[3DS] "Animal Crossing: New Leaf" Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Runaway, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Runaway

Runaway Web-Head

[video=youtube;HCGEXQ9Pm9c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCGEXQ9Pm9c[/video]

I'm surprised there isn't a thread for this game already. Who else is playing? Just picked it up Sunday and have been playing it pretty much nonstop ever since.

For anyone that wants to link up, my Friend Code is 0216-2247-0298. My town name is Nowhere and my town fruit is an orange.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2013
  2. Nel_Annette

Nel_Annette Go green!

There is so much to do. So much to unlock. So. Much.

But I'm taking it one day at a time. I do enjoy how much more streamlined and convenient the interface is with multiple selecting of fossils to access, stacking of fruits, etc.

3. James Bester

James Bester Screaming for Vengeance

I agree, this game has been very impressive so far. They really expanded what you can unlock and even the interactions you have with the villagers. My only issue is with how you unlock the nintendo set in this game, since you're required to put the 3DS in sleep mode and earn play coins in order to get the fortune cookies to earn the items. It's just tedious, and I never actually walk around with my 3DS. I only play it when I'm relaxing at home. But that's a very minor complaint, of course. Overall, it's been plain awesome!

But anyway, I'd definitely like to play online with you guys if you're up for it. Message me or respond to this thread to let me know. My friend code is 3308-4722-5461. I'm going to have much more free time than usual this week, so hit me up!

4. The Huntsman

The Huntsman Friend of Toon Zone

Surprised this thread didn't get more replies. Anyway, I'm really enjoying this game so far, but man, it starts off too slow. I know I'm only two days in, but why do I have to slowly grind an approval rating up to 100% before I can even begin doing mayor stuff? I've already paid 50,000 bells on my first house upgrade. Yet I'm still not mayor. Hopefully things begin to pick up tomorrow.

5. Daxdiv

Daxdiv Yo-Kai Son!

6. The Huntsman

Well, I got my approval to 100%. But now I have to wait for the application to be processed. Seriously, who thought this was a good idea? Why couldn't it just be instant? The game has always had a problem with people who time travel, and then they do things like this that make people want to time travel...

7. Radiant

Radiant Foreverrrrr!

New Leaf is downright terrible about this kind of thing.

I do think it is an exceptional title to the series otherwise, but the wait for things in the game is wayyyy too long.

8. The Huntsman

I'm just going to start a new town after I set the clock back a week. I'll then play each day for 20-40 minutes to take care of business, and slowly time-travel back to the present. By then, the island will be opened up and I should be mayor. I can then play the game without time traveling anymore.

9. ILDC

ILDC Active Member

10. Daxdiv

Daxdiv Yo-Kai Son!

That's only for the approval rating, which you know... you need to do before you can even set Ordinances and Public Works Projects around your town. So you're pretty much set, unless you want that badge for pulling a various number of weeds.

11. ILDC

ILDC Active Member

Oh, I see. Sorry.

12. The Huntsman

My plan worked. Took longer than I anticipated, but my plan worked. The island is open. I can build stuff. And I got a bunch more money from beetle hunting. I'm not going to time travel anymore. I don't mind a slow game. But I didn't want the bulk of the content to be locked right at the start. This should be better now.

13. Undrave

Undrave Forever Burning Heart!

You guys still play? I only got this game back in January ^^ It's a pretty fun way to pass time for sure, though in the last few days I've been too busy to really play as extensively as I've been doing. I need to take some time in the evening to really rack up the Bells with some tropical beetle hunting. I need to finish to repay my latest loan.

I want to expend my Cheese Room!

14. Daxdiv

Daxdiv Yo-Kai Son!

Eh, I mostly just log in day by day to check up on my villagers, trying to see if Redd is in town or not, then check to see if he has the painting/statue I need to complete my art exhibit at the museum. Still need to get all the bugs and the fish as well. I was a bit of a wimp when it came to getting the Scorpion and Tarantula during the summer, but next summer, I WILL CATCH THEM! I been playing since launch, so I got almost everything. Main Street is decked out with all final upgrades to the shops, have a good number of badges, and I kind of like my house the way it is.

Did log in during Valentines Day and got the Chocolate Cake from Isabelle and some chocolate candies from Lily. Instead of eating the cake, I used it as furniture in my Alpine Kitchen room.

15. Undrave

I mostly play while at work XD but when I'm not I do go try to dig up fossils every day, I only need like...five or six to complete that part of the museum.

I'm still looking for a couple of pieces of furniture, mostly an Exotic Table and Exotic Sidetable/Minitable (if there is one), but I too like my house the way it is, except for the Cheese Room I want to keep working on :p

I'm also hoping for a tenth villager to full up my village... I find a lot of my guys kinda boring. There's four or five of them I'd rather keep but the rest could go and be replaced by someone else and I wouldn't mind. I mean Chrissy is cute but she's got the same dialogues as Bella who I had first so she feels redundant ya know?

16. Daxdiv

Daxdiv Yo-Kai Son!

Well, today was Festivale in New Leaf. Got to say that it was a pretty neat event. My only gripe was collecting every item in the Pavé series, since Pavé decided to give out items in random order, with duplicates thrown in. Took me like 4-5 hours to complete it. At least Jack during Halloween gave you every piece of his set before he gave you duplicates. Pavé, there is a special place in Hell for you.

17. ILDC

ILDC Active Member

I had to check online to see if I competed the set.

18. ILDC

ILDC Active Member

Might as well post my dream address:

5400-3703-8369

19. Daxdiv

Daxdiv Yo-Kai Son!

Easter in New Leaf was pretty fun this time around. Glad to see that unlike Pavé, Zipper gave you all the Egg series items before going into repeats. I found both diving and shooting down balloons the easier income for getting eggs, while fishing was the pain. That and I also ended up getting a huge amount of Grand Prize Tickets today. I mean, holy hell, I was able to get like 6 pictures of Zipper.

20. Undrave

I got a lot of those too, I ended up only keeping two Zipper pics and selling the others. No sense in keeping extras.

I'm thinking of doing a huge overhaul of my house's theme. I've been collecting robot furniture and astro series and stuff and I want to redecorate my house like a space ship!

It's a good thing the museum offers exhibit rooms because I really need the extra storage space o.o