1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"24" - The RPG

Discussion in 'Reality Bytes' started by Jave, May 7, 2005.

1. Weatherman

Weatherman Space...not what it used to be
    Staff Member Reporter

IC Donovan
    4:25

I give Tenkushi a hand up.

"Don't worry about it, you're trying, and actualy thinking about what you do before you do it. Don't be so hard on yourself."

I give her a smile and a pat on the shoulder. Then she says something about a cypher. Jack responds before I can. Then he says something to me about electromagnets.

"Electromagnets?"

I shoot Jack a queer look.

"Yeah, they'd work, as long as someone was there consistantly electrifying them. They wouldn't screw with my suit, but they wouldn't work for very long either. Maybe if we could tap into the building's electrical system, but that's way to dangerous for any us to even attempt. We do need to get up stairs though."
    "I'd be fine with Jack, he at least uses the head on his shoulders for something other then a hat hanger."

Seems like they wanted to say something else to me, but I ignored them. One of them starts to screw with the elevator, but it denies her rather unplesantly. She says something about teleporting.

"Oh no, not again. I am not going through that again. If you wanna do that, you're more than free to go by yourself. Personally, I'm thinking we can either pry the elevator doors open or cut some more hole in the floor. I'm good either way." I say as I make the sword on my left hand and the laser gun on the right.

Hey, looks like it's about sunrise.

5:00AM

2. Tenku

Tenku D-don't come any closer!

IC: Tenkushii

4:46

Wow, Jack knows his stuff pretty damn good. "I call on the UUSR Suit!" I say. I've always wanted to wear one of those. But I don't think I'll need a gun. I have somewhat of a butterfinger.

Anyway, we get to the lobby. I notice that April is giving Donovan quite the evil look. Ever since that robot encounter in the kitchen, they've been at it.
    I just hope they can get along long enough.

Katrina tried to open the elevator door with the scanner jig and it simply said "Access Denied." She turns to us.

But before I can say anything...

"I have to agree. This place is huge as it is and I can't imagine going up flights of stairs to get to a single floor. It's a waste of time if you ask me."
    I disconnect the pole, slid a pen into my pocket, and toned up the other one.

Boy, I love my pens!

5:00

3. Wild Goose

Wild Goose The Accidental Apprentice

IC: Jack
    4.55 AM

I watch silently as Katrina tries to get through the elevator scanner, and frown when she doesn't. Stepping closer, I let the discussions of teleporting and using the stairs wash over me like background noise (which it is), and examine the scanner. Apart from the thumbprint reader, there's something else that Katrina missed - a small slot, for swiping a security acess card. If the card isn't swiped first, the reader won't register and allow acess.

Well, since I'm a security guard here, I have a security acess card, so that's taken care of.

I unbutton two buttons on my shirt, and sheath my katana. I slip a hand past the light blue fabric and grasp my security card and pull it from where it's hanging from my neck. Making sure the chain won't foul up anything, I swipe the card through the slot, and wait for a few seconds. There's some chirping and beeping, the right sequence that indicates the card was read, and I place my thumb on the scanner.

"ACESS DENIED. SECURITY CLEARANCE CANCELLD."

What. The. Hell. I repeat the process.

"ACESS DENIED. SECURITY CLEARANCE CANCELLED."

"This isn't good guys," I say, frowning and shaking my head, before replacing my keycard around my neck and buttoning up my shirt buttons. "My security acess card would allow me to bypass most of the safeguards in this building, but it looks like our badguy mastermind has revoked my acess."

Glaring at the doors, I say, "Well, if I can't use my keys, the only way is to break down the door. Let's rock!" I jump back, draw my katana, and then ram it between the elevator doors. I frown at how it's gotten trapped, and sigh.

"I think I'll be needing some help, please."

Whoo-pee-do. Almost dawn. "Long way to home, mou sugu kaeru yo, Yoake made ni, Kimi no moto e," I sing softly, as my iPod plays "RTB".

5.10 AM

OOC: And I'm back in the game, slightly, having borrowed a friend's computer.

The lyrics that Jack was singing translates roughly to, "Long way to home, I'm on the way home, Before sunrise, I'll be by your side."

