1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

4Kids Talkback: The Next Generation - The 4Kids Discussion V5

Discussion in 'Saturday Morning Forever!' started by Space Cadet, Feb 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I was surprised to see that too. I guess that they want to promote Huntik now so that the new episodes in June might do better in ratings. I'm also glad to hear that they're working on more 2004 uncut DVDs for Yu-Gi-Oh! since I would like to see how far they actually got before the DVDs were discontinued.

I saw that comment and I thought that it was pretty unusual that he didn't even know that the new season of Winx Clud existed. Although, I think it only started in Italy a couple of weeks ago and I'm sure that the people at 4Kids are busy with other matters at the moment. Maybe they just didn't know or this rep didn't know about it. Though, I do wonder if they know about the movie since that was released at least a year or so ago.

I'm not sure if that's true. If that was the case, they wouldn't have put up those TMNT shorts a couple of weeks ago. While it isn't episodes from the series, it does show that they aren't just ignorning TMNT just because new episodes aren't going to happen in the near future.

2. bigddan11

bigddan11 Justice must be served!

Did I read that You Tube update correctly? Did he say they are doing the dubbing for Uncut Yu-Gi-Oh! again so they can continue to upload the uncut episodes to You Tube? If so, then I need to swing on over and know that the enjoyable uncut goodness will continue.

3. PC!

PC! lolwut?

I'm fairly certain he just meant they're going to continue uploading all of the uncut dub episodes they have until they run out. Maybe they'll upload the uncut episodes that they never put on DVD before the DVDs were canceled.

If they were redubbing more episodes, I'm sure they would've made a much, MUCH bigger deal out of it. They know the fans would soil themselves to hear that.

4. D Dubbs

D Dubbs Wish Upon A Star

He was referring to the "uncut" subtitled version of the 2004 DVD releases, not the uncut dub.

Hmm...looks like Fighting Foodons was removed from 4KidsTV.com today. I wanted to watch all the episodes, but unfortunately I never got around to it (in fact, I only managed to watch the first episode). :sad: Ah well, RIP Fighting Foodons (2002 - 2009).

Also noticed that The Adrenaline Project is gone too. Though I don't think an RIP is necessary for that.

5. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

I agree 100%. Thank goodness.

6. Sparkster24

Sparkster24 Well-Known Member

I think this will be our June Schedule,

7:00 Kirby
    7:30 Sonic X
    8:00 GoGORiki
    8:30 GoGORiki
    9:00 Dinosaur King
    9:30 TMNT: BTTS
    10:00 Chaotic M'arillain Invasion
    10:30 Huntik
    11:00 YGO 5D's
    11:30 Kamen Rider Dragon Knight

7. veemonjosh

veemonjosh Get back, Jojo

Huh, don't we usually lock these discussions after the 1000th post?

Then again, did we even agree on a name for V6?

8. D Dubbs

D Dubbs Wish Upon A Star

I think J!!!'s suggestion of "Getting Back Success" was the most popular...

Although, I was hoping that we could hold off on opening a new thread until tomorrow because there's something cool that I'd like to premiere in the first post of the new thread (which is taking me longer to do than I expected)...

9. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Active Member

This current thread had the title I came up with. I can't believe its been filled up so fast.

10. NewcomerDC

NewcomerDC Active Member

When you think about it, 4Kids never really cared for the show even with a decent dub. This show already had a lot of video games and even a manga over in Japan if I'm correct so I don't know why 4Kids couldn't had figured out a way to get some money from the show. So much for this forgotten anime having any chance with coming out on DVD.

11. PC!

PC! lolwut?

Admittedly I haven't watched much of Fighting Foodons, but I'd imagine there's only so much you can do with a franchise about fighting foodstuffs.

12. Gonzales

Gonzales Active Member

From what I gather, it was pretty popular in Japan.

BTW, how much longer does 4Kids have Kirby?

13. Cassie Star

Cassie Star I have no gender.

Yeah. They intentionally made the dub as wacky as they possibly could because of that.

14. Sparkster24

Well, i say that he was on Fox Box, it came out 2002 or 2003. so then couple years later, he came back in 2005 thru 2006 or 2007 to the ending. then 4kids brought it back with Sonic X in Summer 08.

Now, I Thinked that kirby returns only this summer.

15. mumbo

mumbo Look skyward

Fighting Foodons was a fun little show on Saturday mornings, but I really don't think it could have done much beyond that here. It worked better as a sort of Pokemon parody show than as anything serious anyway, because come on, it's about fighting meals.

To think that it could have been some kind of successful franchise in North America is frankly kind of ridiculous. A DVD release would have been nice but that's about it.

16. NewcomerDC

NewcomerDC Active Member

Agreed. I hate to admit it but even in its worst parts, the show was alright in my book. Shout! Factory might pick it up but due to lack of popularity, the show may never see the light of day on DVD.

If the show was popular in Japan, then maybe it should've stayed there since I think, like 4Kids' dub of Ultraman Tiga, no one cared to watch it besides only a few people who were curious about what the show was about.

17. D Dubbs

D Dubbs Wish Upon A Star

Hmm, Funky Cops is also gone from 4KidsTV.com. I never even watched one episode of it...

18. Sparkster24

Formerly Online

Funky Cops, Fighting Foodons, and The A Project are the only ones not Online.

Currently online.

Yu-Gi-Oh!, Yu-Gi-Oh! GX, Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's, TMNT, TMNT: FF, TMNT: BTTS, Huntik, Kamen Rider, Sonic X, Chaotic, Chaotic M'arillian Invasion, Kirby, GoGORiki, Skunk Fu!, Viva Pinata, Dinosuar King, Biker Mice from Mars, Di-Gata Defenders, Winx Club, Magical Do-Ri-Me, and Cubix are the only shows online.

19. Sparkster24

Until Many people don't feel like watching kirby alot.

Well, everyone does watch the show kirby.

20. NewcomerDC

NewcomerDC Active Member

Really? I think that some people grew tired of it even with all of the constant rreruns we used to get.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.