1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

A Movie that Scared You...

Discussion in 'The toonzone - General Animation Discussion' started by Queen of Hearts, Apr 17, 2005.

1. J. B. Warner

J. B. Warner Increasing my wordiness

Oh man, that was another one! Don Bluth's movies had a lot of dark undertones that scared me as a kid. This one and "Rock-A-Doodle" in particular (I'd probably say the same for "The Secret of N.I.M.H." if I'd seen it).

2. ToOn~g@l

ToOn~g@l Just singin' the blues

The Little Mermaid: Ever since my mom covered my eyes when Eric fought with Ursula in the theatre, I was too afraid to watch that scene because of what mom did, and thinking that something really horrid happened.

Beauty and the Beast: I was too afraid to even see the entire movie when I went to see it in the theatre because i believe that I was afraid of the beast but I can't quite remember since it was so long. Even when I bought the movie too, I watched it but would hide when the fight between Gaston and the beast broke out. Now I think its one of the coolest scenes in the entire movie.

3. Cartman

Cartman Flute Player

The name of the gypsy puppeter is Stromboli. He was pretty frightening, but the scariest character was the Coachman, particularly in the bar when he is talking to the Fox and Cat. His face turns sinister and he laughs in an evil way, which scares the Fox and Cat so much that sweat drips down their faces.

4. Summoned Skrull

Not scary,but extremly shocking was when Jenner slapped Mrs. Brisby...

A scene in "The Last Unicorn" when the Harpie breaks out of her cage was fairly terrifying. Also,a scene in Watership Down when they showed Blackavar after General Woundwort got done with him...

5. Baltofan

Baltofan Active Member

Pinocchio, and the female villain in Superman III too.

6. JSpengs

JSpengs The power of the sun...

Dumbo - The pink elephants

Who Framed Roger Rabbit - semi-animated... I could NEVER EVER watch the scene when the Judge killed that toon shoe in the dip. :crying:

Brave Little Toaster - I was most scared watching the Air Conditioner freak out.

I don't think one whole cartoon movie has scared me, but I've seen some pretty messed up animated shorts... Oh wait! Ok, so its not really a movie but I could not sit through a whole showing of the Will Vinton Claymation Halloween special, with the snail and the pig and they went to this castle full of dead creatures. I can still picture it when they met up with the pig's grandma, and she realized they weren't dead, and just starts screaming "MORTALS! MORTALS!" *shivers*

7. PhotonPhoenix

PhotonPhoenix You Vill Help Us Find It.

I agree on that part that movie should have been PG instead of G.

8. Conekiller

Conekiller On the Cruise!

Seconded.

I usually don't get scared watching movies, but I'll name a couple (some not animated)

-Neverending Story: first movie I ever saw in theatres, I was like..3 and when Fantasia was nothing more than nothingness and floating hungs of rock I was convinced the world had ended. I was 3.:sweat:

- An American Tale: the "secwet weapon" the gigantic mechanical mouse that scared away all the cats. GAWD that thing was freaky loookin. and Feivel screams like a girl. there, I said it.

-Disney's Hunchback of Notre Dame: Specifically Frollo's song "hellfire". The whole point to the song is Frollo praying to God to kill Esmeralda just because he lusts after her. that is SICK! Plus Tony Jay's awesomely creepy voiced helped the mood too.

9. Luna

Luna Daydreamer

I can't remember actually getting scared of any animated film,but I do remember that I thought Charlie's nightmare about going to Hell(All Dogs Go To Heaven) was kinda creepy(I forget what year this movie came out,I think I was 8 or 9 at the time)...and some scenes on Pleasure Island in Pinocchio...

10. PhotonPhoenix

PhotonPhoenix You Vill Help Us Find It.

Eight legged freaks has some stuff that scared me like the animals being killed.

11. mario

mario Guest

Just thinking about that dream that Charlie had [ :evil: ] made me shiver.

12. Chris Kodiak

Chris Kodiak I sing the body electric

The way Stromboli screamed in Pinocchio always scared me. There's just something about a big man with a high pitched effeminate scream that sent chills down my spine.

When Judge Doom in Roger Rabbit came out of the cartoon closet and began screaming and bugging his eyes out.

And Large Marge's transformation in PeeWee's Big Adventure (it was claymation, still animation) when she gave PeeWee a ride in her truck. That's probably why I hated Tim Burton until he made Edward Scissorhands and BigFish.

13. James_Batista

James_Batista Hatchling's Shell

Coming from somebody who didn't flinch once during The Passion of The Christ, I have to say Pinocchio. That movie FRIGHTENED me as a child, specifically the mom-spanking-child clock and ANYTHING INVOLVING DONKEYS :shrug:

I still find it much scarier than 98% of horror movies these days.

14. Chris Kodiak

Chris Kodiak I sing the body electric

Wow, I forgot about that. Yeah, that clock creeped me out as a kid too.

15. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

Someone mentioned Never-Ending Story...I remember the sequel scaring me. Not from any of the hideous creatures, but from the concept of some evil device stealing every memory and thought out of your head one by one. I was spooked for a few days after that....

16. Conekiller

Conekiller On the Cruise!

One more: Lord of the Rings, Fellowship....Ring. The scene where Galadriel freaks out and starts glowing greean and talking satan-talk. that freaks me out TO THIS DAY! I'm a little bit better about it now that i know it's comming, but it scares me to my core like a little child wathcing freddy kruegger for the first time.

17. Behonkiss

Behonkiss Just put an X here and here...

That's not animated, though.

18. Hckyfn17

Hckyfn17 Member

The Great Mouse Detective and Batman: Mask of the Phantasm

19. Patchwork

Patchwork There is a spider in your bed!

He probably means the older animated version...

20. FidgitStyles

I will have to say Snow White when she was running through the forrest. That was the reason why I didn't ride the ride at Disney World when I was a kid.