A Looney Tunes and Scooby-Doo crossover?

Discussion in 'Saturday Morning Forever!' started by wiley207, Sep 10, 2013.

1. dth1971

dth1971 Active Member

How about - if FOX and Matt G. approves - Scooby Doo meets the Simpsons?

2. brickrrb2

brickrrb2 Active Member

3. Goldstar Neo

Goldstar Neo Good Morning!

4. hobbyfan

hobbyfan Well-Known Member

I followed the link to the original blog post by Tom Ruegger. As I told him, he shouldn't give up the dream. Not his fault that the suits chose to listen to Sam Register 5 years ago.

5. brickrrb2

brickrrb2 Active Member

Yeah. Stinking Lawyers

6. dth1971

dth1971 Active Member

How about Scooby-Doo in South Park? Tell that to Trey Parker and Matt Stone!

7. Alonso Torrejon

Alonso Torrejon Active Member

There should be a S-D! crossover in Ben 10: Omniverse.

Both Ben 10: Omniverse and Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated have been created by Derrick Wyatt. If you ask me, they're both the best remakes I've ever seen.

8. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Active Member

You know. I was sort of thinking the same thing. Since it seems like a new DTV comes out for both Scooby-Doo and for Tom and Jerry each year. So why not combine the two casts of characters? Though it may be kind of hard to come up with a plot line though. The dog/cat/mouse teaming up has been done to death. Plus I don't know what kind of mysteries would come up at the house of T & J for the Scooby gang to solve, but it's something to think about.

That would be a good idea too. It worked in Roger Rabbit. I could see a whole plot line out of that, especially seeing how the two famous ducks (Daffy and Donald) would interact.

9. wiley207

wiley207 Well-Known Member

Which is why it would be somewhat easier to do a LOONEY TUNES and Scooby-Doo crossover!

10. Silverstar

Silverstar Rock the Dragon

Scooby meeting Tom & Jerry isn't any less plausible than any other HB/WB Scooby crossover. The Scoobster's teamed up with Jeannie, Josie and the Pussycats, the 3 Stooges, the Harlem Globetrotters, Speed Buggy and the Addams Family, so teaming him up with Tom & Jerry isn't that far-fetched a concept. The challenge would be coming up with a formula where T&J could successfully interact with the Scoobyverse. It would be a challenge, but not impossible, since WB's managed to shoehorn the cat and mouse duo into the stories of Robin Hood, Sherlock Holmes and The Wizard of Oz.

Just have Mystery, Inc. visit the house or mansion of some relative of one of the gang where Tom and Jerry also reside and then have something mysterious go down.

11. hobbyfan

Now, you're straying way off the beaten path.

12. Eric B

Eric B Active Member

Scooby is so people-focused (to answer the old thread that was just shut down before I could make this point there); it would be hard to have Tom & Jerry cross over with them without making them talk! It would most likely be a matter of what Silverstar said, and then it would still come off as tangential. I guess it wouldn't be much different than the Globetrotters games in two of their three appearances in Scooby, although in one of them, this was worked into the plot of the story in a good way. In the other one, it was just something stuck on at the end.

I always said that the Scary Scooby Funnies (Shaggy-Scooby-Scrappy shorts) were a lot like the new Tom & Jerry's done five years earlier, but at the same time, they were like the chase scenes from the Scooby mysteries. A Scooby-Tom&Jerry crossover might have Shaggy and Scooby, when sent out by themselves (while Fred and the girls find the clues), join with Tom & Jerry for the chase scenes. (Though they would still be different for lack of dialogue). The question, is would Tom & Jerry be friends, or would they be enemies. If enemies, that raises the question if Tom will be on the side of the episode's ghost or whatever, and I myself wouldn't like that kind of thing, but then having them friends is also too one-sided when carried to an extreme. They could start out as enemies, but then team up for the story, which is how their first movie went. But after awhile, that seems tired.

So I kind of think the characters' premises are too different for them to really work together. The best bet would basically be a Laffalympics type anthology.
    Anyone wants a crossover of HB with Tom & Jerry and WB, that would be a great venue for it. Looney Tunes would be a new team.

13. Pilmedium

Pilmedium Active Member

I think you make a good point there, but the limitations go far beyond talking. Due to the different focus, Scooby has always been more plot-oriented relative to the pure entertainment typical of the other characters. Attempts to put characters in a new context like that usually tend to be awkward, so a crossover would probably make at least one of the characters seem out of place.

14. Margaret

Margaret New Member

Impossible! The Looney Tunes do Cartoons while the Scooby Gang solves mysteries

15. jaylop97

jaylop97 Well-Known Member

these shows don't have much in to work a crossover, if anything it would probably be the Mystery gang and probably Bugs Bunny a relatively small crossover, like Johnny Bravo.

16. hobbyfan

Anyone that saw "Rabbits' Run" knows that the Looney Tunes crew, given the right script, can manage a plot-driven story. I think, though, you'll have a better chance of seeing Scooby meeting, say, Bugs or Daffy in Scooby-Doo Team-Up after they run out of H-B and DC heroes to team with Mystery, Inc..

• Like Like x 1
  17. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Maybe Scooby and the gang get sucked into the Looney Tunes world like Micheal Jordan does in Space Jam, because Bugs needs their help to solve a mystery.
    And in the end it turns out it was just a dream.
    OR WAS IT?

But yeah, it can work as a DTV movie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk