1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"A Fairly Odd Movie: Grow Up, Timmy Turner!" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Entertainment Board' started by cozmorocks12, Sep 24, 2009.

1. cozmorocks12

cozmorocks12 Member

I was surfing and came upon a Spanish blog dedicated to bringing Fairly OddParents news. One shocking blog entry was about how Butch Hartman at the 2009 Comic Con told his interviewer that they were producing a LIVE ACTION FOP movie with real actors! Luckily I speak Spanish so i understood the attached video.

THink it's a good idea?

Blog translated with Google Translate: http://www.translate.google.com/tra...9_01_archive.html&sl=es&tl=en&history_state0=
    Blog it's original language: http://foplatinblog.blogspot.com/2009_09_01_archive.html

Youtube video, I'm sorry Google Translate doesn't work for videos. Butch says it in the last 20 seconds of the clip tho, for you Spanish Speaking Folks.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENyQ6sCU8zA&feature=player_embedded

2. SpongeJosh

SpongeJosh A Bold Kid

Personally I think a live-action Danny Phantom movie might've worked better. This could be awesome but it could also be horrible. You'd think they'd do a theatrical FOP cartoon movie before a live one but whatever. I look forward to seeing how this works out. Unfortunately I see the fairies turning out a bit like the Great Gazoo did though...

3. PC!

PC! lolwut?

Eh, sounds rather hokey to me. :\ Can't say it's something I'm particularly looking forward to.

4. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Ya know, I'd like to see a live-action take on that.

Who knows, if The Last Airbender does good, that could happen.

5. LinkG07

LinkG07 Active Member

FOP is too crazy and cartoony to be live action, this is gonna be Out of Jimmy's Head all over again. Danny Phantom would've been a good choice to adapt to live-action since ghost work is nothing new, and not hard for a TV movie.

6. Invidente 7

Invidente 7 Active Member

Crispin Glover

Crispin Glover as Professor Crockett,

MAKE IT HAPPEN! :evil:

7. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

That sounds pretty cool to me too. If nothing else, I think that a live-action Danny Phantom movie probably would have an easier move from cartoon to live-action than FOP would.

It feels kind of weird to do a live-action project now. It might have made a bit more sense to have something like this during the height of the show's popularity. Plus, I'm not too sure that the magic and cartoon-like effects/gags would work well in live-action.

8. Rho

Rho 12 - 6 cloud?

NO NO NO NO NO

This has no potential of being good.

9. Daxdiv

Daxdiv Does this look like the face of mercy?

I don't see this as a good idea, as far as it being a live action film, an animated one could work. There is nothing about FOP that could work in the boundaries of reality. Danny Phantom, just give it the regular superhero treatment and it will do fine.

10. malkyah

malkyah New Member

With refurbished CGI animation added with special effects, it could turn out to be interesting. Though I would still prefer the cartoon, as it adds unique humor being a cartoon itself when in reference to the style of characters and story it has.

11. Rho

Rho 12 - 6 cloud?

Anyone else sensing that Timmy will be played by Jake T. Austin?

If Miranda Cosgrove had red hair and was taller, she could pull off being Vicky.

12. Tobias

Tobias Who you gonna call?

If they'd done this before Jake hit puberty, then yeah, he would be perfect.

This isn't going to work and be true to the spirit of the cartoon. I mean, for one thing, Timmy takes a lot- A LOT- of physical abuse in the cartoon. There's no way they can pull off some of the horrific things that befall Timmy in live action without it coming off as Final Destination level sadistic.

13. Rho

Rho 12 - 6 cloud?

Also, Daran Norris having a role in this won't be shocking at all.

I just wonder how they'll pull off the fairies.

14. Lonestarr

Lonestarr Stop eating my sesame cake!
    Staff Member Moderator

This.

Unless they hire writers who've never worked on the show before (and, more importantly, go untainted by input from people currently on the show)...this.

15. judyindisguise

judyindisguise Active Member

Yeah, they'd have to go with a more mature attitude and scripting if they expect anyone over the age of 11 to care about this. Plus I really think that most people have had their fill of FOP. I can't even bring myself to watch the GOOD eps nowadays. The show overall has become too tainted with its own bile. And can you imagine...listening to Cosmo screech...for 90 minutes? Or worse, a live actor trying to imitate him? The horror!

16. Invidente 7

Invidente 7 Active Member

it will be if...

they cast Crispin Glover as professor crockett :evil:

17. Mesousa

Mesousa Biggest Hinata Azuma fanboy

Midgets? :p

18. CaptainHero

CaptainHero Save Yourselves!

This is digusting, This is almost worse than the Barbie movie news.

Who the hell thinks this would ever be a good idea?

I'm shocked at some of the users who think this might work out to be decent. Even the animated series itself has turned into complete cow manure.

Why won't they let this series die? It was supposed to end production like 3 years ago, and they keep making TV movies and all this crap. It makes me think Butch Hartman isn't that creative when he keeps falling back on the same TV series. He's dragging the corpse of this once good series along the highway, leaving a bloody mess everywhere.

19. SpongeJosh

SpongeJosh A Bold Kid

It's Mr. Denzel Crocker. ;)

20. Elven Moon

Elven Moon hiya, toonsters

It wouldn't work. The show is way too cartoony - for one, how would Wanda and Cosmo be depicted? CGI? They float, for goodness sake!