1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

9/11: 15th Anniversary

Discussion in 'Cafe toonzone' started by Viper, Sep 11, 2016.

1. Viper

Viper I'll Never Forget You Two!

Hi, everyone. I just had to let everyone know that today marks the 15th anniversary of September 11, 2001. On the morning of that date, terrorist planes crashed into the World Trade Center, both buildings collapsed & hundreds were killed. I still remember watching it on TV with my late mom & my stepdad was trapped in Manhattan until the next day.

I may not live in NYC anymore, but it's still a somber moment for me. I hope you'll all take a moment to remember everyone who was killed on that day.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper Well-Known Member

I remember that day. I was in the sixth grade and I was getting ready for school (I live on the west coast so this was at around 6 in the morning). My dad calls from his car while driving to work to tell my mom to turn on the news. At first I thought it was a building in Seattle that caught on fire, but then I learned what had really happened. I remember being on the school bus when the tower actually fell. I even remember the exact turn my bus was making. To this day whenever I'm on that street (which isn't really that often) all I can think about is 9/11.

3. Boomerangfan101

Boomerangfan101 Can You Not!

I wasn't born until a year later in Early 2002 but I didn't understand why people say the country changed forever but now I understand the terror and pain that went on that day(sorry if I'm not making any sense)

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

4. RandomMe

RandomMe An Imaginary Friend

I don't know where I was exactly on that fateful day, but I was probably at home and with lots of guests, but on a Tuesday it was probably abnormal.

I remember clearly RTP observing the first anniversary.

5. wonderfly

wonderfly Shaking things up a bit
    Staff Member Administrator

If anyone's interested:

I spent the September 11th anniversary weekend uploading my VHS news recordings from that time to my youtube channel.

This is my recording of the NBC Nightly News broadcast from September 11th, 2001.

This is my recording of President Bush's Address to Congress on September 20th, 2001.

This is my recording of "9/11: The President's Story", a news special that aired one year later, on September 11th, 2002.

I've included my thoughts/memories on the attacks in the comments section for the videos, if interested.

The comments from young people like yourself are what I'm most interested in, as we go forward.

For those interested, There was a pretty good remembrance thread on Toonzone, 5 years ago, on the 10th anniversary of the attacks.

A lot of us shared our memories back then, myself included.

And if you're really interested in reliving what it was like on message boards like Toonzone, go read the threads on Toonzone, from that period back in 2001. (that link is to my list of threads from that time period).