4. Style

Style The Green Style Returns

IC: Lord Style

5:30 am

Well, this sucks. Here, I've been at the bottom of the building, for hours, trying to pry open this stupid vault door. I didn't anticipate this being a problem.

But what am I gonna do? The Toonzone vault is currently holding the greatest treasure for any animation lover, not to mention the greatest source of power on earth. I don't know why Tyranemsis wanted to plan this coup, but getting that power source is why I'm down here.

But this stupid, damn, stupid door won't open. Even my Spiderdroid minions can't make a dent in it.

But I'm not licked yet. For I have one more trick up my sleave. I take out the pulse bomb. Not something I've been wanting to try, because it may fry all the electronics in the robots. But, if it works, We won't need them any more.

I place my bomb and stick fingers in my ears.

KA-BOOOOOOOOOM!

Nothing happended!? Wha-? That door must be very heavily armored. Didn't think Jave would have sprung for it, but-

CREEE-EEEEEEEK!

What the?

Then, I see it. A crack in the concrete floor. It wasn't there before. And it was spreading. It was going up the walls, into the ceiling. I could see light from upper floors. Then the whole place started to rumble, and my footing buckled, and I fell to my knees.

That's when a peice of debris hit me in my noggin, and I could feel conciousness ebbing out of me. I wonder two things. 1) will I ever wake up again? and 2) If I do, how will I ever explain this to Tyranemis? "Gee, I thought the pulse bomb was a good idea at the time, but how was I supposed to know it would break the whole building in half?"

Darkness overtakes me.

5:40 am

5. LightShadow1890

LightShadow1890 ..needs to change her avatar.

IC:April
    4:50 AM

I scowled. But I shrugged off the angry thought after a few seconds. Right now we need to find that bomb, and deal with everything else later.

I shot another evil glare. Hey, I have a brain also...I don't make up some other plan contradicting with someone else's.

I watched silently as Katrina tries to open the elevator door. Then Jack tries. Both fails.

I yawn. This isn't going anywhere. I peer outside a window. The sky seemed to brighten up a bit, but the skyline's blocking the view of the sun.

I look back at the scene. Jack unfortunately has his katana stuck in the gap.

"I'll help," I say as I make my way towards the elevators. I put both hands on the katana and one foot on the elevators.

"Ready?"

5:11 AM

6. Zach

Zach Active Member

IC Zach

4:50

I followed Lugar as he walked down some stairs until we reached the cafeteria. He grabbed an apple and threw it at me.

"Here, it'll keep your energy up."

I grabbed it and took and few bites and then chunked it at a nearby trash can.

"That was a waste." Lugar said. I shrugged it off and followed him and he went over to the elevator.

"It may not work, but we can jump down the shaft to the first floor. He pulled a large piece of rope and a grappling hook out of his backpack and tied them together.

"Ready?" he asked. "Yeah, let's do this." I responded.

He threw the hook down the shaft and I heard it clink around until it hooked onto something. Lugar jumped off the ledge and repelled down and I followed.

5:00

Lugar unhooked his grappling hook and threw it in his backpack. "This way." He gestured towards the security access door in the storage closet by the door.

I looked around as I saw the windows barracaded as was the door. Lugar lit up a ciggerrate, took a drag and threw me the pack.

"No thanks." I said as I threw it back. "I don't want cancer."

"Suit yourself." He shrugged as he pocketed it.

He took a small package of something with a couple of wires attatched to it and stuck it on the door. He hit a couple of buttons and threw a switch on it and ran.

"Get the hell out of here." We ran up the stairs as the bomb went off and the closet collapsed. Lugar shuffled through the debris and kicked the door in.

5:10

7. Tenku

5:05

Well, the cards are really out of the question now. So's the thumbscan. Great. I watch April and Jack try to pry the door open. Believe me, it's a pretty funny sight; I even let out a laugh. I needed soomething to laugh about anyway.

"At this rate, that sword will break by the pressure. Here, use this." I handed Jack one of my pens. "Didn't you say earlier that you wanted to see it?"

5:12

8. Wild Goose

5.12 AM

I blush, and gratefully accept one of Tenkushii's pens. "Thanks," I say, looking sheepish, and activate it. First things first: cut out my katana. Once that's done, I start cutting through the door....

