1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

about batman: year one movie

Discussion in 'DC Live-Action Movies and Television' started by oranthal, May 11, 2001.

1. oranthal

oranthal Superman: A hero in life and in death

i'm too sure this movie will be successful in terms of box office ticket sales. it cannot be denied that it is a great story about bruch and gordon, but it doesn't have a major, well-known villain that batman faces. the gotham commissioner is hardly a well-known villain. for batfans, this movie is a dream come true, but to the casual movie-goer, they might not be as interested unless there is a strong villain.

2. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

Gordon

"commissioner gordon a well known villian"? I knew he's go bad after Officer: Down! LOL! This movie will definatly be a treat for all of us fans after suffering through the Schumacher debacle that was Batman and Robin (Batman Forever wasn't that bad). Plus with the director as great as Darren (Have you seen Pi? Wow!) this movie will rock!

3. watsonlives

watsonlives Gimme a kiss!!!!

In batman year one gordon is not the commisoner. there is a crooked commisoner that batman and lieutenant gordon take down.

4. watsonlives

I think commisoner Loeb was his name but i'm not sure. all my comics are in boxes right now because i have just moved so i can't check for sure.

5. optimal321

optimal321 The Manhunter from Mars

I hope they get a new Gordon for this movie. The chubby guy who plays him in the others never really fit the bill imo.

6. watsonlives

Commisoner Loeb is the name. in year one Gordon is a leuitenant. I would like to see the guy who played Brutal in The Green Mile as Gordon.