1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

4Kids Talkback: The Next Generation - The 4Kids Discussion V5

Discussion in 'Saturday Morning Forever!' started by Space Cadet, Feb 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Space Cadet

Space Cadet I'M SWEATING
    Staff Member Moderator

The last thread reached 1,000 posts and it was time to start up a new thread. The thread subtitle is appropriate, since we are going into a new generation for 4Kids. Only one outlet for 4Kids now, which is the CW4Kids. TMNT 2003 looks to be over at the moment and Chaotic is taking off. Where do we go from here? Only time will tell.

2. Spideyzilla

Spideyzilla Well-Known Member

I'm first! I see they're making CW 4Kids to become 4Kids TV. It's becoming the Game Station. I still think it will indeed be renamed 4Kids TV down the road.

3. D Dubbs

D Dubbs Wish Upon A Star

Well, we can only hope there will be less ranting from CyberCubed in this thread. :sweat:

A new 4Kids thread means a new one of these.

4Kids' Current Properties:

I. Current/Upcoming CW4Kids Programs

[​IMG][​IMG]

Chaotic is the revolutionary new collectible card game that takes trading card games and online play to the next level. The Chaotic television series follows the adventures of a group of teens who travel to Perim to capture codes of hundreds of unique creatures. The second season of Chaotic, entitled M'arrillian Invasion, currently airs on The CW4Kids.

[​IMG]

Dinosaurs are back, and they're bigger, badder and better than ever. In Dinosaur King, the dino-tastic quests of the D-Team require them to travel anywhere in the world to hunt down dinosaurs that have been lost by the time-traveling Dr. Z and his bumbling team of bad guys. The second season of Dinosaur King currently airs on The CW4Kids.

[​IMG]

When all the King’s horses and all the King’s men couldn’t put Humpty Dumpty back together again, they turned to Dr. Kizami Miyazaki, the King’s top bio-nuclear scientist. Combining Hydrogen, the lightest element with Bombinium, the heaviest, Dr. Miyazaki constructed a polymer matrix to bind Humpty’s pieces back together again. Now known simply as HTDT and with the help of Dr. Miyazaki’s 10-year-old son Axel and his babysitter, the beautiful assistant librarian and teen pop star, Arisa, he battles the forces of evil that regularly threaten the kingdom of Happily Ever After. HTDT is scheduled to air in the near future on The CW4Kids.

[​IMG]

Huntik: Secrets and Seekers features a group of humans known as Seekers who gather the mysterious powers of the Titans and summon them into our world to help protect it. Years have passed since they were last used, and now the new Seekers must find where the Titans have been hidden before the Professor and his evil organization can find them and use them to conquer all of humanity. The first season of Huntik currently airs on The CW4Kids.

[​IMG]

Kamen Rider Dragon Knight is an American adaptation of the live-action Japanese series, Kamen Rider Ryuki. The story features twelve Kaman riders who must defend Ventara against the evil General Xaviax. Kamen Rider: Dragon Knight currently airs on The CW4Kids.

[​IMG]

The world of GoGoRiki is a world of adventure, creativity and friendship. From turning snores into energy, discovering the amazing power of dreams, and even finding a way to make the sun shine on a rainy day, the characters work to solve problems in an unexpected, creative and funny way. The positive values they transmit – friendship, diligence and inventive talent - are timeless. The first season of GoGoRiki currently airs on The CW4Kids.

[​IMG]

Rocket Monkeys
    is a Flash-animated series featuring a pair simians, Wally and Gus, who were blasted into space. Rocket Monkeys is scheduled to air in the near future on The CW4Kids.

[​IMG]

Based on an original idea by Michael Milligan, RollBots are perfectly round robots that roll at extreme speeds on roller-coaster type tracks through Flip City, a community that contains 11 different tribes of rollbots. Spin is the only bot in Flip City who doesn't have a tribe, but he makes up for it with speed! His hyper-roll mode and powerful Skyv Boots let him pull off amazing moves while he chases down criminals with his fellow cops. RollBots is schedule to premiere in the near future on The CW4Kids.

[​IMG]

Sonic X is about a hedgehog name Sonic who is transported to the human world. Once there, Sonic is rescued by a boy named Chris. Now the race is on to keep Dr. Eggman away from the powerful Chaos Emeralds and from taking over the World. Luckily for Earth, Sonic is the quickest hedgehog around! Reruns of Sonic X currently air on The CW4Kids.

