1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

4Kids Talkback: One Last Shot - The 4Kids Discussion V9

Discussion in 'Saturday Morning Forever!' started by D Dubbs, Jul 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cohenmarioman

cohenmarioman Active Member

I thought that sounded familiar. Using names of packs now are we?

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Crossroads_of_Chaos

2. D Dubbs

D Dubbs Wish Upon A Star

3. cohenmarioman

I fourth it, it just seems like a combination of two Yugioh headings. First Crossroads of Chaos, and Road to Destiny. Crossroads to Destiny. Don't know if you planned that, but it does make it sound cool.

Wonder how you'll make it work into the first post D Dubbs.

4. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I agree. Even though I've only seen that one promo image from Cardfight! Vanguard, it still looks like something 4Kids would be interesting in bringing over and dubbing themselves. Some of the designs do look kind of cool to me too and it could be a fun show to see, especially since I enjoy toyetic themed series.

I agree that the designs for the humans and monsters feel Yu-Gi-Oh! like, but I don't see how it could be seen as a rip-off per say. It hasn't even premiered in Japan and I think that it is kind of harsh to make that kind of judgment with just a couple of promotional artwork, as opposed to actually seeing the series first hand and comparing it with the various Yu-Gi-Oh! series to make a call like that. The similar designs with Yu-Gi-Oh! did feel kind of weird to me at first, but I'm still willing to give it a shot if or when it gets a dub.

I'll fourth the Crossroad of Destiny title. Even though I agree that things aren't that great for 4Kids, I didn't want a depressing/negative title just to look on the more positive/hopeful side of the situation.

5. THE 24 king

THE 24 king Member

CW (Toonzai) 0.9/5 Avg. (7a-12p)
    Cubix 0.2/2; Cubix 0.4/3; Sonic X 0.9/5; Sonic X 1.4/7; Yu-Gi-Oh 1.0/5; Sonic X 1.3/6; Dragon Ball Z Kai 1.2/5; Dragon Ball Z Kai 1.2/5; Yu-Gi-Oh 5Ds 0.8/4; Yu-Gi-Oh 5Ds 0.8/4
    ABC 0.9/4 Avg. (9a-12p)
    The Emperor's New School 0.6/3; The Replacements 1.0/4; That's So Raven 0.8/3; That's So Raven 0.8/3; Hannah Montana 1.2/5; Suite Life of Zack & Cody 1.3/6
    NBC (Qubo on NBC)Avg. 0.4/2 (10a-1p)
    Turbo Dogs 0.4/2; Shelldon 0.3/1; Magic School Bus 0.4/2; Babar 0.3/1; Willa's Wild Life 0.3/1; Pearlie 0.4/2
    CBS (CookieJarTV) 0.3/1 Avg. (7-10a/10a-12p)
    Doodlebops Rockin Road Show 0.2/1; Doodlebops Rockin Road Show 0.3/1; Busytown Mysteries 0.1/1; Sabrina's Secret Life 0.4/2; Busytown Mysteries 0.2/1; Sabrina: The Animated Series 0.4/2

King Sonic

6. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Dang. Those are some great ratings for Sonic X. While the airings are reaching the climax of the metarex arc, I still wonder what really draws these kids to the show. It's pretty good, but it's been airing reruns for ages and the chances of a new season of Sonic X being made are silm to none at this point. Though, I could see a new animated series coming sometime down the line. DBZ Kai did pretty well too and the ratings for 5D's, while not terrific, are fairly decent, especially for staying the same during the whole hour.

7. firefoxprime

firefoxprime 90s = Golden Years

Hmm...firstly awesome ratings for toonzai. dbzkai is really starting to show some "muscle" hehe. If those kids liked the saiyan battles...the Namek arc is gonna blow their minds. If the ratings keep up, i wouldnt be to surprised to see (1.5+) or even a (2.0).Although i dont watch yugioh anymore, those numbers are great.

In relation to Cardfight Vanguard, I really can't call the series a yugioh rip-off. Why? Well...because its a collaboration between a "yugioh" animator(i think...) and the creator of duel masters? So at the very least the series is being handle by ppl who know their source material. Toyetic anime. So, no. I wouldnt call CFVan a rip off, since its being lead by someone who worked with the yugioh.

8. jerrymouse16

jerrymouse16 Sonic and Amy Forever!!!

And those ratings are one of the many reasons why 4Kids keeps Sonic X around.

9. Chaotix12345

Chaotix12345 Guh-huh!

I'll fourth that! I like it. Catchy, not too negative, nice and neutral.

10. cohenmarioman

Do you happen to know which animator?

I think that is 6 for Crossroads to Destiny ...

11. firefoxprime

firefoxprime 90s = Golden Years

Sure Cohen. My info was a bit off.

Appearently CardFight Vanguard is a collaboration between the Yugioh manga creator "Akira Ito", and the original Duel Masters technical advisor Satoshi Nakamura.

12. Divinenega

Divinenega Active Member

I'm surprised my title is so popular...anyway, I'm glad to see that Toonzai gained a little something last weekend. Sonic X and DBZ Kai are really pulling in the ratings and even 5D's broke even. Hopefullly things will push up for them.

On another note, if 4 Kids does happen to secure the rights to Cardfight Vanguard quickly(considering it's the sort of thing their in need of I'd imagine so)...do you think they'd try simulcasting in on Toonzaki? Just a random thought.

13. Sgt.Frog

Sgt.Frog Active Member

I think these are the best rating so far. Everything broke even, except for Cubix which is simply fantastic. I'm glad 5'DS finally did break even it deserved it. Sonic X is a monster, I'm guessing one of the main factors in the ratings boost might have been the release of two new sonic games. 1.3 and 1.4 are great respectively even 0.9 is good. Kai is continuing to grow stronger with 1.2's. Yu-Gi-Oh getting 1.0 is nice for a older series. 1.4 for Sonic X means 4kids got a higher share of money.

14. cohenmarioman

Ah, the guy who made the GX and 5Ds manga. I might watch it.

15. Golfkid

Golfkid Active Member

The one thing that was noticed was that the early Sonic airings have the Mederex arc and those episodes haven't aired as much, plus the new game just came out.

With that in mind, I wonder how the ratings will hold up when the new game "smell" (sort of speak) tapers off and when they get into the beginning of the series again. :shrug:

I also wonder how much better 5D's would've done if so many stations didn't screw it? :confused:

16. D Dubbs

D Dubbs Wish Upon A Star

Excellent. These ratings couldn't have come at a better time either, since we're right in the middle of the November sweeps (runs from October 30th through November 20th this year).

17. Sgt.Frog

Sgt.Frog Active Member

November sweeps?

18. Golfkid

Golfkid Active Member

I don't know what November sweeps are.

However, I noticed that Toonzaki's Facebook page hasn't been updated in a week and they haven't really been responding like they normally do.

I wonder what's up. :confused:

19. MDawg

MDawg Nerfariously planning

Something I've been wondering about for a while is why despite continual quarters without any gains has the topic of Al Kahn being ousted as CEO never been brought up? If I was a shareholder in a floundering company, I'd think it would be about time for a change at the top.

20. veemonjosh

veemonjosh Get back, Jojo

Unless I'm wrong, it's a time when the ratings of networks are evaluated by the advertisers and investors in order to see if their money should continue to be spent on it. The higher the ratings during sweeps months, the more these advertisers and investors will be interested in the channel.

Despite what we know is going on behind the scenes, 4Kids is currently the prince of Saturday mornings (Nickelodeon is, and forever will be, the king). This is a very good thing during the November sweeps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.