1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

4Kids Talkback: A New Dawn Begins - The 4Kids Discussion V3

Discussion in 'Saturday Morning Forever!' started by Space Cadet, Jun 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D Dubbs

D Dubbs Wish Upon A Star

Pardon the double post, but I've just noticed that 4Kids has set up a new YouTube page.

Lately, 4Kids has been taking down 4Kids-related videos from YouTube. At first I was surprised that they'd do that, since they're basically getting free adverting from other users. But now this approach makes sense. Kids search for the shows on YouTube, watch a few clips, and then links on the page and videos lead them to the official 4Kids player, where 4Kids actually gets money for streaming the show. Pretty good idea to cut down on illegal YouTube pirating.

The page also features the first time that 4Kids acknowledges Huntik and Kamen Rider aside from the confrence calls (they never sent out an offical press release, we found out through other sources). Hopefully they'll put up some sneak peaks of those shows soon.

#941 D Dubbs, Nov 20, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2008
  2. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Active Member

4kids still has the rights to Fighting Foodons and Funky cops? They're listed on the side there.

3. bigddan11

bigddan11 Justice must be served!

Yes, they have the rights to both of them, and all of the dubbed episodes are available for viewing at 4kids.com.

Actually, 1 thing is confirmed for the fall. 4Kids announced that they had acquired all of Dinosaur King, both series, and that the final episodes will air next season, after 26 air this season.

4. DonkeyKongSong

DonkeyKongSong Active Member

Sorry about that, I got it from epguides.com and tv.com

5. D Dubbs

D Dubbs Wish Upon A Star

Don't worry about it. :)

Top 5 Shows:

1. Sonic X (9:30)
    2, 3, 4 & 5. Chaotic M'arillion Invasion, That's So Raven (10:30), Hannah Montana, Suite Life of Zack & Cody [4-way tie]

Also, Dinosaur King gets toys in Europe.

6. Spideyzilla

Spideyzilla Well-Known Member

TMNT is doing quite well.

7. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Active Member

Too bad they're burning through the entire season by December, leaving nothing but reruns aside from a DTV for January-August.

Its like 4kids is purposely going out of their way to kill the show. Its kinda sad how 4kids uses their properties, they exploit you for money and then kick you into the curb when they're done. Almost reminds me of when PUSA took the Pokemon license away from 4kids, its almost like role reversal now.

8. Silverstar

Silverstar Rock the Dragon

There's still no official confirmation that TMNT is on its' way out; until we hear some official announcement of such, this is all speculation and paranoia on your part.

9. veemonjosh

veemonjosh Get back, Jojo

Either give solid proof that the cancellation rumor is true or please stop talking about it.

10. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Active Member

Scroll down to the entry "TMNT: The end" and read the comments as well.

http://vaughnmichael.blogspot.com/

11. veemonjosh

...That blog is run by the guy who started this rumor in the first place.

THAT doesn't count as solid proof.

12. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Active Member

13. Burgundy Ranger

Burgundy Ranger Disney XD/Vortexx schedule guy

We just got 4Kids' December schedule info. Here's the Cliff's Notes version of what's happening:

Fox
    Dec. 6 -- last new episodes of Di-Gata and M'arrillian

Biker Mice stays new all the way through Dec. 27

CW

Dec. 13 -- KRDK premieres at 9:30 am ET. Here's the premiere ep description:

Turning eighteen should be cool, but not for Kit Taylor. His dad has been missing for a year, he's being kicked out of his foster home, and he keeps getting busted for things he didn't do. Then life gets truly strange.

14. D Dubbs

D Dubbs Wish Upon A Star

So, aside from Kamen Rider: Dragon Knight on the 13th, the CW4Kids schedule is pretty much the same?

15. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Isn't that still only a blog and not anything official from 4Kids or anyone else involved with TMNT? Isn't the email provided in that blog the same as in the other link you gave in your last post? Isn't it true that all of the emails other people have sent to 4Kids regarding this rumor haven't heard anything about TMNT ending? Isn't it true that people, other than me, have asked you to stop bringing up this rumor until we've heard something more official than a blog?

I'm sorry, but this is getting on my nerves. You seem to be the only one putting so much faith in these sources that were, ironically enough, where the rumor first started. 4Kids has yet to give any solid proof about the future of TMNT. Considering how its only fall 2008, I doubt that they have a solid schedule for fall 2009 yet. I know how much you like TMNT, and I enjoy it too, but everytime you bring this up, you're only supporting a unconfirmed rumor. I fully realize that TMNT could be cancelled. I don't think I ever fully denied in that being a possibility, but I would much rather believe in an actual statement from the people in charge of TMNT, ie 4Kids, Playmates, etc., than a blog entry. Especially when that where the rumor started in the first place and they don't give out their sources. All I'm trying to say is that we need solid proof, preferably not something from a blog, before being one-hundred percent sure that TMNT is cancelled. I feel like we've been going around in circles with this rumor for weeks now. So until we hear something from 4Kids, I friendly suggest that we don't bring up this rumor again. Just like people agreed to a few posts ago.

16. Rolling Cloud

Rolling Cloud ...too early....

Sounds pretty generic. But, I'm sure that the actual show will make up for it.

17. Burgundy Ranger

Burgundy Ranger Disney XD/Vortexx schedule guy

I'm pretty sure, I posted the quickie version because I'm at work. Will comb through it all more closely on Saturday.

18. veemonjosh

And that's the blog of the second person who's spreading the rumor with the other guy.

As I said, please either show solid proof or don't bring it up until there is some.

19. creativerealms

creativerealms Active Member

Not to mention that second blog talks about the turtles as a whole dying and not blaming 4kids like Cubed is trying to do. Besides we know Turtles has not been doing well for a while. The new comic never sold as well as they hoped, the new toon never got the rating any side wanted, even the toy line never met expectations. It sucks that next it's 25th year might be the end for the Turtles but I don't how 4kids is to blame for it if it happens. They backed up Turtles longer then most companies would. Thats for sure.

Anyways I'm not even going to respond to Cubed's Turtles comments anymore.

20. veemonjosh

Agreed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.