1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

4Kids Talkback: All That Remains - The 4Kids Discussion V4

Discussion in 'Saturday Morning Forever!' started by Space Cadet, Nov 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Space Cadet

Space Cadet I'M SWEATING
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, the last thread almost reached a 1000 posts, so that means its time for a new one. Here's a link to the last thread: http://forums.toonzone.net/showthread.php?t=212158

We now know that 4KidsTV will shut down by the end of this year, and the only 4Kids block left will be CW4KidsTV. And its also the only broadcast Saturday morning childrens block that still tries to make programming for the kids(and that's not reruns from cable networks or dominated by E/I shows).

2. J!!!

J!!! You're such a little kid~

Well since there all thats left maybe they could try their own 24/7 digital sub channel.... still only a dream:sad:

3. DonkeyKongSong

DonkeyKongSong Active Member

Nice. I'd been lurking here since the beginning of the last thread, but never really posted until recently.

And to reply to D Dubbs' post in last thread:

Actually, no it didn't. As I said, most of it was from memory, and Joltman helped too. The only trouble was...

- most of the 2002-03 season, because I had little incentive to watch what was then the Fox Box. And again, Joltman did most of 2002.
    - Bratz. I despise this show, but strangely I remembered where it all aired. However, since I don't watch it, I had to track down when the new episodes aired when we started modifying the chart, since the rules there are "if one new episode aired during the show's time in that slot, then I don't put (repeats) next to it". TV.com's Bratz guide just plain sucks, so I had to do a lot of Internet Archive searching.
    - Summer 2004. I remembered most of it, but following the premiere of Winx Club, it got kinda confusing. I remembered three different schedules, it was just pinpointing the exact dates, though I knew when the first one began and the last one ended
    - The "NinjAcademy Awards" thing in March 2007.
    - Convincing Joltman about the placements of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Viva Piñata in the spring/summer of 2007 (he had different beliefs than me, and kept reverting my edits, then I showed him Cynopsis).
    - The first week of the 2003-04 season. I just had a hard time believing the announcements until I searched WVAH on Internet Archive, and then I realized it was a one-time thing.

Other than that, it was a breeze.

4. D Dubbs

D Dubbs Wish Upon A Star

New 4Kids thread means a new one of these.

4Kids' Current Properties:

I. Current/Upcoming CW4Kids Programs

[​IMG][​IMG]

Chaotic is the revolutionary new collectible card game that takes trading card games and online play to the next level. The Chaotic television series follows the adventures of a group of teens who travel to Perim to capture codes of hundreds of unique creatures. Chaotic currently airs on The CW4Kids, and the sequel series, M'arrillian Invasion, is expected to air in January.

[​IMG]

Dinosaurs are back, and they're bigger, badder and better than ever. In Dinosaur King, the dino-tastic quests of the D-Team require them to travel anywhere in the world to hunt down dinosaurs that have been lost by the time-traveling Dr. Z and his bumbling team of bad guys. Dinosaur King currently airs on The CW4Kids.

[​IMG]

When all the King’s horses and all the King’s men couldn’t put Humpty Dumpty back together again, they turned to Dr. Kizami Miyazaki, the King’s top bio-nuclear scientist. Combining Hydrogen, the lightest element with Bombinium, the heaviest, Dr. Miyazaki constructed a polymer matrix to bind Humpty’s pieces back together again. Now known simply as HTDT and with the help of Dr. Miyazaki’s 10-year-old son Axel and his babysitter, the beautiful assistant librarian and teen pop star, Arisa, he battles the forces of evil that regularly threaten the kingdom of Happily Ever After. HTDT is scheduled to air in the near future on The CW4Kids.

[​IMG]

Huntik: Secrets and Seekers features a group of humans known as Seekers who gather the mysterious powers of the Titans and summon them into our world to help protect it. Years have passed since they were last used, and now the new Seekers must find where the Titans have been hidden before the Professor and his evil organization can find them and use them to conquer all of humanity. Huntik will premiere January 3rd on The CW4Kids.

[​IMG]

Kamen Rider Dragon Knight is an American adaptation of the live-action Japanese series, Kamen Rider Ryuki. The story features twelve Kaman riders who must defend Ventara against the evil General Xaviax. Kamen Rider: Dragon Knight will premiere January 3rd on the The CW4Kids.