[​IMG]

The most turtle-riffic heroes of all time! Get in on the action with one of the most powerful boys' brands, which has generated over $5 billion in retail sales since its inception. Thrilling kids with their cool ninja moves, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are a classic that keeps adding to its legacy. Season eight, Back to the Sewer, currently airs on The CW4Kids. A feature-length 25th anniversary special is also in development.

[​IMG]

Will is a young boy who constantly searches for adventure. Dewitt is a frog that can transform. Together, Will & Dewitt find several adventures and Dewitt can change into almost any creature to help Will through tough times. Reruns of Will & Dewitt currently air on The CW4Kids.

[​IMG]

Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's is the latest chapter in the Yu-Gi-Oh! franchise. It features brand new duelists, brand new vehicles, brand new storylines and a brand new way of dueling. The first season currently airs on The CW4Kids.

II. Current Online Properties

[​IMG]

Thrill seekers, look no farther than The Adrenaline Project! In each episode, five adventurous teens will dare to compete head-to-head through intense physical challenges. Who will walk away with the prizes and bragging rights? The Adrenaline Project currently streams online at 4KidsTV.com, the official 4Kids website.

[​IMG]

Biker Mice from Mars features the heroic Martian Mice Freedom fighters as they continue to battle forces who seek to destroy them and steal their valuable assets. This time around, it's the evil Catatonians, a cat-like race of creatures who desire the greatest prize on Mars - The Regenerator. Biker Mice from Mars currently streams online at 4KidsTV.com, the official 4Kids website.

[​IMG]

Cubix: Robots for Everyone is a CGI animated series that takes place in the year 2040 in Bubble Town where robots outnumber humans. This show centers on the Botties, a special club for people who know how to fix robots, along with the evil Dr. K., who has evil plans up his sleeve. Cubix currently streams online at 4KidsTV.com, the official 4Kids website.

[​IMG]

Di-Gata Defenders follows the adventures of four warriors as they defend the Realm against the evil Order of Infinis. With the help of powerful Guardians, the heroes will fight to control the destiny of the four pure stones. They are the last line of protection between the good people of Rados and the villains who seek to rule them. Di-Gata Defenders currently streams online at 4KidsTV.com, the official 4Kids website.

[​IMG]

In the land of Fighting Foodons, regular recipes turn in to meal monsters when the art of culinary combat's concocted. King Gorgeous Gorge and his Gluttons have cooked up a devious plan to rule the world and they sprinkled an extra dash of destruction. A young boy named Chase believes that he, his friends, family, and Foodons can change the world one at a time, even if it involves going into battle against the Gluttons. Fighting Foodons currently streams online at 4KidsTV.com, the official 4Kids website.

[​IMG]

Funky Cops is a French animated series about two cops, Jack Kowalski and Ace Anderson, solving crimes while adding in touches of disco, hot rods, 8-Tracks, and of course, funky fuzzy dice. Funky Cops currently streams online at 4KidsTV.com, the official 4Kids website.

[​IMG]

Kirby: Right Back at Ya! is about the adventures of Kirby, a legendary Star Warrior destined to save the planet Pop Star from the destruction of the evil Nightmare. Kirby currently streams online at 4KidsTV.com, the official 4Kids website.

[​IMG]

Magical DoReMi is about the struggles of a 3rd grader named Dorie Goodwyn who, along with her best friends Reanne and Mirabelle, dream of becoming a witch. The Witchlings must go through eight stages of apprenticeship to become full fledged witches and they embark on endless adventures along the way. Magical DoReMi currently streams online at 4KidsTV.com, the official 4Kids website.

[​IMG]

Skunk Fu! surrounds the story of Skunk and his friends, who are in combat with the evil Dragon. Skunk must learn the ways of Kung Fu, while also learning to control himself and avoid getting into trouble. Skunk Fu! currently streams online at 4KidsTV.com, the official 4Kids website.

[​IMG]

Viva Pinata is a vibrant world of living pinata animals, filled with spontaneity and fun. Created by renowned video game developer Rare Ltd., Viva Pinata is a mass entertainment property brought to life by Microsoft and 4Kids Entertainment through video games, television and merchandise. Viva Pinata currently streams online at 4KidsTV.com, the official 4Kids website.

