Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 74748495051525354555657
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    In terms of expansions and characters, I think that Brawl is the tightest so far. But honestly, the original gets my vote for the best gameplay. It never ceases to amaze me how much fun it is when we pick it up with friends.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Am I the only Seinfeld fan who doesn't particularly care for "The Contest"? I honestly don't think it's anything special. I get that it was the one of the first instances of deliberately mentioning, y'no, but I don't think that it was that clever then or now. The show has much funnier moments to my eyes.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Is this because it is such a quippy episode?
    Kramer was rather hilarious in that episode so I think it was firing funny on all cylinders.

Stop by the Fun & Games Board.
    It's like dropping anvils on the ducks of your imagination
    Now with
    Caption My Avatar! Caption Your Avatar!

Questions Only as seen on TV
    Velociraptor Fun Facts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm one of the few people who never cared much for Seinfeld. I watched a few episodes, but could never get into it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I actually have an interesting history with Seinfeld. At first, I absolutely hated this show. With the exception of Kramer, I couldn't stand any of the characters. I thought Elaine was too mean-spirited, George was too whiny and wimpy, and Jerry's delivery grated me. But years later, with a combination of bigger respect and appreciation for Seinfeld's standup, a bored Sunday afternoon, and looking at the series more from a comedy and story-telling standpoint, I started to slowly like the show. There are still issues like the characters being despicable (minus Kramer, he's awesome!), and I still don't consider it a masterpiece of television, but it can still be enjoyable enough.
    I'm that guy who looked at you funny yesterday! In case you were curious.
    My Twitter
    My Tumblr
    My Youtube Channel

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've only seen a handful of episodes, but its funny. The simple humor is better than the loud, obnoxious humor that many shows now use.
    Random quote (changes once in a while)

"What could possibly be wrong with gaining knowledge and information?"
    - Izzy, Digimon
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/AnimeExBurst

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Seinfeld is my #1 all-time favorite TV show. I've seen every episode countless times and have all the seasons on DVD. It has sort of a timeless feel because the humor is largely situational as opposed to topical, so aside from maybe fashion and some minor references, there's not a lot that dates the material. I think my family started watching it during the third or fourth season, around the time it was finally breaking out, and I've been a huge fan ever since.
    LiveJournal | My Kevin Conroy Fan Page
    Current TV Favorites: Arrow, Bates Motel, Big Bang Theory, Blue Bloods, Elementary, Family Guy, Justified, Longmire, Ripper Street, Sleepy Hollow, Toy Hunter, Unforgettable.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    One thing about Seinfeld is that it's a very American show. My parents being from Central America hated Seinfeld. Over time I noticed that a lot of the stuff in Seinfeld they just don't get because the cultures are very different, A lot of my friends who have immigrant parents I've heard similar stuff too. Now I was born in North America so I totally get the stuff, although not until I was in my late high school years as it's not a show that most kids latch onto, which I guess is why me and my friends were kids Kramer was our favorite. Then as we got older they all became hilarious and even the crazy people they meet as well are super funny. I always affectionately called them Seinfeld's Rogues Gallery

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have to admit that I find Seinfeld a teeny bit overrated, and overall, I'm more of a Cheers and Frasier guy myself. But I've really been enjoying seeing it in full recently, since its pacing is still fairly unique today. I especially like how a character as genuinely unlikable as George is sold as one of the main characters, yet never becomes remotely sympathetic. It's just fascinating to watch.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darklordavaitor View Post
    Am I the only Seinfeld fan who doesn't particularly care for "The Contest"? I honestly don't think it's anything special. I get that it was the one of the first instances of deliberately mentioning, y'no, but I don't think that it was that clever then or now. The show has much funnier moments to my eyes.
    There are better season 4 episodes than "The Contest" (for my money, it's hard to top "The Old Man"), but it's still pretty funny. I love the scene where George and Jerry are snapping at each other because they're going through withdrawal.

Speaking of, I've been playing massive catch-up lately with Curb Your Enthusiasm, which is similar to Seinfeld but with its own unique style. Not every episode is gold, but when it's firing on all cylinders, it's as funny (if not funnier) than Seinfeld.

Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 74748495051525354555657