1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Action Comics (2011 Ongoing)" Series Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'DC Comics and Collectibles' started by James Harvey, Sep 7, 2011.

?

Rate and Comment - "Action Comics"

1. *****

62.5%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. ***1/2

25.0%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

12.5%
  1. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Well-Known Member

Once again Greg Pak proves that he gets Superman here. That awesome two-page spread where Superman tells everyone they're all Superman is perfect. I'm pretty interested to see where this story is going. I liked the last few pages as they went against the grain a little I thought. Once the captain told the officer that she'll fit right in, I thought that was the end of the scene, but what I like is that the officer rebelled and started trying to warn everyone, with Superman arriving to face down these shadow monsters. A neat arc for sure and such an unappreciated book.

2. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

The first story-arc under Superman's new - and maybe permanent? - status quo comes to an end!

ACTION COMICS #44

[​IMG]

Written by GREG PAK
    Art and cover by AARON KUDER

The epic "Truth" arc reaches its finale as Superman makes some brutal choices and discovers the source of the Shadow Warriors.

Comments?

3. Wonder Woman

The last issue kind of sputters out a bit but I do think the villains have potential for the future. And Greg Pak gets Superman much more than the other writers right now I think. I'm a bit split on what happened to Lee, too. It also seems like the end of the comic was redone with the new artist on the last of them but Howard Porter's style has really gotten amazing.

4. James Harvey

A new storyline begins as Superman continues to deal with consequences of his new status quo!

ACTION COMICS #45

[​IMG]

Written by GREG PAK

As this new epic begins, the Man of Steel’s identity as Clark Kent has been exposed. He’s been beaten and pushed to the brink in his quest to regain his powers while his enemies have gathered their forces. And now, Clark must ask himself the ultimate question: Should he even continue as Superman? As the action begins, a new hero emerges to fight for Justice—and against Superman!

Comments?

5. Wonder Woman

So the Wrath are going to be Pak's next long-term villains for the book it seems. They seem like they're shaping up to be a formidable threat and I like the ever-growing conspiracy theory spin Superman is taking with everything that's happened lately in this book and over in Superman, like there is someone pulling all the strings. It seems like there's definitely an endgame for this story. Great art by Scott Kolins too. Perfectly suits the book.

6. James Harvey

Is there a conspiracy against Superman?

ACTION COMICS #46

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Written by GREG PAK

Once upon a time, the idea that Clark Kent could be corrupted would have been unthinkable, but now one villain is about to take advantage of his troubles! As more and more people turn on the Man of Steel, how long before Superman turns to the dark side? What evil force is orchestrating all this?

Comments?

7. Wonder Woman

As good as the comic is, it feels like it's losing a little steam. The appearance by Frankenstein was a great surprise though and helped make the end of the issue a fun read. The art by Scot Kolins was great but I'm really missing Kuder here. I hope the rumors are true and this book is going to hit a shake-up around issue #50 or 52.

8. James Harvey

Who is The Wrath?

ACTION COMICS #47

[​IMG]

Written by GREG PAK

The ebony powers of the woman known as Wrath are unleashed on Superman. Will the Man of Steel fall to the dark side?

Comments?

9. Wonder Woman

So Vandal Savage is behind the Wrath? Interesting. That revelation was the only thing that saved this clearly rushed issue. It's been a few months since Kuder has been on the book and I'm starting to worry he's not the regular artist any more. If things don't turn around soon I may drop the title and I'd really hate to since this has been a pretty solid book from the start with the odd weak issue.

10. James Harvey

Superman is on the quest to regain his lost power!

ACTION COMICS #48

[​IMG]

Written by GREG PAK

"The Savage Dawn" begins! Following recent events in the Superman Annual, Superman is becoming increasingly desperate to regain his powers! The situation is dire, as he must rescue his fellow Justice Leaguers and save the lives of the soldiers facing Vandal Savage!

Comments?

11. Wonder Woman

I've noticed int he last few Superman comics there have been some fill-in artists who seem to be doing random pages. In the last issue of Action Comics, Kuder does most of the stuff, but then there's a fill-in artist before it looks like Kuder returns for the last few issues. Seems like more rewrites and such to me. It's a shame too because Kuder is a fantastic artist who's rising fast at DC but he draws Superman so well. I'd hate for him to be shuffling off. These Superman comics really need consistency especially since the new "Savage Dawn" arc holds a lot of promise. Doesn't seem like people here are reading the comics anyway given how dead it is here.

12. James Harvey

The countdown to Action Comics #50!

ACTION COMICS #49

[​IMG]

Written by GREG PAK

"Savage Dawn" continues! Now powered by Kryptonite, Superman is confronted by the first of Vandal Savage’s children! It’s a creature with unrelenting bloodlust and the power to match it!

Comments?

13. Wonder Woman

It was actually a great moment to see Superman get his powers back. I thought the comic handled it perfectly. There was some actual palpable joy. And this storyline is starting to really move things along. I assume that they need to shuffle the chairs around quickly with the whole reboot coming. I am disappointed to hear he Pak is leaving with issue #50. His run has been really excellent.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/02/02/greg-pak-on-leaving-action-comics-with-50/

14. James Harvey

Greg Pak and Aaron Kuder wrap their run on Action Comics!

ACTION COMICS #50

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Written by GREG PAK

Clark battles his way through Vandal Savage’s hordes to reclaim what is rightfully his—the Fortress of Solitude and his birthright! This epic anniversary issue leads to the finale of “Savage Dawn” in this month’s Superman/Wonder Woman #27 and Superman #50!

Comments?

15. Wonder Woman

I'm a bit disappointed that Pak and Kuder's last issue is caught up in this crossover but I guess if this was the 90s and the triangle days it would've likely gone down the same then too. The scene where Superman gets his power back is great and I loved that Kuder was able to contribute to this issue even though there was still a fair amount of fill in pages. Pak was able to put his stamp on this issue and sign off well but left it open for the story to continue. A good last issue for him.