[3DS] Pokemon X & Pokemon Y Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Jave, Jan 8, 2013.

?

Best Starter?

1. Chespin

20.0%
  2. Fennekin

37.1%
  3. Froakie

42.9%
  1. Jave

Jave Beware of the SPLAT

Pokemon Gen VI has just been announced! Released WORLDWIDE on October 2013 exclusively on the Nintendo 3DS! A new world, new trainers, and of course, new Pokemon!

[​IMG]

Watch the full announcement here:

[video=youtube;VzO6J981nAw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzO6J981nAw[/video]

And the new starters!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Claiming Froakie and Y Version! Why? Because Y!

2. RockmanDash

RockmanDash Retired

Goodbye colors! Hello..X..and..Y?

Hm, I would pick...Chespin! Really cool designs coming out of all three of them though. : )

3. MetroSparkster

MetroSparkster ...has nothing to say.

Fennekin is awesome. Reminds me so much of Vulpix.
    As long as it doesn't evolve into another Fire/Fighting hybrid, it'll be perfect!

4. FFmax

FFmax Pangoro's Bizarre Adventure

6th gen? So soon? My god they really aren't wasting time anymore are they? This is amazing.

5. MetroSparkster

MetroSparkster ...has nothing to say.

That was my first thought.
    Anyway, I was wondering why GF is using letters now, then I saw the Japanese logos:
    [​IMG]

6. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator

I now look forward to Pokemon Z, wherein you must raise your Pikachu to level 99 before Team Rocket comes back to challenge you in one year!

But seriously, good stuff. That should be a good place for me to try this stuff out.

7. Gold Guy

Gold Guy This ain't Pokemon!

Ooh, nice animation. Pokemon is entering 3D at last.

8. Doguineta

Doguineta Active Member

My god, that trailer... was amazing. I'm so hyped right now! A 3D world, actual 3D battles, the fire starter was godh-dang cute... I can't wait for October, this will be so amazing.

9. Sarada

Sarada Active Member

What a way to wake up in the morning. Dang, this is going to be nuts. Goodbye Isshu, hello...new world!

10. FireStarterLE

FireStarterLE You don't want to see us mad

I guess I should have known that Pokemon would be the one to force me to finally give in and buy a 3DS .... but I didn't think it would be so soon

11. k.s.

k.s. New Member

Really cool news to wake up to. I never expected full-blown gen 6 this early, considering black 2 and white 2 have only been out in north america for a few months now. 3D gameplay looks amazing, I'm very excited to see how the gameplay is going to evolve. The starters look pretty cool, I liked them from the start unlike gen 5 where I needed to warm up to them after a bit. Although they do seem a little unoriginal (fire fox, water frog, and a grass type that bears a striking resemblance to oshawott), they still seem distinct enough that I'm interested. The legendaries look awesome too, even if the X legendary looks like the love child of dialga and cobalion.

More than anything, I'm just really excited because this gen looks like it could be a breath of fresh air. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love gen 5, I'd seriously argue it's the best gen of all (or at least a close 2nd to gen 2, that'll probably always be my favorite). But gen 4 and 5 created a bit of a type imbalance (dragon and steel were overpowered compared to other types), and the cover legendaries were all so focused on the dragon type that the legendaries started to get a little bland for my taste. The X and Y legendaries don't seem like they're dragon types, so I welcome the variety. And based on the trailer, I'm hopeful that the new 3D gameplay is going to introduce some new gameplay mechanics and some much-needed variety into the franchise.

But I swear, more than anything else, if fennekin evolves into a fire/fighting type...

EDIT: one more thing, can we finally get a dark type gym now? Thought I saw what could be bug- and fire-type gyms, so I'm hoping dark can finally have it's day in the sun.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2013
  12. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator

This is such awesome news. I loved watching that announcement early this morning and it was totally worth the little sleep I got. The graphics look terrific, especially for the Pokemon and the battles. The starters are great. I especially like Chespin and Fennekin since they're both cute. I'm not into Froakie right now, but he might grow on me after awhile. The trainers look better than I thought and the scenery itself looked good too. I was surprised with going for X and Y for titles, but my jaw dropped when they announced that they would release the games worldwide in October. That blew my mind completely. Nintendo can just take my money now. I'm so eager to hear more news about these games in the coming months.

13. Dudley

Dudley Moderator

Well color me nine different shades of impressed!

I thought it was odd to have Gen VI come out this soon, but for the first time there's a 3D world with no more sprites? Even in the Pokemon battles? That's awesome!
    And for the first time, the game's being released worldwide in the same month! With the Pokemon starters all revealed for the first time, both their English and Japanese! Way to break tradition by not introducing a Gen IV character in the show or in the movies first!

14. El-Hazard

El-Hazard I like birds

The only starter that doesn't really do it for me is that Grass type. I do like the firefox and the frog, which I think I may make my starter.
    I think it'll be the first time ever I start a Pokémon game with a Water starter.
    Also, if the gameplay goes full-3D like I think it's going to, that would be incredible!

Can't wait to see more of the new Pokémon.

15. ShadowGUN

ShadowGUN YES!YES!YES!

Pokemon X and Y? I guess this make this title the manliest Pokemon game ever :D. And finally, FINALLY they jump into 3D. About time I say.

16. GingaDaiuchuu

GingaDaiuchuu Active Member

New Pokemon games. 3DS. Main series pair. New generation. Worldwide simultaneous release this year.

THIS IS EVERYTHING I COULD HAVE EVER ASKED FOR.

I am so happy with this news...

17. PunkPhantom

PunkPhantom Addicted to Toons & Tunes

Holy crap! This came out of nowhere!! I saw it on Tumblr first and thought it was fake! Now I'm considering the possibility that I'm actually dreaming...:sweat:

But anyways, I can't watch the trailer because it's blocked at school, but the starters look awesome!! 6th Gen, it actually is happening, my lucky number :D

I'm so excited now, what a great year this is so far.:p

The legendaries also look cool! I guess this will be boosting 3DS sales quite a bit.;)

This also means that there wil be a 666th Pokemon...:evil:

Oh and another thing that's cool about this, is how they are going to release it at the same time worldwide, that's awesome!!!

18. EnigmaticWarrior

EnigmaticWarrior Imouto

Time to start saving up for a 3DS now! :D Here's hoping there's a 3DS bundle. :p

The wait for October 2013 is gonna be murder. :sweat:

19. Neo Yi

Neo Yi In a Dream, I Can See, You Are Not Far Away...

Oh man, I am all over that Fire Fox Pokemon. Definitely going to be my starter!

20. Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper Active Member

I was very surprised that they gave us this much info right off of the bat. I was expecting something like a silhouette of one of the new Pokemon. I wasn't expecting to get the starters and the box legendaries this soon.

EDIT: I think that I will take the Fire-type on X and the Grass-type on Y. I guess the Water will have to wait until Z.