1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

4Kids Talkback: The Madness Ends Here - The 4Kids Discussion V2

Discussion in 'Saturday Morning Forever!' started by TheFZAtUGSOnline, Jun 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheFZAtUGSOnline

TheFZAtUGSOnline Galactic Guardian since 2010

[​IMG]
    (its not a premiere talkback thread, just using image as a Talkback image)

A Long Time Ago, a user posted a discussion about 4Kids Entertainment, the company who makes anime shows look like garbage and the company who helped rocket Pokemon onto a long-running series in the US.

Today, not even a single 4Kids Discussion was made (except some eppy discussions and a couple speculation threads), so it is up to me to create the 2nd Version of the unofficial TZ 4Kids Discussion.

Some Good things to look up to: One Piece to finally finish its 4Kids run, 4KidsTV to do 2007-2008 run, and many others that i cannot mention...

So, Lets begin! (i hope it does not end early because of the mod's decision to close it...)

#1 TheFZAtUGSOnline, Jun 9, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2007
  2. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Active Member

So what does 4kids have left?

TMNT, Viva Pinata and Chaotic are the only returning shows this fall on 4kidsTV right?

Where is Yu-gi-oh GX going? Does 4kids have anything new?

3. TheFZAtUGSOnline

"unreliable" Wikipedia stated that Winx might be on for the '07-'08 season...

4. Hordesman

Hordesman slashor

Don't you think the US toys would still be coming in if that was the case?

5. TKnHappyNess

TKnHappyNess Active Member

The only shows they've got left are Ninja Turtles, Chaotic, and Viva Pinata. Winx Club has ended over in Europe, and there's no talk of a 4th season. Hopefully somebody else besides them gets the rights to dub the movie, but if they do get it, they better keep it true to the original and not add in all these stupid emo things or teen speak. I'm wondering what anime 4Kids is going to butcher next.

6. veemonjosh

veemonjosh Get back, Jojo

Besides Yu-Gi-Oh GX, 4Kids has decided to quit the anime buisness.

As for the fall schedule, I imagine it'll be something like it is right now, except Yu-Gi-Oh GX replacing Winx Club.

7. TheFZAtUGSOnline

Well, according to the Winx fanbase (thats alot of people!), Rainbow may do a movie concluding the series sometime in '07/'08 in italy... with US realase some point after...
    And because of One Piece, 4kids has quit the anime biz (unless if they somehow air whats left of their anime library, and the delayed anime Pretty Cure.) for now.... (depending on their situation, but maybe indefenitly)

8. Draft

Draft Active Member

silly rabbit, Wikipedia is useless for news relating to tv shows and movies!!!

Al Kahn said Winx and Bratz would not be on 4K!DS TV idiots..

Heres what 4K!DS has access to that aren't girl properties and still have episodes to air..

-TMNT(FF and Lost Season)
    -Viva Piniata
    -Chaotic
    -Sonic X
    -G.I. Joe Sigma Six
    -Yu-Gi-Oh GX

I suspect 3-4 slots will go to GX and old Yu-Gi-Oh eps. Probably all but G.I.Joe will get renewed, and they'll have 2-3 new shows lined up..

9. Shredder565

Shredder565 Active Member

Rumor has it a liscenscing show in New York this month will decide TMNT's fate. Plus the fate of a new movie. Has anyone heard anythinhg?

10. D Dubbs

D Dubbs Wish Upon A Star

I was under the impression that Sonic X was finished. Or at least hasn't been confirmed for another season in Japan.

And I can't see 4KidsTV giving half their airspace to Yu-Gi-Oh! Besides, it seems like they're trying to rush through Yu-Gi-Oh! at the moment, and showing the 'best' episodes.

11. BCVM22

BCVM22 Active Member

That would be correct. Any airtime they gave it would be all reruns.

12. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Active Member

You've probably read it on thetechnodrome.com's forums, but rumour has it that TMNT will be redesigned to mirror the movie next season. We'll know for sure on June 19th. Hopefully Muprhy has the news or Dan posts it on the official site.

13. Shredder565

Shredder565 Active Member

Yep, that's where I read it. Which is kind of stupid. All the characters are already there. The designs are similair, if not better. Just go back to the dark and gritty 2K3 style and all is said and done...

They should never have changed it in the first place....even if 'ratings' are supposedly higher than they've been in 2 years. Stupid outdated ratings system :)

14. HellCat

HellCat Lesser spotted Brit
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

Sonic X is pretty much over. 4Kids were talking about new episodes but SEGA have made it sound as if this won't happen and it's well documented that Japan dubbed but didn't air the Metarex episodes, whilst other countries snapped it up. Closest to a Sonic X continuation is Archie's tie in comic.

15. PC!

PC! lolwut?

So...what exactly was the story with Pretty Cure? Did 4Kids ever get around to dubbing any of it, or did they just drop it?

16. TheFZAtUGSOnline

Its dubbed, but its delayed, origianlly it was supposed to be on along with Viva Pinata and S3 of Winx on September '06, but it was dropped, for now...

17. Draft

Draft Active Member

Al Kahn said he was dropping all girl programing ,thus why Winx and Bratz aren't on next season

18. TheFZAtUGSOnline

Pile 4Kids with Books!

And with that, The decline of 4KidsTV has just begun...

Now i feel sorry for 4Kids, making a bad decision like that, so that means, we won't get Pretty Cure? (or the remaining episodes of MewMew Power and Magical DoReMi?)

I have an idea, lets pull a "Jericho" on 4Kids and see if they can keep the girly shows on their network! (pile them with tons of books)

19. Draft

Draft Active Member

Well, probably jsut wait till Jan or Next Year, since, if wikipedia is right, Winx brings in the most ratings..

Oh, i thoguht they were making a new season of Sonic X

Heres a likely schedule, new shows in bold

8.0 Yu-Gi-Oh
    8.5 Yu-Gi-Oh GX
    9.0 Yu-Gi-Oh GX
    9.5 Viva Pinata
    10.0 TMNT
    10.5 NEW
    11.0 G.I.Joe
    11.5 Chaotic

20. TheFZAtUGSOnline

Here's what the 4Kids Schedule might look like during the massive Winx Fan Riots of 2007 (Which will doubtly happen):

8.0 Live Telecast of Winx Fan Riots in 4Kids's HQ at NYC/4KidsTV Logo/Station ID/Black Screen/FOXKids Replays from station archive tapes
    8.5 My4Kids Code/Announcements/Advertisments
    8:32 Yu-Gi-Oh
    9.0 Yu-Gi-Oh GX
    9.5 Viva Pinata
    10.0 TMNT2k3
    10.5 TMNT: FF
    11.0 G.I.Joe
    11.5 Chaotic

Winx is one big show, like Jericho, Verioncia Mars, and (Probably) Funky Cops (or Kirby), Canning It Might Spark a Big Riot, BOTH in Italy and In the States...

And Al Kahn is just plain mean... (No Offense)

And Toon Overlord, Your are right about the 'Club raking in alot of viewers, Winx is 4Kids's Hannah Montana, While DC's Hannah is their Lizzie McGuire

Moving on...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.