Man, this is gonna take a while. I finnaly cut the doors, and gesture to everyone.

"Let's go."

9. Weatherman

Staff Member Reporter

IC: Donovan
    5:28

"Does the fact that there was a very distinct sound of two people scuttling down one of the other shafts, followed by that loud boom trouble anyone other than me?"

Wow, you'd think their ears were full of cotton. Having been relaxing with my "special" coffe while they cut their gear out of the elevator I was feeling pretty good, explosion and all. Well, we're not alone at least. Hopefully they won't loot the kitchen. We got bigger problems anyway.

"Seeing as I'm not going through that whole teleportation deal again, and the elevators are down, how about I go first up stairs? I'll make sure everything's clear."

5:30

10. Wild Goose

5.30 AM

"I didn't hear them," I say. "I was kinda preoccupied."

"You watch your back, okay man? Need some backup, or should I guard all the kawaii girls, including my very kawaii imouto-chan and her twin?"

I sheath my katana, look at the elevator, and say, "After all that, I think we might be better orr using the stairs rather than the elevator."

5.35 AM

11. Weatherman

Staff Member Reporter

IC: Donovan
    5:36

"The girls are all yours, unless Tenku would like to accompany me. And I'm taking the elevator. I'm pretty sure the locks on the stairwell are still working, and I can wedge or cut the doors open no sweat. What should I be looking for once I get up there? I can grab whatever we need and bring it back over here.

Also, once we're done up there we should get downstairs asap. Things blowing up is not a good sign. I think I heard a seccond boom as well, more muffled. Must have been down lower in the build......*guack.....GAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! WHAT THE?!*"

I don't know what the heck just happened, but that hurt like hell. Someone just screwed with something they shouldn't have in here.
    5:40

#151 Weatherman, Jul 13, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2005
  12. LightShadow1890

LightShadow1890 ..needs to change her avatar.

(OOC: The building's blowing up, according to Style's post. I'm gonna play along with it)

IC: April
    5:28 AM

Well, Jack and I couldn't pry the doors open. I stepped back as Jack cut the door.

Being occupied with watching Jack cut the metal door, I didn't really hear that loud boom!

"Sorry," I replied, "Didn't notice."

While Donovan and Jack were conversing which one would guard the girls (including me) and who would go up the stairs, there was another explosion.

"No, I don't think we should go up, then get out of here. The explosion most likely will mean the building's going down, so we have to get out of here. Staying here will get us killed. I think it's faster for us to teleport out of here."

5:40 AM

13. Style

Style The Green Style Returns

OOC: Okay, It's time to explain my post.

I wondered if I may be overstepping my bounds with this devolopment, but, as a Villain, it's my job to make your lives harder, so...

Lord Style's pulse bomb has done a couple of things. First, it fried the building's electronics. That means, the good news for you is, the robots are down, at least for the moment.

But, the bomb has also collapsed part of the building. This means floors are going to be jumbled, and people are going to get injured and separated. This is now the struggle for survival.

Now, this ISN'T the big bomb. The big bomb is still set to blow up the building at the end of the day, and no one will survive. It will also take out part of the city, so there's reason's to still fight!

And one more thing: I wonder what Lord Style was after in the basement, and how that might be important?;)

14. Zach

Zach Active Member

IC Zach

5:38

As Lugar and I made our way through to the security door, the building starting shaking.

"Dammit, get on the ground!" Lugar shouted.

"Huh, wh-"

"GETTING ON THE ****ING GROUND RIGHT NOW!"

The floor started shaking and the building started breaking up...

15. Tenku

OOC: Gwah...I got caught up with band. Ate most of my time up. I'm back though! :)

5:30

Kawaii? What the hell did that mean? Eh...I'll ask later. "Don," I say, "You go ahead upstairs. You're probably the fastest anyway; I'd just slow you down."

I take back my pen that I handed to Jack and started to turn it off. I hear this little muffled noise and my saber flickers. It does this for a couple of seconds. "What the hell?"

16. Weatherman

Staff Member Reporter

OC
    I modified my last post a little to more acurately reflect the timeline of the pulse bomb explosion.