[​IMG]

Winx Club features a young protagonist named Bloom, who travels from Earth to the Alfea School for Fairies to learn how to perfect her magic skills. There she becomes best friends with Stella, Flora, Musa, Layla, and Tecna, five teenage fairies from five different realms. Together the six members of the Winx Club must juggle busy high school schedules, navigate the confusing world of romance, and save the universe all at the same time. Winx Club currently streams online at 4KidsTV.com, the official 4Kids website.

[​IMG]

Yu-Gi-Oh! is the story of a boy named Yugi who love the exciting card game in which players pit monster against monster in high-intensity duels. Since its U.S. launch, Yu-Gi-Oh! has captured the hearts and imaginations of children worldwide, making it the number-one trading card game in the U.S. for three consecutively years. Yu-Gi-Oh! currently streams online at 4KidsTV.com, the official 4Kids website.

[​IMG]

Yu-Gi-Oh! GX is the next chapter of the successful Yu-Gi-Oh! franchise. Aimed at a younger audience, Yu-Gi-Oh! GX features new duelists, new monsters, new challenges and exciting new storylines. Yu-Gi-Oh! GX currently streams online at 4KidsTV.com, the official 4Kids website.

III: Current Non-TV 4Kids Properties

[​IMG]

The American Kennel Club, or AKC, is the nation's leading authority on dog care, health and happiness. 4Sight Licensing Solutions has had great success building brand awareness for the AKC, whose products for dogs and humans are currently available at 4,700 locations.

[​IMG]

The Cabbage Patch Kids - the brand that started as a craze - has evolved into an evergreen property based on traditional nurturing values. Today, with the 25th Anniversary of the brand just around the corner, the magical world of Cabbage Patch Kids is sprouting once again.

[​IMG]

Founded in 1906, the Cat Fanciers' Association is the leading non-profit organization and authority for authenticity and credibility in feline preservation. CFA is also the world's largest pedigree cat society is to protect the well-being of cats and promote responsible cat ownership.

[​IMG]
    Jim Henson began as a graphic artist and continued to draw and doodle throughout his career as one of the world's most beloved entertainers in festival and film. Now for the first time, Henson's magical collection of art is transformed into a refreshing collection of lifestyle products. A new daily TV series starts November on PBS Sprout, featuring cuddly, plush puppets to help toddlers sleep at bedtime.

[​IMG]

Based on the hugely popular character pens known as the Kooky Klickers, The Kookys are a unique and fun range of personalities that have redefined “pen pals” for the 21st Century, captivating fans of all ages in the Kooky craze. Already established as a lifestyle brand and building upon the successful Plush range, 4Kids Entertainment will expand The Kookys brand into multiple categories to facilitate the growth of this lifestyle brand.

[​IMG]

Monster Jam events are rip-roarin' live stadium and arena events that blow the roof off traditional sports. Monster Jam has a family-oriented fan base of over 3.2 million and airs twice a week during primetime on Speed Channel.

[​IMG]

At the forefront of international air power for over 80 years, the Royal Air Force of the United Kingdom has a wealth of history that has shaped it into the modern air force of today. 4Kids Entertainment is proud to bring the RAF to market with a large licensing program designed to appeal to both the enthusiast and a new generation of RAF fans.

[​IMG]

The Dog brings you the cutest puppies photographed using a fish-eye lens to create an adorably enhanced image. The highly successful puppy photography franchise from Japan began as a popular line of calendars and postcards. The Dog is the #1 puppy franchise and continues to grow around the world!

#3 D Dubbs, Feb 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2009
  4. veemonjosh

veemonjosh Get back, Jojo

5. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Active Member

Well I see my name suggestion was actually chosen, that's nice.

I wish 4kids would hype up the finale of TMNT at least a little bit. All those kid posters on 4kidsTV.com are going to have themselves thrown for a loop.

6. THE 24 king

THE 24 king Member

4kids should hype up the finale of TMNT not a little but a lot it is they only shows that started when fox-box did......... well about 4 month's later but still

7. Terror of Death

Terror of Death Active Member

I have a quick question for all those who post in here. What are your top five favorite shows that aired on the FoxBox/4kids TV/Cw4kids? It could be anything no matter how long or how short they lasted on the channel.

My are:
    1. TMNT (all three)
    2.The Spectacular Spider-man
    3.Yu-Gi-Oh (original series)
    4.Shaman King
    5.Mew Mew Power

Any answers would be appreciated.

