3D Lego movie coming in Feb. 2014

Discussion in 'The toonzone - General Animation Discussion' started by Space Cadet, Apr 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Space Cadet

Space Cadet I'M SWEATING

2. Astrolupine

Astrolupine Man on the wing.

Let's see... should I update a year-old thread or just start a new one? Whichever may be appropriate, feel free to change it, please.
    Anyway, since the announcement there's been casting, a new title and today- a new trailer and poster.
    UPDATE: First Trailer & Poster For Warner Bros.' THE LEGO MOVIE Released

This will sound odd, but I kinda dig the stop-motionesque movements of the characters, appropriate since they're self-aware Lego(s), unlike the TV series and specials. I didn't laugh much, but it looks fun and somehow not like a 90-minute commercial.

Also: Batman, Ninja Turtles, Neeson and Morgan Freeman all in the same film? Who's been browsing my fanfiction?

3. Dudley

Dudley Moderator

The movie looks like it'll be a lot of fun. I love playing with Legos growing up, so I'm definitely looking forward to this!

4. The ShopSoldier

The ShopSoldier Wandering about in both ANGER & DISGRACE

Who Dares To Attmept a Rescue From My Lair?
    As much as I love model making with LEGOs growing up (and still do, even today - because when I'm not busy, I need a decent enough hobby, hence why I still have a ton of them in a supply closet...), even if this movie turns out good, I can't see myself going anywhere near it sadly - just not my cup of tea to see LEGOs in cartoon form. I personally feel this might be pushing it, given these shows unpopularity in most parts, too, so this isn't just me trying to vent or discourage anyone...

5. MDawg

MDawg Nerfariously planning

I loved the trailer and am extremely pelased to see it seems to be strictly animation with no live-action humans to ruin it with their horrible, reactionary acting. If the movie stays this course I could actually imagine seeing it when it hits theaters next year.

Edit: The international trailer is also out now, it's a bit shorter, but more action-heavy.

[video=youtube_share;gKD2vIOA_EM]http://youtu.be/gKD2vIOA_EM[/video]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2013
  6. Mandouga

Mandouga Active Member

Yeah, I just saw both trailers, and I'm pretty sure this is just going to be another "family" movie meant more for the parents that relies more on sarcasm, as well as pop culture references that only they'll get (with some "easily recognizable" ones [like Batman and TMNT] thrown in there for the sake of the rest of the family). Furthermore, I wouldn't be surprised if (spoilers just in case):

Pass.

OTOH, I didn't expect them to use stop-motion animation. I guess they thought CGI would have been too obvious?...

7. Dudley

Dudley Moderator

Actually it is in CGI. it's just animated to look like stop motion.

8. Philmister978

Philmister978 Alvight, you vin

Want to know what else is shocking? It's the exact same studio that worked on the first Happy Feet and the upcoming Walking With Dinosaurs movie.

9. Dudley

Dudley Moderator

Well, being a visual effects movie, they strive to make characters look as realistic as possible. And they achieved this by making them all look like real Lego pieces and how they move as opposed to how they move in shows like Ninjago or Chima.

10. AlgeaX

AlgeaX Oh, hello?

How weird is it that this may be the first time Superman, Wonder Woman and Batman have ever appeared together in a theatrical film?

11. Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper Active Member

I think that I am going to pass. It doesn't look that bad, but I am not into legos at all.

12. Tommypezmaster

Tommypezmaster Active Member

Wreck-It Ralph with past Lego line?, Looks like we got are selves a winner for next year. Dose anyone know how any Lego lines are goinig to be the movie? It looks like DC comics, TMNT and some Lego originals are confirmed in the trailer.

13. Sketch

Sketch not like those other old guys

That thought crossed my mind as well. It's the first DC hero team up on the big screen and the Ninja Turtles (not the least bit associated with DC) are there as well.

So the closest thing to a Justice League movie and the best depiction of Ninja Turtles we're gonna see on the big screen in 2014 and it's a movie about Legos. Pretty funny.

Hopefully it's as entertaining as it looks.

14. Dantheman

Dantheman Active Member

I loved seeing the classic blue spaceman Lego figure in the trailer, since I had that figure in some Lego sets I had as a kid.

15. dth1971

dth1971 Active Member

The Lego Movie? I wish there was a Lego biopic about the founder and creator of Lego set in Denmark!

16. MDawg

New trailer debuts in 2 days, but there's 3 character profiles released in the meantime.

[video=youtube_share;dsnq0_QNeSQ]http://youtu.be/dsnq0_QNeSQ[/video]

Meet Wyldstyle

Meet Emmet

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2013
  17. MDawg

More character profiles. this time we get the caped crusader himself, Batman as well as one more character.

[video=youtube;AKaga3COY24]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKaga3COY24[/video]

Meet Metal Beard

18. Dudley

Dudley Moderator

There is actually.
    [video=youtube;NdDU_BBJW9Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdDU_BBJW9Y[/video]

19. Dudley

Dudley Moderator

Don't mean to double post, but the second trailer is out!

[video=youtube;Yj4GeCk5SBk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj4GeCk5SBk[/video]

20. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi

Looks like Green Ninja from Ninjago is in it in the background

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.