1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

4Kids Talkback: The Seeking of Success - The 4Kids Discussion V6

Discussion in 'Saturday Morning Forever!' started by Space Cadet, May 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sparkster24

Sparkster24 Well-Known Member

I think TMNT might end soon, and airs on a different channel.

i heard that qubo is going to become 4Kids on September 19, 2009. but i know, It's fake. made by Wikipedia.

2. powergate92

powergate92 Power Rangers and Stargate fan

Where on Wikipedia did you see that?

3. Sparkster24

Go to NBC, then find Currently Brodcast on NBC. Find Kids Program. then, it shows it. but it's not real though.

4. powergate92

powergate92 Power Rangers and Stargate fan

Thanks, I just removed that info from the article.

5. Golfkid

Golfkid Active Member

I already said "A Future Unknown". You just flipped the words:

6. Blueranger

Blueranger Member

I officially hate 4Kids. First you take off 5D's and replace it with Yu-Gi-Oh! which is good but I wanted to see the rest of the damn season.

Then to make matters worse they move KRDK to 11:30 which was the reason why the show was getting poor ratings in the first place.

Freaking Idiots.

7. bleachj0j

bleachj0j Demon Slayer in training

so they ran out of dub yugioh 5d's

8. Sparkster24

Well, I'm still a fan of 4Kids though.

At Least, Yu-Gi-Oh! (original) could save 4Kids.

Kirby airs a Movie, GGR,Dinosuar King,KRDK, and Chaotic get New Episodes. Rollbots Preimere.

I don't even like 5D's though. Kamen Rider, I don't watch alot of LA like that. But BrainRush, and other Game Shows i like, i would watch.

9. bigddan11

bigddan11 Justice must be served!

No, considering they said they will continue to premiere episodes online.

10. Golfkid

Golfkid Active Member

Why can't 4Kids just air reruns of 5d's? It's like if they don't have new episodes waiting/ready, they can't air this show. What are people without a computer going to do? They might like/missed an episode, yet it hasn't been reran. They only ran the first few episodes twice. They haven't even repreated the entire first season. Whoever decides how this show has been airing stinks. 26 straight new episodes was dumb, airing only about two months of reruns, then airing new episodes in the summer at 7:00 (or for some the earliest time (*cough* 4:00 in the morning Hawaii *cough*)), still airing new episodes in the summer but at a better time, then taking it off just because they have reruns or very few new episodes.

CW might not want them to air those new episodes, just like those six or so.

11. THE 24 king

THE 24 king Member

Were are y'all getting this information from of the 4kids schedule please tell me because i can't find it an I rather not be believing in something that is not true.

12. Burgundy Ranger

Burgundy Ranger Disney XD/Vortexx schedule guy

I can personally vouch for spidey4545's credibility. I've dealt with him for some time (for my PROAC site) and he's more than legit.

I'm also jealous since 4Kids' publicity department hasn't sent out the September grids -- and he has info that I don't!! :D

But I don't trust Wikipedia for ANYthing. It's not even worth typing those letters into a search engine or address bar. What total bunk.

13. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, in their defense, 4Kids did get Cartoon Network to air 5D's episodes, which not only help increase sales for the card game, but it also allows the episodes to be repeated much more than they could have on the CW4Kids block. Considering they've covered the first ten episodes of the series at least three times by this point, I think that helps them out quite a bit with promoting the show.

You do bring up a good point with how the CW might not want to air those episodes. One theory I heard as to why those episodes were skipped that made sense was because some of those episodes involved people falling out of destroyed buildings. Though, I'm not if that was actually the case since episode thirty six is fine and the idea that Konami wanted them to show the episodes with the cards from the recent booster pack also makes sense.

14. GymLeaderLance99

I seriously doubt that, considering there was no change in dubbing quality between 35 and any of those episodes. Carly falling still became covered by purple haze, said haze got lampshaded, Divine/Sayer still fell into said haze...the only reason for the skip that makes sense is the Konami option that you mentioned. I'd actually believe that more, since some of the 5D's episodes during the Dark Signers arc (namely the three episodes coming up after the Rua/Demak [Leo/Devack] duel) were originally aired about a week or two before a booster release (in the above case, I think it was for the pack after Raging Battle whose name escapes me), and as a result, had characters made into plot-convenient characters to promote their cards (or one of them).

Of course, this isn't the place for a 5D's episode/character discussion, so I guess I'll leave it at that.

As for the 5D's->DM switch, I don't really mind it, but it would've been good of them to start from maybe Season 2 or after the Pegasus duel, since their block on FOX went that far. But it's not like I'll really be watching DM there anyway, I suppose, so it's good for those who are and who either haven't seen or want to see it.

15. cohenmarioman

cohenmarioman Active Member

It was Ancient Prophacy, which has already been releasedl. The characters were Regulus, and AFD, who were given an in show character to promote. Highly doubt they would need to do anymore shenagins to get to episodes based on Stardust Overdrive, since that comes out in December or so. (maybe even later)

16. GymLeaderLance99

Well, I was moreso referring to the Black Feathers/Blackwings and their user being the character in question. 51-53 felt out of place compared to how the rest of the arc was going, and having that duel there felt like they really were trying to promote the guy for all he was worth, and adding fuel to those "Gary Stu"-like arguments.

17. cohenmarioman

cohenmarioman Active Member

oh, you were talking about the 3 filler (was it 2). I wouldn't really care if those were just skipped, and 4kids put together some way to get Crow back in the story. It would make the Greiger thing messed up, but i would only care for 4kids sake. Those episodes were fuel, something that wasn't needed.

18. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I know that there wasn't a change in dubbing quality between those episodes. I was just thinking that even with those deaths being edited with the purple fog, the CW still might not want to air them due to the whole falling out of buildings thing. Though, the fact that episode thirty-six doesn't have anything like that makes me doubt that the theory is true. Outside of that episode, it just made sense to me, but it is most likely due to Konami wanting to promote the newest cards. I didn't know about the three episodes after the Leo and Devack duel was about a week or two before the release of another booster pack though.

19. spidey4545

spidey4545 Fox Kids Historian
    Reporter

From what I understand, skipping those episodes of Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's has everything to do with 4Kids and nothing to do with the CW. Not sure why, but it was their decision to skip those episodes and it was their decision to make new episodes only available online.

Also, thanks Burgundy Ranger for vouching for me.

20. THE 24 king

THE 24 king Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.