1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"24" - The RPG

Discussion in 'Reality Bytes' started by Jave, May 7, 2005.

1. Tenku

Tenku D-don't come any closer!

OOC: Oh right. I got something reversed. This thread is...not going anywhere. I guess this happens when you have 2 games going at once. Or worse, people lost interest. =[

2. LightShadow1890

LightShadow1890 ..needs to change her avatar.

IC: April
    3:36 AM

Hearing Jack's pep talk, I take my position.

But what if you don't do your job? The plan will fail...

I start to worry a little. What if I don't do it? If the plan fails, would Donovan and Jack die? They're good people; they don't deserve to die. But a faint memory from my dad echoed in my mind, how making mistakes could result in losing a person's life, worst your friend.

But then we had contrasting plans: Jack's plan is to take the offense long range while Alanis and Tenku take defense for us. But Donovan's is to make little bombs by cleaning his and Jack's mess. First off, I'm not the janitor here; I'm a worker up at the Video Game Room, sometimes playing Dance Dance Revolution...if I want to. Working in a room full of videogames can have its perks.

And second, don't blame me when we walk into a landfill of charged computer bits when we get outta here.

But then, we don't need to walk; Katrina and I could teleport us anywhere.

I go with Jack's plan first; before we do any bomb making, we gotta make these robots explode first for adequate material.

"Water Stream!"

A big stream of water start spewing off the orb in my staff to the robots as they stop working, and explode.

So I alternate between fireballs, water whips and whatever, and lightning blasts. And make a big mess.

Just hope I don't take any targets away from the boys and Katrina.

3:50 AM

3. Weatherman

Weatherman Space...not what it used to be
    Staff Member Reporter

IC
    3:45 AM

"WHOA! DAMMIT! DON'T DO THAT!"

Crazy witch's is shooting lightning bolts into the water puddles/

"YOU WANNA KILL ALL OF US YOU CRAZY...YAHHH!"

I dive out of the way of another fireball.

"JACK! GET OUT OF THE WATER!"

That crazy ***** is gonna kill all of us. This is going reeeeeeal well. I can't even begin to imagine what she's going to do when we get into real combat. Maybe she'll just nuke the building for the hell of it.

"DAMMIT I TOLD YOU WHAT TO DO FOR A VERY SPECIFIC REASON< SO YOU DON'T GET THE REST OF US KILLED!!"

I hope she didn't short out any of my nanomachines with that damn sorcery of hers. And here I was just begining to think she was alright. Hell ,we won't have to worry about the bomb at this rate. Well, at least we got most of the robots. I reform the laser blaster in my right hand and start shooting again.

4. MahouShoujo13

MahouShoujo13 ...is bored out of her mind.

IC: Katrina

Oh. My god.

April's trying to help out, but I guess Donovan has a problem with it.

Well, of course that's what happens when you have two spellcasters in the group.

Well, here I go, defending her (and myself):

"She's trying to help you guys out," I defended. "And that's what happens when you have not one, but two spellcasters in the group. You should at least be lucky we're here...we can do things most fighters can't.

"Just because we're spellcasters does not mean we have telekenesis. Besides, most of my spells are offensive, and there are no spells that I know of for moving things. I have one, but that involves a conjured whirlwind, and if I cast it, all of you would've been swept up with it too. It'll be better for us to 'clean up' after the fight."

During my talk, I spot a coming robot in the distance.

"Wait, Donovan, I've got one spell..."

I move my hands and arms in difficult gestures, and then shout out...

"Bigby's Crushing Hand!"

Far in the distance, a giant green hand forms. It opens, and crushes (hence the name) the robot, until it explodes. It disappears, leaving the debris of the crushed robot falling onto the floor.

Excited, I stick out my hand in the air, with a "V" sign. "MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" I cheer, and continue in somewhat of a low voice. "VICTORY IS MINE!"

Yes, people, I'm very...hyper...

3:56 AM

5. Wild Goose

Wild Goose The Accidental Apprentice

IC: Jack

3.47 AM

Okay, got two down already, and I see another 5 coming up my way. Time for another Gatotsu. The floor's wet, which'll hopefully give me some sorta advantage - I can use it to slide a bit-

The quickest way out of the water is by jumping straight up, which I do, and somersault so as to land with my feet against the ceiling. Focusing my ki, I let it flow to my feet, and use it to anchor myself to the ceiling. Okay, got a new perspective on the battlefield: Donovan's ducking fireballs and blasting robots on his side with a laser blaster - nice kill, he got another one! -, April just blasted lightning bolts into the water, frying 3 of the remaining four robots I was after. The one that's still moving is coming right under me. Not bad ind-

creakkkkkkk

Uh-oh. Looks like the ceiling can't support my weight. I angle my katana to point downwards, take a breath, release my ki and drop down. I have a feeling this is going to hurt later on.

