View Poll Results: The next Pokemon game after the Nobunaga's Ambition crossover is...

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pokemon Grey (aka the 5th gen director's cut)

10 71.43%
  • Pokemon G6 (6th generation, most likely 3DS)

0 0%
  • Pokemon TCG returns to portable devices

0 0%
  • Pokemon Pinball comeback

1 7.14%
  • Pokemon Ranger 4 (most likely a 3DS title)

0 0%
  • A Wii U title

0 0%
  • new Mystery Dungeon title

0 0%
  • Pokemon Snap 2

0 0%
  • Pokemon puzzle game (Puzzle League/Trozei/other)

0 0%
  • Pokemon Stadium title w/ Black & White

1 7.14%
  • Something else not listed here

2 14.29%
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Haha, I actually did a fantasy cast of this, not expecting it to actually be dubbed. Of course, since I didn't expect it, I went all out with using every talent pool, even though I knew that if there was ever a chance of it being dubbed, it would be the New York talent pool. Too bad Nintendo USA doesn't think people care about the cast like Nintendo Japan does. Also, the Mei vs. Cheren scene totally wasn't in the original. How did I not hear about that when it was uploaded? For the record, after watching that, I would have had Mei voiced by Stephanie Sheh in my fantasy cast. Of course the New York Pokemon dubbing crew isn't nearly as good as most standard dubs or the Japanese version, but it seemed better than regular Pokemon to me. And I didn't notice any edits, and it makes me really happy to see even Pokemon USA treat this beautiful promo video with the respect it was treated with in its production.
    Avatar: Tomoya Okazaki from Clannad/Clannad After Story (courtesy of Jun Kuga/Fudce from The Fandom Post)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PC! View Post
    Bianca sounds so much better in that video than she does in the anime. Sorry, Bella Hudson.
    I totally agree. I like Bianca's voice in this promo so much that I wish she had that voice in the anime instead of Bella Hudson. Her voice for Bianca is just way too high-pitched for the character. Even though this voice sounded like a slightly older Iris, I thought it fit Bianca much more.

Quote Originally Posted by Dudley
    And why does the Hyperbeam look like Nightshade?
    I don't know. That was really confusing to me since Hype Beam is suppose to be bright.

Quote Originally Posted by Dudley
    One thing I do like though, is that the Pokemon don't say their names and make the sounds they do in the game.
    I actually don't like that too much myself, even though it would make sense to do that for a promotional video that doesn't have anything to do with the anime. I'm just not a huge fan of the cries from the games in animated form since it doesn't sound that natural to me, but it also helps I'm just used to most Pokemon crying out their names in animated form.

Quote Originally Posted by GingaDaiuchuu
    Haha, I actually did a fantasy cast of this, not expecting it to actually be dubbed. Of course, since I didn't expect it, I went all out with using every talent pool, even though I knew that if there was ever a chance of it being dubbed, it would be the New York talent pool. Too bad Nintendo USA doesn't think people care about the cast like Nintendo Japan does. Also, the Mei vs. Cheren scene totally wasn't in the original. How did I not hear about that when it was uploaded? For the record, after watching that, I would have had Mei voiced by Stephanie Sheh in my fantasy cast. Of course the New York Pokemon dubbing crew isn't nearly as good as most standard dubs or the Japanese version, but it seemed better than regular Pokemon to me. And I didn't notice any edits, and it makes me really happy to see even Pokemon USA treat this beautiful promo video with the respect it was treated with in its production.
    From what I've heard, the Mei vs. Cheren scene was an extra scene that was included with some DVD release of the promotional trailer in Japan. Personally, I would have loved to see another trailer devoted to Mei covering other aspects of the game, but that probably would have meant spending more money than they wanted to. Still, it was pretty awesome that she was at least included. The battle looked pretty cool.

Anyway, I've seen the dub trailer and I thought that it was pretty good. Unfortunately, I didn't like the voice they gave N. It seemed too flat and lacked the emotion his English voice really needed. I also didn't like Elesa's voice as she sounded completely emotionless in her delivery. I really liked Bianca and Mei's voices though. Bianca actually had a nice sounding voice that fits with her character to the point where I wish she sounded like that in the anime. Mei's voice was quite nice and it fits rather well. Cheren, while a bit too gruff, also kind of worked for me. Hugh and Corless being voiced by Sean Schemmel worked fine, especially for Corless. The voice for the male trainer was okay. The trailer is still extremely cool and I would love it if they continued to make animated trailers like this for each new game in the main series. It would hype them up quite a bit and it would be fun to watch them too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Light Lucario View Post
    Anyway, I've seen the dub trailer and I thought that it was pretty good. Unfortunately, I didn't like the voice they gave N. It seemed too flat and lacked the emotion his English voice really needed. I also didn't like Elesa's voice as she sounded completely emotionless in her delivery. I really liked Bianca and Mei's voices though. Bianca actually had a nice sounding voice that fits with her character to the point where I wish she sounded like that in the anime. Mei's voice was quite nice and it fits rather well. Cheren, while a bit too gruff, also kind of worked for me. Hugh and Corless being voiced by Sean Schemmel worked fine, especially for Corless. The voice for the male trainer was okay. The trailer is still extremely cool and I would love it if they continued to make animated trailers like this for each new game in the main series. It would hype them up quite a bit and it would be fun to watch them too.
    Oh yeah, I meant to mention that it was interesting to cast Schemmel as both Hugh and Colress. He was definitely good as both, but it suggests that this may not have gotten much of a dubbing budget, to double-book someone in such a tiny cast size.
    Avatar: Tomoya Okazaki from Clannad/Clannad After Story (courtesy of Jun Kuga/Fudce from The Fandom Post)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GingaDaiuchuu View Post
    Oh yeah, I meant to mention that it was interesting to cast Schemmel as both Hugh and Colress. He was definitely good as both, but it suggests that this may not have gotten much of a dubbing budget, to double-book someone in such a tiny cast size.
    Pretty sure they also double-booked Jason Griffith as both Cheren and that Team Plasma guy.

My webcomic: Zack and Zeke

A heartwarming nonsensical tale comedy of friendship errors between a boy moron and his sarcastic alien

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PC! View Post
    Pretty sure they also double-booked Jason Griffith as both Cheren and that Team Plasma guy.
    The Shadow Triad member? I believe you may be right.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Early buyers of the game will get a free Genesect, available up to November 12.

http://press.nintendo.com/articles.jsp?id=35051
    Jave's Support Gallery - My Tumblr Blog detailing my current run of Fire Emblem: Awakening.

What a Cartoon Review Blog - My own project where the goal is to write a detailed review to the original 48 WAC shorts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jave View Post

Hell yeah. I can't wait.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jave View Post

That's pretty cool. I wasn't expecting them to release Genesect that soon, but it kind of reminds me of how they had Victini available at the release of B/W. It's a nice way to boost sales for the first few weeks so that people get a free legendary Pokemon right from the start too. I still need to get my Keldeo, but I should be able to do that sometime this weekend.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Cool, glad to see Nintendo finally acknowledging Genesect. Top download as always. Though this does remind me about Keldeo and how I kind of neglected to catch the Musketeer Group. I need to fix that error in my White.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314