8. J!!!

J!!! You're such a little kid~

Mine are in order
    1 Chaotic
    2 Sonic X
    3 Kirby
    4 Hutnik
    5 TMNT

9. THE 24 king

THE 24 king Member

1. Shaman King
    2. Ultimate Muscle
    3. F-Zero: GP Legend
    4. Yu-Gi-Oh!
    5. Mew Mew Power
    these are mind i love each one but shaman king stands out .

10. Sonic_Eclipse

Sonic_Eclipse Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!

1) Sonic X
    2) TMNT
    3) The Spectacular Spider-Man
    4) Shaman King
    5) Yu-Gi-Oh!

I long for the day Shaman King gets released on DVD.

11. Silverstar

Silverstar Rock the Dragon

I don't have a fave 5, so we'll have to settle with just 4.

1. TMNT (except Fast Forward)
    2. Winx Club (Yeah, I said Winx Club)
    3. Dinosaur King
    4. Yu-Gi-Oh!

12. DonkeyKongSong

DonkeyKongSong Active Member

For online properties, you missed The Adrenaline Project and Biker Mice from Mars. I should've mentioned that when I started posting in the previous thread. :sweat:

13. Cassie Star

Cassie Star I have no gender.

My 5:

1. Sonic X
    2. Yu-Gi-Oh! (Duel Monsters and GX only)
    3. Kirby
    4. Dinosaur King
    5. Viva Pinata

14. PC!

PC! lolwut?

1. TMNT
    2. Sonic X
    3. Spectacular Spider Man
    4. Dinosaur King
    5. Kamen Rider

15. D Dubbs

D Dubbs Wish Upon A Star

How about that... :eek:

As for my top five whows? Hmm...

1. Yu-Gi-Oh! (original) - Even though it was horribly edited, it still remains one of my favorite series. Great character development, intriguing stories, plus a wonderful ending - something that's very rare for most long-running series.

2. Dinosaur King - Not the greatest show by any means, but it's my guilty pleasure with its quirky humor. It's just light-hearted fun, with a touch of seriousness added in here and there. It's also a big step in terms of 4Kids dubbing, with essentially no xenophobic editing of other cultures.

3. Viva Piñata - A great, great series that made me laugh with every episode and truly brought out the kid in me. It's a shame that a quarter of its episodes will probably never air on U.S. television. 4Kids really needs to do more comedy; they're surprisingly good at it.

4. The Spectacular Spider-Man - Meh, what I can I say that hasn't been said? An all-around solid action show.

5. Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's - Takes elements from both previous series, and makes the best of it. I like how there's a good plot, with essentially a criminal underdog as the protagonist, and how the duels are never dragged out too long like they were in the original series. Also gets points for being one of the first Saturday morning cartoons in widescreen, plus having one of the best (if not the best) theme song 4Kids has produced.

Keep in mind, I never really watched Fox Box/4Kids TV until 2006, so I missed out on most of TMNT, Shaman King, Ultimate Muscle, Sonic X...etc. Also, Kamen Rider and Huntik could both potentially join the list, but I don't feel fair ranking them with only seven episodes aired.

16. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Active Member

Does Pokemon count? I know it never aired on 4kids, but it was their dub for 8 years.

17. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I guess I'll go next.

1. Yu-Gi-Oh! (original): Even though the series was edited, I still enjoy it to this day. It was one of the first anime series that I got into and it has Atem, one of my favorite anime characters in generall in it.

2. Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's: I think this series has done a great job with having important duels for the plot as well as character development. I still give it a lot of credit for having strong female characters, something the other two Yu-Gi-Oh! seriously lacked in. Plus, I really love the theme song.

3. Dinosaur King: I like this show for its light-hearted humor and action. It has its serious moments with the plot, but it's still a good show to watch for fun.

4. Yu-Gi-Oh! GX: Yeah, I like Yu-Gi-Oh! a lot. Even though this series had its share of flaws, I always thought that it was enjoyable. It had a large group of characters and while few really got a chance to shine in the series, I still liked their different personalities and I also thought that the series improved with each new season. It would be nice if they finished dubbing the series someday too.

5. Winx Club: Even though I usually don't like extremely girly things, despite being a girl, I've always seen Winx Club as a gulity pleasure. I don't know if it was the plot, the voices or the use of magic that got me into the series, but I just find it overall enjoyable.

