Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

When your favorite Cartoons jump the shark

Like This Thread!
    I made a thread for when catoons jump the shark.

For me the Simpsons jump the shark around seasons 9 or 10,the show was running out of ideas during the that time period and Homer's simpsons character was change to him being a total mean jerkass.The Simpsons were the best tv show in the 90s, seasons 1 through 8 was the best year's of the Simpsons.
    Last edited by Classic guy; 05-04-2012 at 04:21 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I always thought the barometer for when toons jump the shark is when they turn the characters into kids.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon Solo View Post
    I always thought the barometer for when toons jump the shark is when they turn the characters into kids.
    Either that or any time they're put IN SPACE.
    *insert another Great Piggy Bank Robbery reference here*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think one show that's gone beyond jumping the shark is sponge bob. Not only did it jump it tough, it flipped it off and mooned it in the process.

The show was notably getting worst after hillenburg left being producer, ideas got worst, many other shows hit destroyed just to advertise it, inappropriate and boring humor.

They need to be rid of the show now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    to
    Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon Solo View Post
    Jump the shark is a term used when a show goes bad and is no longer original like it used to be.Are when a show is past it's prime.

The Smurfs jump the shark in season 5 when they de-age the original adult Smurfs characters into Smurflings. It would have been more better if they have had Gargamel trying to clone Natural Smurf,Slouchy Smurf,Snappy Smurf, creating the Smurflings that way instead of having Nat ,Slouchy,and Snappy go back to childhood again ruining the shows original Smurfs incarnation and destroying one of the coolest 80s cartoons of all time. Also after the start of the 1986-1987 seasons with the coming of Grandpa Smurf,Wild Smurf and Scruple living with Gargamel as his apprentice ,you can tell that the show was running out of steam by this point which was a warning sign the end was near. With the 1988-1989 seasons coming out and Nanny Smurf just getting added to the show ,it became a more worser show then ever before, also were did Nanny Smurf come from anyways.. The season 9 time travel episodes i heard about didn't make the show anybetter.
    Last edited by Classic guy; 05-07-2012 at 06:00 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    One of my favorite toons, The Flintstones is said to had jumped the shark when The Great Gazoo appeared. I disagree, but I see where those people are coming from.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Flintstone View Post
    One of my favorite toons, The Flintstones is said to had jumped the shark when The Great Gazoo appeared. I disagree, but I see where those people are coming from.
    I think the Flintstones jump the shark when Pebbles and BamBam were added to the show,because the show became more kid like then a sitcom tv series and Gazoo made the show worser.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Classic guy View Post
    I think the Flintstones jump the shark when Pebbles and BamBam were added to the show,because the show became more kid like then a sitcom tv series and Gazoo made the show worser.
    You're probably right, but the show was still good after Pebbles and Bamm Bamm came.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Flintstone View Post
    You're probably right, but the show was still good after Pebbles and Bamm Bamm came.
    The show did have some good episodes even if the show wasn't that great after Pebbles and BamBam were added to the show.

I know already talk about Cartoons shows jumping the shark in my posts up above.I did added the Simpsons and the Smurfs as being the shows that jump the shark,but there are more that i have yet to talk about in this thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think the Flintstones jump the shark when Pebbles and BamBam were added to the show,because the show became more kid like then a sitcom tv series and Gazoo made the show [worse].
    I thought the Flintstones & Rubbles having children was a natural progression. I do agree things became more "kiddie-fied" after their arrival over time but I think that was in part due to the series no longer being sponsored by Winston Cigarettes.

Gazoo I could take or leave.

I think Scooby Doo JTS with Scrappy Doo's arrival (I know, too easy), but then again I wasn't fond of the season before that (the episodes that were part of "The New Scooby Doo Show" circa 1977-78). By then, even a kid could tell the old mystery format was getting stale.

I definitely didn't like any other TV incarnation up until SDMI came along, but that could be defined as personal preference.