1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

4Kids Talkback: A New Dawn Begins - The 4Kids Discussion V3

Discussion in 'Saturday Morning Forever!' started by Space Cadet, Jun 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Space Cadet

Space Cadet I'M SWEATING
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, I figured the last thread had enough posts and since a new dawn of 4KidsTV is starting, why not start a new thread for it.

Here's the link to the previous thread.

2. Undrave

Undrave Forever Burning Heart!

Well to continue on what we were discussing...it seems painfully obvious that 4Kids has no faith at all in the 4KidsTV block anymore and want to fill it with old shows while they concentrate on their shiny new toy.

3. Rahxepy

Rahxepy Active Member

I don't think you should call it the madness continues..It should be called a New Dawn begins..

4. D Dubbs

D Dubbs Wish Upon A Star

I approve.

I'm making a list of 4Kids' current properties, so I'll post that up in a bit.

5. Space Cadet

Space Cadet I'M SWEATING
    Staff Member Moderator

That's sounds cool. I'll change the title.

6. Rahxepy

Rahxepy Active Member

I was thinking that as well..But They're probably thinking why should they supply new shows to a block that is ending in a years time..BUt at the same time it isn't fare for kids who are watching to just have two shows running new episodes(Viva & Dino) while the others are in rerun. I think they should at least have 3 new series on the line up. But 4KIdsTV looks Blah though while CW4Kids looks Banging.

7. Pomegranate

Pomegranate Active Member

To quote what Bigddan11 said to me in the previous thread right before it was closed, I'm glad 4Kids is just airing 18 different shows, including the ones they still hold the rights to from a few years past, rather than licensing 18 brand-new shows. Frankly, I'd rather they create more genuinely original concepts of their own rather than license more intellectual properties from 3rd parties.

8. bigddan11

bigddan11 Justice must be served!

I think that 4Kids will expedite this Kooky Klicks series they announced they are making today and try to have it for 4KidsTV this fall. If so, then only 5 spots will be left for FOX and 2 for CW. I xepect the number for CW to actually be 0 if Magi-Nation and Skunk Fu! are renewed, like most of us think they will be. I also agree that CW will have all the powerhouses, and I expect the line-up to be like this for Fall:
    7 AM- Smeshariki
    7:30- Magi-Nation
    8 AM- Skunk Fu!
    8:30- Chaotic
    9 AM- Hutik: Seekers & Signs
    9:30- Kamen Rider Dragon Knight
    10 AM- Spectacular Spider-Man
    10:30- TMNT: Back to the Sewers
    11 AM- Yu-Gi-Oh! GX
    11:30- Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's

I choose this because they have aired Chaotic at 8:30 before, and I don't see them changing GX when it has been airing at 11 AM since January.

As far as 4KidsTV goes, I don't think they are abandoning the block since Viva Pinata, Dinosaur King, and probably Kooky Klicks will all be debuting there. I think this merely shows they beileve thaqt CW's ratings, which have always been higher than FOX's, will continue to be so. I'm just surprised they aren't moving Dinosaur King over since it was #2 in terms of ratings behind TMNT.

9. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Active Member

Funny how 4kids has gone from being hated to being well... "tolerated" I think is the word, but at least they're making some decent work for themselves.

10. Cassie Star

Cassie Star I have no gender.

What's sad about this is that (just IMO), the 4KidsTV lineup is the best it's been in quite a while, what with Kirby and Sonic X back, plus new Dino King and Viva Pinata episodes.

11. Yash

Yash dr. yashouzeke "loser" asakura

Oh, guess what?

If I recall, 4Kids' license for Shaman King will expire by the end of July.

12. D Dubbs

D Dubbs Wish Upon A Star

I don't think its a series, actually. They'll just manage the marketing for the pens.

I wonder if anyone will try and do a redub...

13. Pomegranate

I believe TZ is the only online community where you'll probably see lots of 4Kids praise. People from other online communities still bash the company, I think!:sweat:

14. macattack

macattack I see you!
    Staff Member Reporter

It depends on what will happen. 4kids will almost certainly drop the license, but I have doubts anyone else will pick it up. FUNimation might have interest considering they distributed uncut DVDs for it, but other than that, I don't think even Viz has interest in Shaman King anymore.

I'm currently staring at the fall lineup for the CW4kids. Holy moley. :eek: It's obvious at this point 4kidsTV is getting the shaft while they're frontloading on the CW4kids. Fox probably isn't too happy about that . . . I hope that Fox formally gets back into the SatAM business soon.

15. Undrave

Yeah, the thing is we've been following the company a LOT closer than other company...at first only to see it fall... but now we realize some of its good points (and we are also fully aware that Dinosaur King is arguably their best dub ever and shows promise for future properties), mainly that it is independant from the big media empires that rule TV land (AOL Time Warner, Buena Vista and the others)

16. garfield15

garfield15 Member of the 10,000 post club

I personally think it's because they've stopped shelling out all the anime and the anime they currently do shell out is decent (a.k.a Dinosaur King). Even if their old stuff is same old same old editing(you don't die, you are sent to the stars now Oooooohhhh). Outside of the up-coming Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's there isn't a lot they've announced. Instead they are concentrating on their own shows and new cash cow...I mean channel, which is a good move in my opinion.

If they just released (or more like kept consistent with) uncut DVD's, I'd think they were a respectable company

17. Undrave

Well it does look like the sparkle fly off into the stars :p

It just get silly to keep hearing people saying 'sent to the star!' why can't they just say 'gone' after a while and cut down on the words is beyond me...

18. Cassie Star

Cassie Star I have no gender.

4Kids has a decent amount of fans on TV.com and even a few fans on a couple prominent Pokemon forums, so...

19. Pomegranate

Yes, they're indeed independent from the big media conglomerates, but they aren't any Pixar in terms of customer service or the quality of the products they churn out.

It could also be the fact that some people think the world revolves strictly around anime/manga and they only care for anime/manga that's geared towards them.:shrug:

And if they just changed their name back to Leisure Concepts and craft more genuinely original concepts, then yeah, I think they would've been a more respectable company!

20. Undrave

You gotta give 4Kids some credit for picking up a show from Russia! Not a lot of company bother even looking in that direction.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.