1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

A Movie that Scared You...

Discussion in 'The toonzone - General Animation Discussion' started by Queen of Hearts, Apr 17, 2005.

1. Queen of Hearts

Which animated movie (doesn't matter if it's anime, Disney, or so on) really scared the wits out of you when you were a kid--for any reason at all?:D

2. Aztec

Aztec Leaping Lizard

Not animated but when I was a kid the scene in Superman 3 where the female villian is taken over by the computer was one of the scariest things ever. Several people I know, who are of my age range, share the same memories of this scene.

I actually watched it recently and let's just say...it wasn't really so scary, lol.

3. J. B. Warner

J. B. Warner Increasing my wordiness

"The Brave Little Toaster". I don't know why, probably the fact that the appliances came so close to getting destroyed throughout the whole thing.

Stop laughin'!

4. Christopher Glennon

Christopher Glennon Punch Drunk Flounder
    Staff Member Reporter

I'm kind of embarassed to admit this, but one of the Care Bears movies.

Go ahead and laugh.

You done?

Okay, I'm not sure which one it was or exactly what happened, but there was this magic book and this villain that was just a head. That head looked CREEPY! I must've had a nightmare or two about it.

5. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

Actually, you're not alone....many people mention this movie when the subject of "animation that scared them as kids" comes up. There is one scene where the Toaster has a bad dream that seems to be in there for no other reason than to scare kids.

6. GagaMan

GagaMan Member

Yeah, I was pretty creeped out by that scene in Brave Little Toaster where the Toaster has a nightmare and falls into a bath, with that freaky clown bloke.

Also, the donkey scene in Pinochilo and the house on fire scene from Dumbo. Odd hat found these scary when at the same time I loved the Gremlin and Robocop movies :sweat:

7. Auggie Doggie

Auggie Doggie Timmy Turner

I'll say "Rock-A-Doodle", since all that business of the kid transforming confused me and freaked me out.

8. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

Pinocchio and Watership Down.

The whale sequence scared the heck out of me as did the scene at the beginning of the latter movie where all the rabbits are being gassed by men in masks.

9. Shnay

Shnay Ne'er-Do-Well

I think the pink elephants scene in Dumbo gave me a scare as a tyke.

10. Spongebrain2.0

Spongebrain2.0 Active Member

I KNOW!, That was freaky and dark for me as a kid. I can't remember, but I remember when the kid was turned into a cat, it was freaky for some reason. I remember being really frightened by that:sad:

11. Michael24

Michael24 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Parts of THE SECRET OF NIMH used to creep me out when I was little, but I think that's the only animated movie to ever do so.

12. Behonkiss

Behonkiss Just put an X here and here...

Ursula in Little Mermaid.

13. Tenku

Tenku D-don't come any closer!

That scared me too. Not to mention I had a fear of ballons and when the elephants exploded, I freaked out.

Even though they're not movies, the beginning of the Looney Tunes scared me so much I had to hide my eyes so I wouldn't see it. I dunno why...

14. Patchwork

Patchwork There is a spider in your bed!

The only thing that comes to mind is Pinocchio. The old gypsey puppeteer (his name escapes me...) and Monstro gave me nightmares for weeks.

15. Sharklady

Sharklady Active Member

Disney's 'The Legend of Sleepy Hollow' scared the bejabbers out of me when I was 8. That sequence with the branches closing in behind Ichabod Crane *still* creeps me out worse than anything in Tim Burton's movie.

The Wicked Queen in 'Snow White' gave me some bad moments, too.

16. Jasmine_G.

Jasmine_G. Your'e Dethpicable!

Hm? A movie that scared me as a kid... Uhhhhh... I would have to say " The Pebble And The Penguin "... GAH!
    It's just the character designs I guess... Man, that guy with the huge eyebrows creeps me out!:ack:

17. Elven Moon

Elven Moon hiya, toonsters

Pinnochio

Watership Down (I refuse to watch it to this day)

The Care Bears Movie (That book, man... "Nicholaauuusss...")

All Dogs Go to Heaven

#17 Elven Moon, Apr 17, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2005
  18. Auggie Doggie

Auggie Doggie Timmy Turner

The beginning of each one? I think that might have been the Warner Brothers logo. I know some people were scared by that.

19. Patchwork

Patchwork There is a spider in your bed!

I forgot all about that. It never really scared me, but it did give me the chills somethin' fierce. Same goes for Legend of Sleepy Hollow

20. Queen of Hearts

Oh, man. That part scared me too. The WHOLE movie scared me when I first saw it.

I was a big scaredy-cat when I was little. Especially with these other movies:

All Dogs Go to Heaven- Charlie's nightmare. Enough said.:eek:

The Rescuers- Everything that Medusa did to Penny was not only cruel, but really scarey as well. I got so frightened after the part in the cave ended that my dad had to take me out of the theather. I wouldn't go see a movie for about A WHOLE YEAR. Then the Ducktales movie came out, and my brother talked me into going. After the movie, I conquered my fear.

The Little Mermaid- The battle with Ursela gave me the heebie-jeebies. I hated this movie at first, but then I eventually grew to love it.

Unico- Unico (a little unicorn hero) was character from some old anime movies. I saw two of them, and both of them really scared me. I can't remember them well, but they did scare me.

Dot and the Whale- My favorite on the list here. I loved this movie very much, but there were still some scenes that scared me. One was when Dot encountered some skeletons that attacked her (I HATED haunted skeletons as a child), the other was when she injured her foot and got really sick (I forget which order these parts happened, I haven't seen this movie since kindergarten).