1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

World's Finest RPG 2nd Justice League (TAS) RPG

Discussion in 'The Story Board' started by redDragon, Jan 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redDragon

redDragon Carnivorous Beast

[color=c00000]Here's the new thread for the JL RPG!

The characters thus far:

Heroes:
    Clark: Batman
    Trent Lane: Martian Manhunter
    Barb Gordon: The Flash
    Harvey Dent: Superman

Villians:
    Trent Lane: Solomon Grundy, Weather Wizard
    The Detective: Vandal Savage
    Selena Kyle: The Joker
    The JL Kid: Luthor[/color]

2. Nick K.

Nick K. Active Member

Lex Luthor on a Mission

~Luthor

April 11, 2004
    5:59 a.m.

My alarm clock goes off. I wake up to pains from my illness, something that I've felt for a while now. I've been working on a new vest that will once again turn this weakness into an advantage, but without the Humanite's expertise, I have limited understanding. I've hired several scientists who don't know how to do anything but scratch their foreheads like morons. I take some painkillers with a glass of water. Sometimes I think these things are all that is keeping me alive. Superman arranged for my pardon and now I feel an emptiness. There is no rush, that feeling which I had that kept me going when I first found out about my illness, the idea that I could take down the Justice League. When I establish myself as a political authority, then they'll see. Though I won’t have Lexcorp's resources, I will have the entire countries in my grasp. I'll arrange for a new Gang of sorts, but not that which is aimed at "so-called evil.” No, I will arrange for a new hero team that rivals the Justice League. If I know anything, it is competition. I didn't bring Lexcorp to the top by being a nice guy. I'll play dirty. I'll support a new team and if need be, frame the Justice League. I have a million plans that I can put into action. But first I need to win this election.

I have a meeting today with my political advisors. I have to pick out a suit and I've got to look good if I want to be President of the United States. That novice, Bush, won't know what hit him. He'll be baffled in our debate. The country will fall in love with my charisma. They'll say, "There hasn't been such a great president since Kennedy." President Luthor. It has a nice tone to it. Besides, would the country really elect this moron who focuses on foreign affairs and cares nothing of the problems that face our country.

I'm about to leave now, but I'll make a quick call. I need something done . . .

[​IMG]

#2 Nick K., Jan 22, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2004
  3. Harvey Dent

Harvey Dent The Batman

Clark Kent - Clark's Apartment (6:20 AM)

I remember when I was back in Smallville, how I used to get up early in the morning and go up to the roof of the house and sit there, waiting for the sun to rise. It was the dawning of a new day, full of promise, full of hope. And regardless of how the day would end up, I always knew that the sun would come out tomorrow, and everything would start over again, fresh and new.

When I first moved here, I didn't do that. In fact, as time went on, I had totally forgotten about it. My life at the Planet didn't erase this memory, but my life as Superman did. It's kind of strange, though. Even while I used my powers in secret overseas, I always found the time to appreciate the sunrise. I guess being Superman didn't really give me that luxury though. I spent more time thinking...or worrying about what Luthor, or Corbin, or someone else would be planning, and how many people were going to get hurt before I put a stop to it.

Things didn't get any easier when the League started up. Toyman's threats gave way to The Imperium, Mongul, Injustice Gang, and so forth. And as time went on, I started to lost myself in all of it. Superman became the dominant part in my life, and I didn't really care.

Then, one day, that all changed.

We were on Pythis 4, a relatively barren world, largely made up of rocky hills and mountains. The League were acting as mediators in a peace summit between two warring factions on different planets in the system, and Pythis 4 was chosen to as the place to discuss peace. I suppose the area made the leaders think of how their respective worlds would look if their battles continued. It was their that I saw this little girl. She was sitting atop on of those small, rocky hills. I thought she might be lost, so I went over to her.

"Hello, little girl. Are you lost?"

"No."

"What are you doing?"

"Waiting for the sun to rise."

Things were wrapping up at the summit, so I decided to sit with here for awhile. I was lost in thought, not paying attention to anything in particular, when she spoke.

"There."

I look in the direction she was pointing, and I gasped. Now, I've seen some incredible things in my life, but this...it just took my breath away. This...large sun comes up over the horizon, with its rays stabbing through the small gaps in the mountains, creating some kind of dazzling effect I still cant describe. It rose up into the sky and eliminated the last bits of darkness in the area, as if it was claming everything for itself.

That's when it hit me. Memories of my Smallville mornings came back to me.

"Thank you."

The little girl looked at me.

"For what?"

"Reminding me of something special. Something that I haven't done in a long time."

And here I am today, waiting for the sunrise. It took a little girl on a far away world to remind me of the important things. Now, come what may, I face it with a hope I haven't had in a long time.

4. AceOfKnaves

AceOfKnaves Why aren't you laughing?

IC: Joker

6:30am

"Haven't ya slept yet, Mistah J?"

I dig through the case of old weapons, throwing meaningless ones carelessly over my shoulder while muttering under my breath.
    "Of course not, you twit."

Harley rubs her slender fingers over her eyes, no doubt trying to push the fatigue away. She really does look horrible when she's tired.
    "Maybe your plans won't fall apart if you get a good nights rest, eh Puddin?"

I stand up, pointing my finger in her face,
    "IF YOU DON'T SHUT YOUR-"

One of my random goons pops his head into our room,
    "Hey, boss?"

I tear my pistol out of my lapel, pulling the trigger in one thoughtless motion. His body stiffens and makes a loud thud as it hits the floor.
    "I TOLD YOU TO KNOCK!" Turning back to Harley, I put the gun away and smile. "Get dressed, Harl. Today we're going shopping..."

5. Nick K.

Nick K. Active Member

... Is anyone ever going to post in here?

6. AceOfKnaves

AceOfKnaves Why aren't you laughing?

OOC: Yeah, this RPG is more than a little dead. Sorry, guys, but I'm gonna let it go. Joker's up for grabs. :)

~Selena~

7. The Detective

The Detective Active Member

OOC: I'm sorry, but gonna have to follow Selena's lead. I just don't have time for the Toon Zone RPGs anymores. :sad:

8. Nick K.

Nick K. Active Member

Oh well, My first RPG and it died... :(

Luthor is signing out...

[​IMG]

9. redDragon

redDragon Carnivorous Beast

So much for a new start. RPG Dead. Thread closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.