[3DS] Pokemon: Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire (Pre-Release/Discussions)

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by River26, May 7, 2014.

1. River26

River26 Active Member

This' the next in the long running Pokemon series.

[video=youtube;ywGSON9tNq0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywGSON9tNq0[/video]

Mod edit: Video changed to official channel. Please use official channels in future posts.

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2014
  2. Terror of Death

Terror of Death New Member

Gen 3 was my least favorite but this is still a day one purchase. Hopefully they'll release a Nintendo Direct soon with actual footage.

3. Sarada

Sarada Reporter

Well, two years late, but nevertheless neat to see. I wonder if Nintendo is trying to hold off until the 3DS successor for Generation VII? They might as well if they're going to hold off for Fall 2015 for another game. Then again, maybe Fall 2015 will be a console game?

4. Daxdiv

Daxdiv Yo-Kai Son!

HOENN CONFIRMED! I never thought I would see the day I would say that seriously and not as a joke. Well, at least it looks like Nintendo is sticking to the whole world-wide release dates for the Pokémon games. Hopefully that does mean we get new Megas, since trademarks for a Mega Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Plusle, Minum, Swampert and Sceptile were around since 2013.

5. TnAdct1

TnAdct1 Silence, you dumb wench!!!

More than likely we'll see footage of this during the Nintendo Digital Event at E3 next month.

6. Daxdiv

Daxdiv Yo-Kai Son!

If anything, for Fall 2015, I can see them making the sequel/3rd version of XY, since right now in the games' code there are two unused moves that are Ground type with signs pointing towards them being exclusive moves to Zygarde, since other than Diggersby, It is the only other Ground Type this generation, kind of like how data in Black and White hinted at Kyurem getting a bigger role in the next games.

7. Nel_Annette

Nel_Annette Go green!

It's surreal that Pokemon I caught 11 years ago can finally return home to Hoenn. While I loathe Hoenn's large amount of water routes, I still think the main island is the best region in the series.

8. Sketch

Sketch not like those other old guys

So the remake train keeps on chug'n ensuring we'll always be able to catch 'em all.

9. defunctzombie

defunctzombie Cutie Pie

For real? I don't trust random youtube videos.

Edit: [MENTION=21702]River26[/MENTION] I renamed the thread. But in the future, please put a space between the system name and the game title. Otherwise it makes the thread title look odd on mobile.

10. GingaDaiuchuu

GingaDaiuchuu Active Member

Thread title should probably have the actual name of the franchise in it as well.

So yeah, obvious that this would happen but there was no real telling when. I could've seen a third version or sequels to X and Y come out before this, and while I'm excited for whatever that will bring, the lack of a new system for Gen V means we've been waiting quite a while for these inevitable remakes, so I'm glad to have them. And as much as I loved everything about X and Y, they definitely got me thinking how much I'd love to play the other games on that engine. And along with obviously staying with worldwide releases now that the precedent has been established, we have to wait far less after the announcement for the release compared to X and Y. Of course that's always the case with remakes compared to generation main pairs, but having that short wait combined with actually getting it as soon as Japan means the quickest turnaround time ever. I'm so happy with the state of this franchise today.

I think I predicted an April 2014 announcement for an August 2014 release (with release now being worldwide, of course) back during TPP, so I wasn't too far off. It's hard to believe the time between these remakes and their originals is almost twice of that of the first pair of each (for US release). Along with those other potential Gen VI games I mentioned (probably one or the other), I could honestly see another pair of remakes of Red and Green/Blue, considering it's been almost as long since FireRed and LeafGreen as since Ruby and Sapphire, and with how much they've changed in those years, it would still be worth it at least as much.

11. Daxdiv

Daxdiv Yo-Kai Son!

Let's see, Official Tweet was retweeted by the official Nintendo of America Account, and the video is also available on the official Pokémon YouTube channel as well. While River26 video didn't use that one for some reason, it's on there.

12. Leviathan

Leviathan "It's against nature!"

Well, it's not like Nintendo can just release the originals on the VC. The incompatibility with newer games gets in the way of that.

I didn't really get into G3 either, but if Champion Road sounds nearly as awesome as it did in Brawl, I'm in.

13. defunctzombie

defunctzombie Cutie Pie

Sorry, that was an accident.

I don't do twitter, so I wouldn't have known that. But official videos should always be posted over reuploads.

14. ShadowGUN

ShadowGUN YES!YES!YES!

Should have put this remake on Wii-U. Looking how bad it doing it could have use this games.

15. LDEJRuff

LDEJRuff Game-playing dog lover

You misspelled Minun.

I thought the remakes would be called MagmaRuby and AquaSapphire, but I guess I like this idea better.

16. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator

They wouldn't put remakes of main series games on a console system like the WiiU. They'd want to keep all of the handheld game remakes on current handheld systems. Now remakes of Pokemon Colosseum and XD: Gale of Darkness on the other hand would fit as remakes on the WiiU, even though I'd prefer playing them on the 3DS.

Honestly, I'm pretty surprised by all of this. I knew that the remakes would be coming and it was just a matter of time, but I didn't think that they'd be coming out this year. I didn't think that any new main series games would be coming out this year. I'm perfectly fine by being wrong. While I'm not nearly as excited for these remakes as I was when HG/SS were announced, this is still pretty cool. There are plenty of Pokemon that I'd love to raise again, or try raising for the first time, I'd love to explore Hoenn with 3DS graphics, doing Contests again will be fun and hopefully there's some Mega Pokemon they can include as well. I'm also really hoping that they'll keep features from X/Y like Pokemon Amie and Super Training, or at least Super Training considering how it makes EV training so less tedious. Being able to customize your trainer character would be cool too since I liked that feature a lot more than I thought that I would.

I'm also glad that they're keeping up with the worldwide releases. The box covers look fantastic and I'm so eager to see and learn more about these games.

17. The Talon

The Talon New Member

Whaaaa? Hoenn confirmed?! Nice to see this remake finally happen, I just hope it's a full 3D remake instead of sprites.

18. Rud

Rud Nine Arts Dragon

Swampert had better get a Mega Evolution out of this.... no fair that only Blaziken got one/

19. Sarada

Sarada Reporter

Yeah, that's right. It feels a little weird that the third game might very well come out two years later, rather than just one, though. Eh, whatever. I only just joined Generation V this month! :p

20. Nightwing26

Nightwing26 New Member

Did anyone catch the fact that they used the words "New Adventure" and "New World" on the trailer? What if this isn't a remake, and is actually a sequel? And what if it doesn't even take place in Hoenn?

I mean, if it's really a new adventure, and not just generic words used to promote a new game, then it can't be a remake. Maybe a prequel, a sequel, or even some sort of remix. And then, if it's a new world, could it be referring to another region? Maybe with Hoenn being available to explore following the battle with the Elite Four, you know the whole "Collect 16 Gym Badges!" thing.

And then there's the fact that we have what looks to be Mega Groudon and Mega Kyogre on the covers, and we would most likely also end up with Mega Sceptile, Mega Swampert, Mega Latios and Mega Latias as the other new Megas, maybe with one or two more. This all in addition to other Gen III Mega Evolutions, like Blaziken, Gardevoir, Mawile, Aggron, Medicham, Manectric, Banette, and Absol. Now, wasn't it already established that Mega Evolution has only existed in Kalos? And even if it has spread to other regions, I think it would make more sense for it to at least take place after the original Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald games, as Mega Evolution should be discovered prior to it really spreading around...

Just sharing a different perspective with you guys.
    P.S. Mega Sceptile FTW!