View Poll Results: Should Nickelodeon go 24/7 and move Nick@Nite's programming to TV Land?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 44.44%
  • No

3 33.33%
  • Maybe

2 22.22%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Well you could argue since Disney is 24/7 and king of total viewers (total day) and kids that going 24/7 might be in Nick's best interests. However it should seem evident that Disney does not beat Nick because of it's over night hours. It most surely comes down to Nick having no weeknight prime time. Getting 8-9 back is essential. Getting 9-10 back might also be worth trying.

I'd like to see The 90s Are All That on NAN but that wont beat Family Guy, American Dad or Robot Chicken on Adult Swim. But you know what might? Futurama and Beavis and Butthead. They would at least put up a good fight. And before anyone says those shows already have networks, Family Guy proves three networks can run the same show at different times and people will still keep watching.

NAN is finally getting more original programming but it has largely been acquisitions. With that in mind, I wonder if they'd be willing to try alternative comedy acquisitions as StarBro suggested and perhaps even anime and not just action anime either.

If you want to compete with AS you need a mix of mainstream and non-mainstream programming and some major network hits. Viacom has plenty of programming they could try out on an edgier NAN but imagine if in a few years they could grab The Simpsons. In the mean time even if they keep a bunch of the current NAN line-up I suggest starting it at 9 or 10 and airing Futurama at 11 or midnight. Give Nick some weekday prime time hours and you'll see some ratings growth against Disney and CN.

Do you like making Fantasy Schedules? Come check out Elsewhere

Read ramblings from myself and other animation and comic enthusiasts on The Scratch Pad

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Degrassi needs to get it's butt on the main Nickelodeon channel already. From 10-12am, it would crush. I suppose it would step on TeenNick's shoes too much, but with Nick@Nite already stepping into soap style programming, it would be the perfect companion.

Also, I would like to see Daria again, and yeah Beavis and Butthead can be shared with MTV.
    YOUR CHANNEL IS WACK AND WILL NEVER BEAT NICK OR DISNEY
    Get the message CN?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12