[​IMG]

The world of GoGoRiki is a world of adventure, creativity and friendship. From turning snores into energy, discovering the amazing power of dreams, and even finding a way to make the sun shine on a rainy day, the characters work to solve problems in an unexpected, creative and funny way. The positive values they transmit – friendship, diligence and inventive talent - are timeless. GoGoRiki currently airs on The CW4Kids.

[​IMG]

Rocket Monkeys
    is a Flash-animated series featuring a pair simians, Wally and Gus, who were blasted into space. Rocket Monkeys is schedule to air on The CW4Kids in the near future.

[​IMG]

Based on an original idea by Michael Milligan, RollBots are perfectly round robots that roll at extreme speeds on roller-coaster type tracks through Flip City, a community that contains 11 different tribes of rollbots. Spin is the only bot in Flip City who doesn't have a tribe, but he makes up for it with speed! His hyper-roll mode and powerful Skyv Boots let him pull off amazing moves while he chases down criminals with his fellow cops. RollBots premeries in February on the CW4Kids.

[​IMG]

The most turtle-riffic heroes of all time! Get in on the action with one of the most powerful boys' brands, which has generated over $5 billion in retail sales since its inception. Thrilling kids with their cool ninja moves, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are a classic that keeps adding to its legacy. Season seven, TMNT: Back to the Sewer, currently airs on The CW4Kids.

[​IMG]

The Spectacular Spider-Man
    picks up the original web-slinger's mythology at the beginning of his hero's journey, as a not so typical 16-year-old entering his junior year of high school. Having spent the summer engaging common criminals with his new-found powers, Peter Parker must conceal his secret identity and battle super-villains in the real world. The Spectacular Spider-Man currently airs on The CW4Kids.

[​IMG]

Will is a young boy who constantly searches for adventure. Dewitt is a frog that can transform. Together, Will & Dewitt find several adventures and Dewitt can change into almost any creature to help Will through tough times. Will & Dewitt currently airs on The CW4Kids.

[​IMG]

Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's is the latest chapter in the Yu-Gi-Oh! franchise. It features brand new duelists, brand new vehicles, brand new storylines and a brand new way of dueling. The series currently airs on The CW4Kids.

II. Current Online Properties

[​IMG]

Cubix: Robots for Everyone is a CGI animated series that takes place in the year 2040 in Bubble Town where robots outnumber humans. This show centers on the Botties, a special club for people who know how to fix robots, along with the evil Dr. K., who has evil plans up his sleeve. Cubix currently streams online at 4Kidstv.com, the official 4Kids website.

[​IMG]

Di-Gata Defenders follows the adventures of four warriors as they defend the Realm against the evil Order of Infinis. With the help of powerful Guardians, the heroes will fight to control the destiny of the four pure stones. They are the last line of protection between the good people of Rados and the villains who seek to rule them. Di-Gata Defenders currently streams online at 4Kidstv.com, the official 4Kids website.

[​IMG]

In the land of Fighting Foodons, regular recipes turn in to meal monsters when the art of culinary combat's concocted. King Gorgeous Gorge and his Gluttons have cooked up a devious plan to rule the world and they sprinkled an extra dash of destruction. A young boy named Chase believes that he, his friends, family, and Foodons can change the world one at a time, even if it involves going into battle against the Gluttons. Fighting Foodons currently streams online at 4Kidstv.com, the official 4Kids website.

[​IMG]

Funky Cops is a French animated series about two cops, Jack Kowalski and Ace Anderson, solving crimes while adding in touches of disco, hot rods, 8-Tracks, and of course, funky fuzzy dice. Funky Cops currently streams online at 4Kidstv.com, the official 4Kids website.

[​IMG]

Kirby: Right Back at Ya! is about the adventures of Kirby, a legendary Star Warrior destined to save the planet Pop Star from the destruction of the evil Nightmare. Kirby currently streams online at 4Kidstv.com, the official 4Kids website.

[​IMG]

Magical DoReMi is about the struggles of a 3rd grader named Dorie Goodwyn who, along with her best friends Reanne and Mirabelle, dream of becoming a witch. The Witchlings must go through eight stages of apprenticeship to become full fledged witches and they embark on endless adventures along the way. Magical DoReMi currently streams online at 4Kidstv.com, the official 4Kids website.

