1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

A question about Disney DVD's

Discussion in 'Disney/Pixar Forum' started by AuroraSzalinski, Jun 8, 2001.

1. Greetings, citizens, I've been lurking these boards for several months and finally decided to join up. I've learned so much about animation history! :D I was wondering which shorts on the upcoming Disney DVDs are supposed to be in black and white and which are going to be on the disc that way. I've never seen any information about redrawn or computer colorized Disney shorts, how many were there and where can I find information about them?

It's probably dangerous for a Disneyphile like me to trespass on these boards, but I love WB too, so please don't lynch me. ;)

2. Patrick McCart

Patrick McCart Metal-Eating Bird

10 Mickey shorts were redrawn in 1984.

Disney may have shown them on TV, but they probably look like the colorized Popeye cartoons.

Clips of these colorizations are in DTV music videos...

The computer/digitally colorized cartoons were made in 1992 by Colorization Inc (AKA American Film Technologies)

See http://cztoondb.tripod.com in the near future for more info on these odd series.

The traced colorized Mickeys were produced by Entercolor Technologies.

3. Thanks for the info! :D