I drive my katana right through the robot with my left hand, while using my right hand to push off the robot's shoulders as the katana's blade goes through it. The force of my push allows me to backflip from the robot, and I land in a puddle of water with a splash!, my left hand protesting slightly at how it was used to absord by fall. In an instant I'm on my feet, kicking away the halves of robot from my katana (which is now embedded in the floor), retrieve my prized weapon, and turn around.

Great. Another robot...

I blink at Katrina's attack, then shrug. After everything that's been going on, I suppose something like that isn't too farfetched - heck, Strike Fiss had those Ni, which were basicall a pair of eyes, teeth, and a tongue.

Looking at Katrina's victory dance, I sigh, and snag her waist with my left arm, saying, "Yo, settle down, imouto-chan. Not that I want to rain on your parade, but I think we're not quite done yet..."

Looking at the scene, I shrug and say, "Okay, I stand corrected. We're done. Well, it looks like it...."

Vrrrr......clank......Vrrrrrr

Was that a robot? The sound was too faint though.... it must be my imagination...

"Let's catch a breather," I say, my arm still curled protectively around Katrina.

3.58 AM

OOC: That faint sound is what Tenkushii heard behind her, but since it was faint to here, I figure that even if Jack hears it, it'll be really faint to him...

Killscores (as known by Jack, meaning that if he didn't see it, he doesn't know about it :sweat: ):
    Donovan: 2
    Jack: 3
    April: 4
    Tenku: 1
    Katrina: 1
    Alanis: ??

6. Tenku

IC: Tenkushii

3:59

Well that was fun. Water's on the floor, not to mention robot parts everywhere, Jack on the ceiling for a bit, Katrina summoning this huge hand (and humorous victory dance)... now I thought I seen everything.

I deactivated both of my pens and attached them together to serve as a walking stick and looked at one of the many parts that were scattered. I truly don't know what the hell I'm looking at; I start to poke around the wires and random junk. I'm still holding that theory that spider had a homing beacon, or any robot for that matter. And what about that sound I heard earlier?

I finally spill it. "Guys, I think there's a beacon in these things. Think about it; I killed that spider not too long ago and now this happens. Coincidence?"

4:03

7. LightShadow1890

While fighting, I guess I was oblivous to the fact that Donovan and Jack could get in danger. Silly me.

WHAT? Right, you mean like make another plan besides Jack's to follow? It's better off we clean up after we fight.

And then, Katrina tries to help. Well, yeah, she's right. In a way. Also, Jack was coping with the water pretty well.

Always hand it up to my sister to have better spells than I do. Stupid staff...

Well, the robots are gone. I hope.

I notice a faint sound coming form the back. A robot? We demolished all those robots and made a huge mess. I shrug it off.

Looking back at the group, Jack is hugging Katrina...and she's blushing.

Imouto-chan?? Since when did a guy use that on Katrina? And what's with her blushing. I'll have to keep this in mind. If he harms her, I'll...

"Maybe. But if they are, it's obvious the madman's got a nice view of everyone in this building. I'm just gonna clean up a bit, since most of the mess is my fault."

I turn back. There's a lot of water...and a lot of robot parts. Maybe I should've held back on those water whips.

Pointing my staff at the whole huge mess, I start off with all those parts lying around.

"Levitate."

The blue orb in my staff glows, as all the parts float up from the floor. By moving my staff, I direct them to a waste basket near the door. The glow stops, as they fall inside in.

Now the water. If I try to evaporate it, I have to heat up the place. Well, there's always the "old-fashioned" way.

"Hey Donovan," I start to ask as I turn to him, "do you have a mop?"

4:06 AM

8. Weatherman

Staff Member Reporter

IC Donovan

4:06

"Oh, now ya do 'Levitate'? Geee, couldn't have done that before with the parts and thrown them at the other robots? I gave you the instructions I gave you for a very specific reason. You want my help, listen next time. Otherwise you're more than welcome to go do this on your own. I will not have my own "teammates" doing me in before those damn robots do."

I toss her a mop and a bucket go off to talk to Jack.

