1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

4Kids Talkback: The Madness Ends Here - The 4Kids Discussion V2

Discussion in 'Saturday Morning Forever!' started by TheFZAtUGSOnline, Jun 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigddan11

bigddan11 Justice must be served!

You do realize that Yu-Gi-Oh! GX has one season left to air, and since they are moving the premieres from 4KidsTV to CW4Kids, then the final season will also air on CW4Kids. Skunk Fu isn't confirmed to be on the network yet, though it is on the Web site, and neither is Magi-Nation. Expect Smeshariki to be in the first hour since it will fulfill the E/I requirements.

2. Pomegranate

Pomegranate Active Member

Oh, I get it now!

I wasn't bashing the workers/employees! Just the company's execs/bosses!

3. bigddan11

The article released today does say they will have 18 shows on CW and FOX, and since there are only 18 slots, that means none of the shows will be doubling up. Huntik: Secrets & Seekers has also been confirmed for CW4Kids, so they only have 2 open slots.

4. Pomegranate

Pomegranate Active Member

4Kids was said to be licensing 18 brand-new shows, weren't they? If so, then that'd be a huge surprise, seeing as how they're a small, independent company:sweat: !

5. Cassie Star

Cassie Star I have no gender.

Small... wha?

They were small... 20 years ago.

6. bigddan11

This is what has been posted:
    That doesn't say they are licensing 18 shows. It says they will air 18 shows on CW and FOX. Granted, they usually have to aquire broadcasting rights to the shows, which they have for Skunk Fu! and Magi-Nation thanks to taking over the CW block, which is why most people think they will get second seasons (especially since Skunk Fu! is on the 4KidsTV Web site). What this doesn't tell us is if any of the shows will be reruns or not. With Sonic X, Kirby, and Winx Club back on 4KidsTV, I could see them taking up 3 of the spots this fall if they don't get enough shows to air in 18 spots.

In terms of new shows, the article also says they will be creating a new series called Kooky Klickers. If they create the show, like they do with Chaotic, Viva Pinata, TMNT, and now Kooky Klickers, then they don't have to aquire the license to it.

7. D Dubbs

D Dubbs Wish Upon A Star

They still are. They only have 250 people working at their headquarters.

Personally, I think it's quite impressive how they've managed to become such a prominent figure in the children's entertainment industry.

8. Undrave

Undrave Forever Burning Heart!

If those lame looking Kooky Klickers are so hot how come its the first time I hear of them?! Looks lame to me.

Frankly, with all the TCGs out there I have a hard time believing kids actually care to collect stuff you can't play a game with anymore.

AWW MAN! If I don't get a CW the only show I'll be able to watch will be Dinosaur King!! (I'm glad I at least keep it but still). Talk about putting all your eggs in the same basket. Its obvious 4Kids won't renew its deal with Fox and will just some filler older shows to hold the fort on 4KidsTV until the end of the contract >.>

9. Space Cadet

Space Cadet I'M SWEATING
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, with over 1000 posts, let's start up a new thread.

10. Sketch

Sketch not like those other old guys

4kids gets Kamen Rider Dragon Knight eh? Well I've gotta say, that doesn't shock me at all.

What shocks me is 4kidsTV looks like it's getting the shaft in it's plausible final season. All the big names are moving to CW4kids.

I'm going to guess it'll look something like this.

07:00 - Smeshariki
    07:30 - Magi-Nation
    08:00 - Skunk Fu
    08:30 - Chaotic
    09:00 - Huntik
    09:30 - The Spectacular Spider-Man
    10:00 - TMNT: Back to the Sewer
    10:30 - Kamen Rider: Dragon Knight
    11:00 - Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D
    11:30 - Yu-Gi-Oh! GX

11. veemonjosh

veemonjosh Get back, Jojo

Did I ever say ONCE that I thought shows would be doubling up? No, I didn't.

And yeah, Huntik...weird that they didn't say anything about it in the new press release...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.