Swim Greenlights Boondock's Creator "Black Jesus"

Discussion in 'The Adult Swim/Toonami Forum' started by Jazz1000, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Jazz1000

Jazz1000 The Sleep Eater

Adult Swim Greenlights Black Jesus Series from Boondocks Creator - IGN
    this looks intersting i might have watch tis once they annoued a date for this

2. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of 7000+ Posts

I admit after stuff like Saul of the Mole Men or.... ANYTHING by Tim and Eric, I'm kind of burnt out on Adult Swim action shows. Even those with talent behind them just seem more annoying or dry or random in a not humorous way to be entertaining. Granted I know stuff like Children's Hospital and even Eagleheart is better but I've checked out on that. However, I may wind up actually checking this out. Granted the Boondocks doesn't have the greatest track record but overall it probably swings more hits then it misses and hey at the very least seems like McCruder is making this in tandem with his main series. Or at least having this in production after the latest season of the Boondocks (which if he's making another show with AS and shows he's committed to the network doubt will be the last) and thus it will get some good creator focus. Plus the premise actually seems interesting enough as though we've had takes on Jesus before, I don't think really ever as a star of a show, much less using "Black Jesus". And I'm sure it will be conterversial and tick people off but as long as it's entertaining I don't mind. Just hope it is and isn't just another reminder why I avoid most AS live action shows like the plague.

3. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator

A new live action program and the same guy who hijacked the persona of Martin Luther King to get on a soapbox doing Jesus Christ. That's two strikes and enough for me. I'll be very content to ignore this until it goes away.

4. SaneMan

SaneMan Active Member

You know what they say, some anvils need to be dropped

5. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Steven Sword!

What'd Jesus ever do to him?

6. Toon Master

Toon Master Active Member

Meh...another crappy pickup. Nothing to be excited about here folks.

7. Dudley

Dudley Moderator

I was excited until I found out it's not animated.

8. The Talon

The Talon New Member

First trailer has been unveiled, the series premiers on Thursday, August 7 at 11PM.

[video=youtube;zQWtY30WfVg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQWtY30WfVg&list=UUgPClNr5VSYC3syrDUIlzLw[/video]

9. Mister Mayhem

Mister Mayhem Banned

Compatriots,

my interest plummeted after seeing that trailer. i still might watch an episode or two just for the hell of it but i didn't laugh once during any of those clips.

10. PokeNirvash

PokeNirvash New Member

Regardless of whether it's a masterpiece or an unfunny piece of sh*t, it'll still be better than Boondocks season 4.

11. Gatordragon

Gatordragon Browns!

I agree with Mister Mayhem. That trailer stank. I might take a peek at the show, but I doubt I'll be entertained.