1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

4Kids Talkback: Endgame - The 4Kids Discussion V11

Discussion in 'Saturday Morning Forever!' started by D Dubbs, Aug 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MadMan400096

MadMan400096 World War I Flying Ace

2. Sonic_Eclipse

Sonic_Eclipse Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!

'The Vortexx' is an alright name, I can't wait to see what the logo and the block itself looks like though.

Its interesting that the CW isn't in the blocks name, when it was in 4Kids' agreement that the CW had to be in the blocks name. I guess Saban was able to due away that though.

Still I can't to see what new shows will be on the block, and with Saban's history with Fox Kids this should be good.

3. 4Kids4EverFandom

4Kids4EverFandom Active Member

I Heard something that Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal will air as full hour (2 Episodes) and a former Yu-Gi-Oh Series will air one episode on the Vortexx. Can anyone confirm that this is true?

4. spidey4545

spidey4545 Fox Kids Historian
    Reporter

It will most likely be an hour total of Yu-Gi-Oh! Whether that means two episodes of Zexal or one of each, we don't know yet.

5. powergate92

powergate92 Power Rangers and Stargate fan

6. PC!

PC! lolwut?

7. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I believe that it was confirmed that both Power Rangers and Yu-Gi-Oh! would be on the new block a few weeks ago. Keeping Yu-Gi-Oh! on the CW was part of the agreement from the Japanese companies when it was being put up for sale.

The new logo does look pretty cool. Having the Power Ranges logo on the first letter is a nice touch.

8. BrianLeague

BrianLeague Active Member

Wow, the logo looks really cool. Better than Toonzai so far!

Also, here's the official Facebook page for the block: http://www.facebook.com/MyVortexx

I guess The CW logo is going to be stuck to the Vortexx logo. :sweat:

I'm still wondering what happens to the Toonzai name, does anyone know? Does 4Kids still own the name or does Saban own it?

9. Spideyzilla

Spideyzilla Well-Known Member

Is it just me, or does the "V" in the name have the Power Rangers lightning bolt in it? It's really cool, and great to see. The spiritual return of Fox Kids is at hand! I wonder if this was happening on Fox, whether they would use The Vortexx name or revive the Fox Kids name?

10. Sonic_Eclipse

Sonic_Eclipse Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!

The V definitely has the Power Rangers lightning bolt in it.

I was thinking the same thing if the block was on FOX, but its possible that Disney still owns the Fox Kids name.

11. Takao

Takao Fight the darkness all around

Saturday's promos:

[video=youtube;eEdNR2ljG_8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEdNR2ljG_8[/video]

12. gmster

gmster Active Member

I'm curious, will the block be broadcast in HD? It always annoyed me when 4kids only aired their shows in standard-def.

13. powergate92

powergate92 Power Rangers and Stargate fan

Possibly Chaotic since Saban got "broadcast rights in the United States to the 79 Chaotic episodes" as part of their deal with 4Kids.

4Kids still owns the Toonzai name and trademark as it was not part of their deal with Saban.

14. aegisrawks

aegisrawks Active Member

The news release says The Vortexx will air at 7AM for all afiliates...I wonder if that means Saban pulled some strings to have them all in synch.

15. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I don't think that there's been any mention of the block being broadcasted in HD. To be fair, 4Kids probably couldn't afford to put their shows in HD and there probably wasn't much demand to put Saturday monring cartoons in HD. Saban could probably afford to to do that, but it would also probably depend on if they think it would be worthwhile to do that.

That does sound like a possibility. Saban probably didn't want the block to start later in some areas or skipped an hour of programming for something else.

16. veemonjosh

veemonjosh Get back, Jojo

Well, we're nearing the end of this. The final 4Kids Discussion thread.

4Kids, despite the hard times we've gone through together, I just want to thank you. You stood as a lone beacon of a bygone time, a Saturday morning block on broadcast television with exclusive programming that didn't solely conform to E/I standards. You brought us a solid 10 years(!!) of shows; you brought about new fanbases (or in some cases, brought existing fanbases closer together), licensed shows that other companies might not have given a chance, aired the best dang Ninja Turtles series to date, and always found ways to interact with viewers. You did make bad decisions, but hey, who doesn't? I feel that you've long since redeemed yourself, even if it was a bit too late.

As you fall into your inevitable obscurity, the enthusiasm you brought to children's television shall still live on. We may not hear much from you again, but we'll always remember you.

C'est la vie

17. cartoonscartoons

cartoonscartoons I cant help it, if I'm lucky

Why are people so obsessed with HD? It doesn't improve the quality of the shows or the block.

18. MadMan400096

MadMan400096 World War I Flying Ace

...and as we either wish 4Kids the best of luck on its new path or jeer it out telling them to make sure the door doesn't hit their butts on the way out (depending on either you loved or hated them), we heartily welcome back Haim Saban to the Saturday morning pedestal. His new block didn't end up on Fox (who's still airing infomercials in that timeslot last time I checked), but anything's better than nothing.

Well, it looks better, for starters.

19. aegisrawks

aegisrawks Active Member

Ok this is the second to last post, better make it the best I can...

I cant wait to see the new shows. I hope the dubbing for Zexal improves for the better.

20. D Dubbs

D Dubbs Wish Upon A Star

I guess I'll wrap things up here.

As veemonjosh noted, it's definitely been a fun ride with 4Kids and following all the latest news on them, including some pretty significant achievements in the animation world. For example, 4Kids was the first company to bring a Russian cartoon (GoGoRiki) to US airwaves. They were also the first to take a show animated in Flash and then recreate it in traditional 2D animation with Chaotic. And perhaps most significantly, they tried to breathe new life into Saturday morning cartoons when no one else dared, allowing for Saban to take advantage of the opportunity before Saturday mornings died forever.

While the rest of the Internet hated (and still continues to hate) on 4Kids, these 4Kids discussions were always something of a safe haven where constructive discussion on the company took place. I'd even venture to say it was the most progressive discussion on 4Kids anywhere on the Internet. It really has been a pleasure hosting these threads for the past five years, and I'd like to thank everyone who participated, especially those who have been here since these discussions started (I'm looking at you 4Kids guy).

It's been fun guys. Thank you all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.