[​IMG]

Skunk Fu! surrounds the story of Skunk and his friends, who are in combat with the evil Dragon. Skunk must learn the ways of Kung Fu, while also learning to control himself and avoid getting into trouble. Skunk Fu! currently streams online at 4Kidstv.com, the official 4Kids website.

[​IMG]

Sonic X is about a hedgehog name Sonic who is transported to the human world. Once there, Sonic is rescued by a boy named Chris. Now the race is on to keep Dr. Eggman away from the powerful Chaos Emeralds and from taking over the World. Luckily for Earth, Sonic is the quickest hedgehog around! Sonic X currently streams online at 4Kidstv.com, the official 4Kids website.

[​IMG]

Viva Pinata is a vibrant world of living pinata animals, filled with spontaneity and fun. Created by renowned video game developer Rare Ltd., Viva Pinata is a mass entertainment property brought to life by Microsoft and 4Kids Entertainment through video games, television and merchandise. Viva Pinata currently streams online at 4Kidstv.com, the official 4Kids website.

[​IMG]

Winx Club features a young protagonist named Bloom, who travels from Earth to the Alfea School for Fairies to learn how to perfect her magic skills. There she becomes best friends with Stella, Flora, Musa, Layla, and Tecna, five teenage fairies from five different realms. Together the six members of the Winx Club must juggle busy high school schedules, navigate the confusing world of romance, and save the universe all at the same time. Winx Club currently streams online at 4Kidstv.com, the official 4Kids website.

[​IMG]

Yu-Gi-Oh! is the story of a boy named Yugi who love the exciting card game in which players pit monster against monster in high-intensity duels. Since its U.S. launch, Yu-Gi-Oh! has captured the hearts and imaginations of children worldwide, making it the number-one trading card game in the U.S. for three consecutively years. Yu-Gi-Oh! currently streams online at 4Kidstv.com, the official 4Kids website.

[​IMG]

Yu-Gi-Oh! GX is the next chapter of the successful Yu-Gi-Oh! franchise. Aimed at a younger audience, Yu-Gi-Oh! GX features new duelists, new monsters, new challenges and exciting new storylines. Yu-Gi-Oh! GX currently streams online at 4Kidstv.com, the official 4Kids website.

III: Current Non-TV 4Kids Properties

[​IMG]

The American Kennel Club, or AKC, is the nation's leading authority on dog care, health and happiness. 4Sight Licensing Solutions has had great success building brand awareness for the AKC, whose products for dogs and humans are currently available at 4,700 locations.

[​IMG]

The Cabbage Patch Kids - the brand that started as a craze - has evolved into an evergreen property based on traditional nurturing values. Today, with the 25th Anniversary of the brand just around the corner, the magical world of Cabbage Patch Kids is sprouting once again.

[​IMG]

Founded in 1906, the Cat Fanciers' Association is the leading non-profit organization and authority for authenticity and credibility in feline preservation. CFA is also the world's largest pedigree cat society is to protect the well-being of cats and promote responsible cat ownership.

[​IMG]
    Jim Henson began as a graphic artist and continued to draw and doodle throughout his career as one of the world's most beloved entertainers in festival and film. Now for the first time, Henson's magical collection of art is transformed into a refreshing collection of lifestyle products. A new daily TV series starts November on PBS Sprout, featuring cuddly, plush puppets to help toddlers sleep at bedtime.

[​IMG]

Based on the hugely popular character pens known as the Kooky Klickers, The Kookys are a unique and fun range of personalities that have redefined “pen pals” for the 21st Century, captivating fans of all ages in the Kooky craze. Already established as a lifestyle brand and building upon the successful Plush range, 4Kids Entertainment will expand The Kookys brand into multiple categories to facilitate the growth of this lifestyle brand.

[​IMG]

Monster Jam events are rip-roarin' live stadium and arena events that blow the roof off traditional sports. Monster Jam has a family-oriented fan base of over 3.2 million and airs twice a week during primetime on Speed Channel.

[​IMG]

At the forefront of international air power for over 80 years, the Royal Air Force of the United Kingdom has a wealth of history that has shaped it into the modern air force of today. 4Kids Entertainment is proud to bring the RAF to market with a large licensing program designed to appeal to both the enthusiast and a new generation of RAF fans.