Just so people know, the reason why I didn't put TMNT on the list is because I didn't see the series until those repeats on CN came on and since I didn't see a new episode of the series until Fast Foreword came along, I thought that I shouldn't put it on the list.

18. Terror of Death

I don't mind at all but would you mind making your list a top six so I can see what would have been show #5?

Pokemon would be #2 on my revised list, thus bumping everything else down one peg.

19. mumbo

mumbo Look skyward

Um, basically in order, but I liked these shows all about the same, so here goes:

- TMNT - Such a great action cartoon, a long story with many intertwining arcs, and just overall fantastic quality. This series has been talked to death here so I won't go on anymore.
    - Viva Pinata - A just plain clever comedy series. Very well written, and only got better as the series progressed - it went out on top as far as quality goes. Absolutely hilarious. This show is such a ridiculously overlooked and underrated gem it's not even funny. Luckily it still got 52 episodes regardless of getting repeatedly shafted airing-wise, and luckily since I'm in Canada I got to see the whole series.
    - Shaman King - One of 4Kids' best dubs despite name changes. The original spirit and tone of the series was kept and while the overall story was about as generic as it gets, there was something about the characters and the feel of the show that just drew me in. Like Ultimate Muscle, Pokemon, Viva Pinata, and TMNT, the 4Kids voice actors were at their best here, putting a lot of their other work to shame, and transcending the stupidly placed accents.
    - Ultimate Muscle - Probably 4Kids' best dub. Again name changes were the order of the day, but some of the additions to the show were improvements (whether diehards agree with me or not is another story, but I think the fact that the Ultimate Muscle anime performed well in the US and tanked in Japan is an indicator). This series doesn't hold up compared to its predecessor Kinnikuman, but very few series can, and this was a pretty great series in its own right.
    - Yu-Gi-Oh! original - One of 4Kids' worst dubs actually, but the series shone through that. I thoroughly enjoyed watching the whole run, even the parts that fans pan. Even though Dawn of the Duel wasn't true to the source material (I'm not entirely sure about this but it's what I keep hearing) I still loved watching it. Good storytelling, good animation and art direction, good characters, and while GX can't stand up to it in terms of quality at all, 5D's is actually carrying the torch pretty well.

I left off Spectacular Spider-Man simply for the reason that it has nothing to do with 4Kids and was really just a remnant of Kids' WB. I like it just as much as the series I listed, if not more than some of them, so.

20. Terror of Death

I decided to make my top five response more in depth like the others. :sweat:

1. TMNT (all three) - My favorite non anime cartoon. I love practically everything about it. I discussed this in another thread so I'll just copy my response from there:
    Awesome fight scenes that were long and nicely choreographed, memorable characters, fluid animation, unique cinematography that had a lot of attention to detail, a larger than life universe featuring numerous characters and wonderfully developed and intertwining story arcs, comic book crossovers, lots of rewatchability, a plethora of cool gadgets, weapons, and vehicles, occasional instances of mature storytelling and realistic violence, a perfect blend of sci-fi, action, comedy, and traditional Japanese elements, long reaching continuity. This show had everything I ever wanted in a cartoon and more. If I ever get the chance to work on a cartoon I could only dream it would be half as good as TMNT.

2.The Spectacular Spider-man - One of the best superhero cartoons. Good dialogue, well executed fight scenes, very fluid animation, awesome presentation, and a nice sense of humor. I also like the strong continuity.

3.Yu-Gi-Oh - (original series) - I love the campy dub, the memorable main characters, and the monster designs. I became a huge Yugioh fan because of the show and I still am a fan to this day. I buy the manga (which I prefer) and the videogames but I don’t watch the new series'. My favorite sagas were Duelist Kingdom, Battle City, KC Grand Prix, and Millennium World.

4.Shaman King - I also prefer the manga to this show but the anime was good too. It had good pacing, nice character development, epic battles, and it made me laugh a few times. I also thought some of the story arcs were interesting and well written.

5.Mew Mew Power - I'm normally not into these kinds of shows but it had good animation and I liked the character designs a lot. I honestly don’t remember much about it but I watched all the episode 4kids aired so it must have been decent enough.

Special #2 (4kids Dub episodes)Pokemon - One of 4kids best dubs. It got me into anime and I still watch it to this day. I liked it because the characters were great and it was like no other show out there when it first came out. I liked seasons 1 and 2, disliked the Johto episodes, and thought the Hoen episodes was decent mostly due to May and the the contest episodes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.