1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

6 new Disney DVDs

Discussion in 'Disney/Pixar Forum' started by grundle, May 31, 2001.

1. grundle

grundle Member

If you go the the DVD section at amazon.com and type in "Disney Treasures" it lists 4 new DVDs that are coming out on December 4.

Also, at amazon.com, it says that "Dumbo" is coming out on October 23.

And according to a report at thedigitalbits.com "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs" is coming out on October 9, although amazon.com does not have any specific date listed yet.

2. Jon Cooke

Jon Cooke GAC!

I can hardly wait for DUMBO --- I bet those Disney folks have remastered Walt Disney's original version. I expect to see the black crows with redubbed voices and the "Pink Elephants on Parade" scene removed. :p

-Jon

3. Thad Komorowski

Thad Komorowski undecided

Probably not. If they edited a film that popular, a very big controversy would stir. They edited Melody Time, Saludos Amigos, and Make Mine Music because they figured "Hey, nobody likes these movies anyway, so let's just edit them!" I guess they learned their mistake from editing Fantasia (a popular movie). Also, I wonder what kind of controversy would stir if they removed the Pleasure Island scenes from Pinnochio. Kids would be wondering why Pinnochio had donkey ears! However, knowing Disney, they could digitally erase those...

-Thad

4. Patrick McCart

Patrick McCart Metal-Eating Bird

Isn't this stuff Disney is doing illegal?

I thought Ronald Reagon passed a film preservation bill that meant the original cut had to be availible along with an edited/colorized version if made.

Also, isn't Dumbo in the National Registry? (As is Fantasia)

Disney made the mistake of giving the Library of Congress the 1991 edited version of Fantasia...

Shrek made a subtle Dumbo reference by the way...when Donkey is flying, he quotes the crow's lines about flies.

5. Thad Komorowski

Thad Komorowski undecided

The 1991 edited version is edited MUCH better than the crappy DVD version (however, I'd rather have the UNCUT version)
    Also, did you see the salesrank for those things? 815 to 1,899 ALREADY! Also note that the DVDs will have two (2) discs. Too bad WB can't do the same with the LT&MM cartoons... :(

-Thad:D