1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

4Kids Talkback: A Look Ahead - The 4Kids Discussion V8

Discussion in 'Saturday Morning Forever!' started by D Dubbs, Feb 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4Kids4EverFandom

4Kids4EverFandom Active Member

WHOA!!!!! I can`t believe that the ratings are that low on the cw4kids, espically for 5d`s! I mean pretty soon they are going to show new episodes such as "whale of a ride part 3" to "signs of doom" finale. i hope the ratings go up a notch pretty soon, because when TOONZAI comes to the block 4kids will need more money with ratings in order to stay in business.

2. Manga4life

Manga4life DYNAMITE's PULP FIESTA BLOG!!!

Abysmal week for ratings across the board, but 4Kids really must be worried with their highest rating being only a 0.8, that isn't going to "get the job done" if you know what I mean. I'm really hoping that the company can rebound with the new anime block they plan to premier later this year, hopefully DBZkai and whatever other new properties they obtain can help get them up around the 2.0 mark, they are going to need a huge boost here.

"Help me Obi-Wan-Kenobi, you're my only hope!" :sad:

3. Golfkid

Golfkid Active Member

I think those ratings are low, due to Summer vacation.

If you think Toonzai's going to get 2.0's, I'm not confident that will happen. If kids aren't watching the block in the past and now, why would they in the Fall? (I could be wrong, but I don't see it happening :()

4. Manga4life

I don't think Toonzai will yank in a 2.0, I'm hoping that is will pull in a 2.0. The bottom line here is that if 4Kids can't come up with a homerun this fall/winter season then I fear that real (non-cable) Saturday morning cartoons will be dead for good, sure there is that Cookie Jar and Qubo stuff, but it isn't the same if you know what I mean. Let's hope for the best, heck, maybe even a 1.5 would be a reasonable goal to shoot for but I don't know what kind of numbers investors and sponsors are looking for to make Toonzai a success.

5. Golfkid

Golfkid Active Member

Oh, I didn't know that. Sorry. :(

I agree with you about the cartoons being dead. The blocks on, right now, just aren't the same. :(

6. D Dubbs

D Dubbs Wish Upon A Star

The CW4Kids: June 26, 2010:
    07:00 AM Magical DoReMi - Trouble in Store (#10) The CW Network Premiere
    07:30 AM Winx Club - Little Big Shots (#72) The CW Network Premiere
    08:00 AM Dinosaur King - The 39 Thieves (#67)
    08:30 AM Skunk Fu! - The Art of Darkness; The Art of Dream Control (#6)
    09:00 AM TMNT: Fast Forward - Head of State (#139)
    09:30 AM TMNT: Fast Forward - DNA is Thicker Than Water (#140)
    10:00 AM Sonic X - Prize Fights (#45)
    10:30 AM Chaotic: Secrets of the Lost City - Loser's Circle (#74)
    11:00 AM Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's - Mark of the Monkey, Part 4 (#50) The CW Network Premiere
    11:30 AM Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's - A Whale of a Ride, Part 1 (#51) The CW Network Premiere

Notes:

• Network premieres of Magical DoReMi, Winx Club, and Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's (x2) continue
    Also 4Kids apparently has a Twitter (and has had it for 3 months or so now).

7. Anime-Ash

Anime-Ash Member

According to CN's schedule, this is the final week of Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's on Cartoon Network.

8. Manga4life

Awe, that really makes me sad. I always love watching this show in the morning on Cartoon Network while I get ready for work or before I leave the house to run my errands, I'll miss the time I have spent with Yu-gi-Oh 5D's. They really need to figure out something for a U.S home release of this series, I don't think I have ever seen it available on DVD while browsing the anime department at my local Best Buy or any other store now that I think about it.

9. Golfkid

Golfkid Active Member

It makes sense that CN would take it off, I mean, how many times has the Season/s been rerun with the weekday airings?

Do you think this means CN won't air anymore of 5D's? If they do, it's a shame, because the ratings were better on it and it helped the card sales. :(

10. Manga4life

Yeah, I remember reading a report online about how 5D's airing on Cartoon Network helped to spike the Yu-Gi-Oh card game for a short period, but after a while it was bound to taper off and sales would go back to it's normal trend. I guess 5D's has outlived it's weekday status in many peoples eyes, I personally have seen the same episodes multiple times but I don't mind since I enjoy the show, hopefully they will at least keep it on Saturday mornings or once a week on a Sunday or something, I really don't see the need to remove it permanently.

11. DonkeyKongSong

DonkeyKongSong Active Member

With the original Yu-Gi-Oh! returning to the CW in August, there's a chance CN could get 5D's back then.

12. mumbo

mumbo Look skyward

Wouldn't surprise me if CN dumped 5D's. They haven't ordered anything past their initial 52-episode order, have they?

