1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"A Fairly Odd Movie: Grow Up, Timmy Turner!" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Entertainment Board' started by cozmorocks12, Sep 24, 2009.

1. iluvtgif

iluvtgif Member

He got rid of Crocker!:eek:

2. Rynnec

Rynnec Active Member

Contrary to the end of Fairy Idol, it seems that Chester doesn't know about Timmy's Fairies after all.

Still dissapointed they didn't get Frankie Muniz.

3. zoombie

zoombie Well-Known Member

You never knew the Tooth Fairy might show up in a jealous rage.

I read on Wikipedia what characters will be in the movie, just by that I think we all know who those two girls that Timmy promessed to Chester and AJ will be? If you don't I will say it, Trixie and Veronica.

4. NewcomerDC

NewcomerDC Active Member

Thought he retired from acting.

Wish we could see Chester's Dad to see if he became more successful than he was during his baseball playing days of his youth.

5. zoombie

This movie is as goofy as the other Drake Bell movie I saw Supehero Movie.

I think in the epiloque it will be revealed Crocker is alive, he might still be falling, but alive.

I hope the epiloque might be like Channel Chasers and we get to see his kids.

6. NewcomerDC

NewcomerDC Active Member

Why didn't the rest of the fairies be CGI like Cosmo, Wanda, and Poof?

7. zoombie

A little disappointed what they did with Poof talking, at least he talked. I wish the Simpsons would let Maggie talk more than that one time.

Did the writers forget Mr. Turner's man crush on Crocker, and I am not sure if they remembered Vickey and Tootie are sisters.

8. Chaotix12345

Chaotix12345 Guh-huh!

You can most likely chalk that up to someone trying to be funny on Wikipedia.

9. NewcomerDC

NewcomerDC Active Member

That was a rumor that I was hoping to be true but his appearance could be a deleted scene that'll come with the DVD or extended version of the film if any.

10. stephane dumas

stephane dumas Well-Known Member

11. NewcomerDC

NewcomerDC Active Member

Politics? That would have been interesting if Chester decided to run for a political position instead of being a rent-a-cop. This is great news about him. I think the other voice actors could have reprised their characters in the film.

12. iluvtgif

iluvtgif Member

Will the Movie have a general release on DVD?

13. Monte

Monte Active Member

Well that met my expectations... which were set very low. sure there was an occasional chuckle here and there, but it was much less entertaining than the regular show. Some of the vocal gags managed to hold up, but not so much for the visual gags... frankly, it probably would have been funnier as a cartoon; i think my suspension of disbelief also is hampered by the live action. And when it comes down to the story, Channels Chasers addressed the whole issue of needing to grow up and i think it did it better.

The ending/epilogue for channel chasers was better
    If only because it involved evil-robot-vicky-babysitters =p

Yes, yes it is...
    Though they manage to figure it out... about 13 years late...
    Well its just a good thing that Timmy wound up not needing a high school education to get a normal job Otherwise he might be screwed... Ya the ending does kind of bug me since i'm left with the feeling that he did not TRULY grow up

Unless i forget, I think that episode ended with Chester wishing that he never found the genie lamp and for everything to go back to the way it was. That would include not finding out timmy had fairy god parents

#493 Monte, Jul 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2011
  14. Muthablood Pucka

Muthablood Pucka I no longer exist...

Poof's voice is just so...
    Randy Jackson!

15. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

If Scott Fellows (who made Big Time Rush), was behind this, it doesn't really show. He's skilled at making live-action shows that act cartoony, but I'm not feeling it here. I admit, Poof talking was the best gag for me in the whole movie.

I agree with the above poster, I felt if Cosmo and Wanda left Timmy forever, he really would've grown up and be happy with Tootie. But everything moved so fast, we didn't have time to develop a believable relationship, or good enough character development. Ah well, the ending was sweet because Timmy will use his fairies to make the world a better place.

16. Lord Beckett

Lord Beckett Cute and Mean

This is what disappointed me the most about the movie. I thought Vicky would have at least one scene with her sister, where she comments on her new looks or her relationship with Timmy.

They didn't really explain why Tootie left either.

I think this movie is what we've come to expect out of a lot of Poof era FOP movies... wasted potential. Still, it IS better than the other Post-Poof stuff, so I'll give them that at least.

The ending really makes you wonder though... is Butchy really going to make sequels to this? At least try to get a bigger budget this time.

17. NewcomerDC

NewcomerDC Active Member

I think that the less said about Vicky and Tootie being sisters, the better. Tootie pretty much wiped Vicky clear from her mind and don't want memories of her to pour back in. Second, fans might be against sequels if they were against this project with comments judging the cast from the ways they portrayed the characters to being afraid that more Fairly Oddparents characters will be wasted in the special. For instance, Hugh Magnate Jr.'s bodyguards could have been Tad and Chad, two of Trixie's rich friends from the series. What would have been funny is that they grew up to become Mr. Black and White from Johnny Test.

As for the reason why Tootie left, it's because she wanted a life that wasn't all about falling for a guy who wasn't into her and dealing with a terrible sister with weak-minded parents. Maybe an explanation could have been written out but the movie's over and everything about it might be on the DVD and Blu-Ray

18. RockmanDash

RockmanDash Retired

Huh..I actually found this movie very enjoyable. I haven't watched the series seriously in a few years so watching this and just catching the characters and the jokes thrown around got a lot of great laughs. Honestly I wouldn't mind this being the end of the series and I really don't understand why Butch needs to milk this series even more. Oh and I completely loved any scene with Crocker and his "FAIRY GOD PARENTS!!!!" made me laugh pretty hard throughout the movie. =)

19. stephane dumas

stephane dumas Well-Known Member

Another possibility who could have happened, was they might meet a possible faith similar to what Kwane and Dash Baxter could have been if there really became a hobo or a pump attendant.

Then I couldn't resisted to made a sketch who might be classifield politically incorrect on Deviantart http://fav.me/d3ll1lo

20. Roxas_Sora

Roxas_Sora Well-Known Member

Did Trixie Tang make a cameo in the movie or a mention? I was thinking that if Tootie turned into a "hottie" in this movie, maybe Trixie turned into a "nerdie". Sounds ironic, huh?