Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Video of Cartoon Network Latin America at 2000 new year day

Like This Thread!
    During the late 90 to the early 2000 I used to record stuff from the TV on VHS. Sadly, most of the stuff where recorded in a 'Youtube Poop' way so there's hardly anything of value, but there were a few occasions I tried to record something in full. One of these was when I recorded the last hour of the day 12/31/99 to the first hour of the day 01/01/00 on CN Latin America. I believe it was because they were airing a marathon of a segment called "One century of smiles", which showcased a countdown of the supposed 100 best cartoons. They were showing the 100 to 2 the previous days, but the 1 was exclusive for the marathon. Here are the top 7:

• 7: Rabbit Seasoning (WB)
    • 6: What's Opera, Doc? (WB)
    • 5: King Size Canary (MGM)
    • 4: Red Hot Riding Hoot (MGM)
    • 3: One Froggy Evening (WB)
    • 2: Feed the Kitty (WB)
    • 1: Duck Dodgers in the 24½th Century (WB)

Later, they show a funny clip of Pinky and the Brain taking over CN due to the 'Year 2000 problem'. They were showing P&TB interferences the previous days, yet I had no idea what it was about. Finally, they started the 2000 with a Cartoon Cartoon Marathon, which featured the 'King Crab Space Crustacean' and the 'Mike, Lu & Og' pilots. In-between there was also a commercial that featured actual and made-up shows set to premiere on 2000.

I uploaded a clip of all those. I omitted repeated stuff, non-CN ads and the cartoons themselves. All the bumpers are there (in Spanish, but you may get the overall concept):

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A couple of promos from the above video with English subtitles:

The Brain taking over the channel right at the beggining of 01/01/00: Cartoon Network Ads, The Brain taking over Cartoon Network Latin...
    Sneak Peek for CN Latin America at 2000, with made-up shows: Cartoon Network Ads, CN Latin America sneak peek of the new shows for...

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I wish I could see more of the Mike, Lu & Og pilot. I don't care what language it's in.
    Young lady, I'm an expert on humans!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Repeating something I said in another thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by Atoon View Post
    The show does have an aired pilot. It aired in a short of limbo after the What-a-cartoon show and between the "Big Pick" pilots, like another ones as "Kenny & The Chimp" (the famous indirect basis for Kids Next Door), Bill Wray's "King Crab, Space Crustacean" and "Thrill Seekers" (I only saw half of it once. It featured a yellow rabbit, a brown female lemming and a blue animal I don't remember). The Mike, Lu & Og pilot was titled "Crash Lancelot" and was 7 minutes as usual for these. I don't remember the plot exactly, but it has something to do with a home-made car Lu was riding. The pilot was no much different from the series, save for Og wearing nothing on his back and Lu only having her bra on the front. It have a custom credits sequence that featured a lot of characters and elements that were not seen on the pilot, but are seen later on the series proper, so it makes me wonder if it was green-lighted before-hand. I have it recorded on VHS from the Latin American feed, albeit in Spanish and I'm somewhat busy to search for it again (and I guess uploading anything in full is not very legal).