If CN has let 5D's go, then 5D's will be part of the Toonzai schedule, no doubt about it. 4Kids won't let 5D's disappear from TV altogether. The only reason they took it off The CW was because of the CN deal. Poor ratings or not, Yu-Gi-Oh! is one of the only things keeping them alive. We know they're dubbing the next season so they'll air it somewhere, whether it's on CN or Toonzai.

13. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, I heard about that on the Cartoon Network forum. That is a shame since I enjoyed seeing 5D's during the weekdays, instead of just a weekly airing on the CW4Kids. Though, I guess that since they recently took off Chaotic, it shouldn't be a huge surprise that the shame thing is happening with 5D's.

I agree that they need a DVD release for this series. They have not released any DVD's for 5D's as of now. They might be having issues with doing so since I recall 4Kids starting GX DVD releases shortly after the first season had aired.

What bothers me more is that they went back to episode one on their On Demand section after getting to episode 52 again. I was hoping that they could put up the rest of the Dark Signer arc there before the CW4Kids airings caught up. Now that I think about it, it might have been because they consider episodes 53 and onward part of season two and since they don't have all of season two dubbed, they didn't want to start uploading it to their On Demand section. It's still is a disappointment for me though.

I'm not sure how many times they've aired the first arc and part of the second arc on their weekday airings. I'm pretty sure they've started from the beginning two or three times by this point. They have been airing 5D's since sometime last summer, I believe. I think that it is possible for Cartoon Network to air more 5D's episodes in the future. Perhaps 4Kids will be able to set up a new contract with Cartoon Network, although I'm not sure how likely that is due to 4Kids' financial situation. Still, if they do want more exposure for 5D's and is in the position to work with Cartoon Network about airing more episodes, then I'm sure it's a possibility. I don't think that they'll have 5D's not airing on television for too long considering they need it to promote the most recent card packs.

14. D Dubbs

D Dubbs Wish Upon A Star

Zap2It has the schedule for the first two weeks of July...everything stays the same except Back to the Sewer replaces Fast Forward after it finishes its run. If double airings continue, Back to the Sewer will air its final two episodes on August 21st. Then Turtles Forever will likely air on the 28th, the last day 4Kids can air anything Ninja Turtles.

15. jerrymouse16

jerrymouse16 Sonic and Amy Forever!!!

What about a re-airing of "Mayhem From Mutant Island"? Oh, and from what i read, They're apparently skipping a re-airing of episode 46 of Sonic X, and This Saturday they will Re-Run Episode 47 on that day rather than Next saturday the 10th.

#975 jerrymouse16, Jun 30, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2010
  16. spidey4545

spidey4545 Fox Kids Historian
    Reporter

That is correct: "Map of Mayhem" (147) will air this coming Saturday.

There's lots of changes to the CW4Kids schedule in the coming weeks:

The lineups for July 3 and 10 are the same as before:
    - 07:00 - Magical DoReMi
    - 07:30 - Winx Club
    - 08:00 - Dinosaur King
    - 08:30 - Skunk Fu!
    - 09:00 - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Fast Forward
    - 09:30 - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Fast Forward (TMNT: BTTS on 7/10)
    - 10:00 - Sonic
    - 10:30 - Chaotic: Secrets of the Lost City
    - 11:00 - Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's
    - 11:30 - Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's

Then on July 17, Skunk Fu! and Chaotic: Secrets of the Lost City are removed from the lineup:

- 07:00 - Magical DoReMi
    - 07:30 - Winx Club
    - 08:00 - Sonic X
    - 08:30 - Sonic X
    - 09:00 - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Back to the Sewer
    - 09:30 - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Back to the Sewer
    - 10:00 - Sonic X
    - 10:30 - Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's
    - 11:30 - Dinosaur King

Next, both Magical DoReMi and Winx Club get the axe as the E/I lineup becomes double airings of Cubix: Robots For Everyone:

- 07:00 - Cubix: Robots For Everyone
    - 07:30 - Cubix: Robots For Everyone
    - 08:00 - Sonic X
    - 08:30 - Sonic X
    - 09:00 - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Back to the Sewer
    - 09:30 - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Back to the Sewer
    - 10:00 - Sonic X
    - 10:30 - Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's
    - 11:30 - Dinosaur King

The lineup on July 31 is the same as that on July 24.

17. ThisGuyTony

ThisGuyTony Member

Wow!
    I didn't expect "Magical DoReMi" and "Winx Club" to be removed from the schedule!! :eek:

18. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I wasn't expecting Magical DoReMi to get removed since I didn't think that they were finished with what they've dubbed of the series. I sadly was expecting Winx Club to go since they were labeling it as a series finale, so they're most likely not going to get the new seasons. That's too bad since I like most of the voices in the 4Kids cast for this show.

19. PC!

PC! lolwut?

Surprised they're bringing Cubix back again. I guess it makes decent summer filler until Toonzai begins.

20. D Dubbs

D Dubbs Wish Upon A Star

Triple airings of Sonic X...that's a first.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.