[​IMG]

The Dog brings you the cutest puppies photographed using a fish-eye lens to create an adorably enhanced image. The highly successful puppy photography franchise from Japan began as a popular line of calendars and postcards. The Dog is the #1 puppy franchise and continues to grow around the world!

#4 D Dubbs, Nov 24, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2008
  5. Silverstar

Silverstar Rock the Dragon

Will & Dewitt is still around? Why?? In all seriousness, does anybody truly watch that show? Or does 4Kids just keep it around to fulfill their E/I quotient?

6. J!!!

J!!! You're such a little kid~

Probably the latter of the two

7. DonkeyKongSong

DonkeyKongSong Active Member

There is a rumor that it may get replaced by Winx Club in January or September 2009.

8. Cassie Star

Cassie Star I have no gender.

I've seen a few episodes... and to be honest, I think it's cute.

9. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Active Member

TMNT might as well be removed from the list as well, after early 2009 the show could be done with.

Its kinda sad that TMNT is their only property still around that was airing since 2003 back on the FoxBox, and it'll probably be the next to go. What a shame.

10. creativerealms

creativerealms Active Member

Not until there is an offical annoucement. One by someone who works on the show and not just a well informed fan, please hold off on the perdictions of doom. I know that fan's hunches have been right in the past but all we know is no eighth season has been annouced yet. However we know very little of 4kids fall 09 programing. So lets please hold off until we get solid proof and not hearsay.

11. Ricia

Ricia Gender confused evil

I'm glad at least CW will be keeping cartoons, at least for awhile. It's getting to the point where all I'll have left is PBSKids, and darn it nobody wants to talk about Word Girl and Curious George.

12. D Dubbs

D Dubbs Wish Upon A Star

[​IMG]

This image on 4Kids' YouTube page has me thinking...these shows could all be a part of the CW4Kids lineup in January.

7:00 AM - GoGoRiki (E/I)
    7:30 AM - Winx Club (E/I)
    8:00 AM - Kirby: Right Back at Ya!
    8:30 AM - Sonic X
    9:00 AM - Huntik: Secrets and Seekers
    9:30 AM - Kamen Rider: Dragon Knight
    10:00 AM - TMNT: Back to the Sewer
    10:30 AM - Dinosaur King
    11:00 AM - Chaotic: M'arrillian Invasion
    11:30 AM - Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's

You have your mandatory E/I spots filled, plus you have Kirby, Sonic X and Winx Club to catch the attention of former 4Kids TV viewers. Of course, those would eventually be replaced to make room for the new series coming down the pipe (or in Winx Club's case, season four would air).

13. Sonic_Eclipse

Sonic_Eclipse Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!

Sonic X and Winx Club will most likely join the CW4Kids at some point. I say these two because Sonic X still does well in the ratings despite it being reruns, and Winx Club has a new season in production.

And the new Chatioc season is CW bound too.

14. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Active Member

4kids barely has any room for all these shows, maybe having only 1 block wasn't such a good idea.

Something has to give.

15. Sketch

Sketch not like those other old guys

They can manage it all with 5 hours and endless hours of space online and possibly on other channels.

All this really means is less reruns which has it's ups and downs.

16. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Active Member

But the problem is 4kids is bound to aquire more new shows in the future, not giving them enough room on their block to show everything.

As a result, some shows are going to be on the "chopping block," and its probably going to be the ones that take the most money to produce and provide the least amount of revenue.

I think we all know which one that is. What a shame.

17. D Dubbs

D Dubbs Wish Upon A Star

Let's wait and see what happens first. We barely know any of 4Kids' plans for Fall 2009. In fact, 4Kids probably doesn't know what their plans for Fall 2009 are yet. They have to see how all the shows perform in early 2009 before any firm decisions are made.

Anyway...Cabbage Patch Kids celebrates its 25th Anniversary this Friday.

Heh...it'd be interesting to see those presidential Cabbage Patch Kids dolls. Can't believe they went for approximately $10,000 each. :sweat:

EDIT: Found a picture...

[​IMG]

18. PC!

PC! lolwut?

That Sarah Palin Cabbage Patch doll is...strangely adorable. ^_^ The others look nothing like who they're supposed to be.

19. Poweranimals

Poweranimals Invincible

20. Spideyzilla

Spideyzilla Well-Known Member

Looks good!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.