1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"A Fairly Odd Movie: Grow Up, Timmy Turner!" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Entertainment Board' started by cozmorocks12, Sep 24, 2009.

1. NewcomerDC

NewcomerDC Active Member

The bonus features are a bit weak. We all know who Daniella Monet is for those who have been watching Victorious. I think that there should have been more deleted scenes even though the appearance of Vic Micnogna as Dinkleberg was a rumor. I wish that the film was in 16:9 wide screen on DVD and Blu-Ray widescreen. Looks like, to save on printing costs, Nick couldn't release the real version of the film on both formats though the film's not on Blu-Ray.

2. Ishtar

Ishtar Active Member

I was expecting it to be mediocre in the special features department. All of Nick's other Burn On Demand releases don't even have special features, period. Since this was Burn On Demand, this was definitely a budget release. Although, considering this movie did really well in the ratings, maybe Nick will consider an actual retail release and a Blu-Ray release down the line.

3. Daxdiv

Daxdiv Does this look like the face of mercy?

They did the same thing with Turtles Forever DVD release and that was a retail release. They letterboxed the whole thing. Honestly, I thought we were beyond that point in time where widescreen=letterbox.

4. Jzpierce

Jzpierce Member

Wait, they did that back then too? I can understand a box on the sides, but the too and bottom too make it look like HD local channels ... bad. Is this really how they released it? If they make a retail release, I bet the disc will be some gray thing with silver letting, nothing else.

jz is disappointed.

5. Ishtar

Ishtar Active Member

Wasn't the Turtles Forever DVD the edited version only too? At least the Fairly Odd Movie DVD has the unedited version, although having the edited version on it too is weird.

6. Daxdiv

Daxdiv Does this look like the face of mercy?

Yeah, it's the version that aired both on 4Kids' block and Nicktoons from time to time. I heard the European release has the unedited version,but I have no way of confirming that. But the FOP movie having both cuts on the DVD is strange, I would have just expected either one or the other.