"Make sure this place is bone dry by the time you're done."

Bloody kid.

"Hey Jack, we need to talk, but first, we need to figure out what that noise was. My ears are telling me it was something metallic. Metallic is definately not good."

4:08

9. Wild Goose

4.05 AM

Grat. April and Donovan are getting made at each other... and April's glaring at me. :sweat:

"I doubt it," I say, my eyebrows in a frown. "That does seem a bit too keyed together to be dismissed as just a coincidence..."

"Yeah, it didn't seem natural to me either," I reply. "All living things emit ki, uh, sorta like a life-force signature, which I can read faintly; my classmates were better at that than I was. I didn't sense anything living just now... then again, mad scientist-bad guys seem to historically like robots. What do you think?"

4.10 AM

OOC: Ok, maybe we should PM each other and discuss what we're doing, sitting around?

10. MahouShoujo13

4:05 AM

I glared at Donovan. Why the **** was he treating her like this? Just because she wanted to cast a few spells? Jeez, just 'cause we're spellcasters doesn't mean he can belittle our abilities. I mean, I can kill someone with these spells in a snap!

"Well, if she did levitate, she could've thrown the parts to you by accident, causing injury or death," I argue. "Besides, you made another plan contradicting Jack's. You think we can do both? Besides, we're not janitors here."

Remembering Tenkushii's suggestion in mind, I tell her, "Probably. Hours ago you fought a spider and we fought a few robots. And now this happens. Something must've known we've killed them, and sent out for reinforcements."

Jack's still holding me, and my face turns red. My face now feels warm.

Oh no. Warm feelings are now in my heart.

If I'm getting another crush on someone, I'm going to die.

I shake it off. I'll have to make sure no feelings get into the way of finding the villain.

"I think it's another robot," I say. "Something sent for it...other robots or it's boss.
    "Besides, who wouldn't use robots? They do what they're programmed to, they're pretty much stupid in a way, and when you tire of them, you just disesemble it or blow it up."

11. Wild Goose

4.13 AM

I stay silent and let the arguments bounce off everyone; they've all got good points on the robots. Katrina, April and Donovan seem to have some friction between the three of them though... this is not good.

I glance down at Katrina's hair (can't see much of her face from this angle), and give a short squeeze, trying to somehow take away her tension.

"Well, with costs and the like, as long as you can produce your stuff efficiently and minimize waste, the costs per unit would tend to go down rapidly," I say, drawing up on long-forgotten Business Studies and Accounting knowledge. "Question is, are the robots being assembled here, or smuggled in, like the Arastols were smuggled on the Pacific Christmas?"

I take in the expressions, and quickly add, "It's in a Full Metal Panic novel entitled, 'A Dancing Verry Merry Christmas!', that's where I got the idea.

It kinda feels...comfortable, standing like this....

4.18 AM

12. Tenku

4:08

Looks like Kat, April and Don could be in a argument. I kinda back away into a corner, not out of fright, but I just don't wanna get hit by a spell or something, should it get down to that.

And I glance over to Jack, who is holding Kat really close to him. Kat is blushing like crazy. Without knowing it, I roll my eyes and coupled that with a small frown of disinterest. I swear...

Either way, I sit on the floor, picking at the robot parts as Jack rattled them on about the minimal and waste something. I'm pretty sure I read it somewhere, or watched so many Gundam shows...ugh. I got a headache.
    I got mixed reactions of my "tracking theory" anyway. It was worth it anyway.

I'm at a loss here for some reason. We haven't made any progress, still no armor, there's a bomb in this building. On top of that, it's four in the friggin morning!

There are just some points in my life that I wish I just screamed in a paperbag on the top of my lungs until I pass out.

This is one of them. I don't know why, but I do.

4:14

13. Weatherman

Staff Member Reporter

IC Donovan
    4:10

April yelled something at me, but I pay her no mind. Got more important things to worry about. As I start talking to Jack I notice Tenkushii trying to hide herself around a corrner. Better make sure she's alright before we get going again.

"Metallic it is then. We better track it. Who knows, maybe it's got some kind of com link or something to the bomb setters that we can hack. Give me a chance to grab a drink real quick and we'll move out after it. Sound good to you?"

I notice he's holding Katrina awfuly close, and she's blushing. Oh brother, spare me the melodrama.

4:14

#133 Weatherman, Jun 23, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2005
  14. LightShadow1890

4:06 AM

I had to hold myself as Donovan shouts at me as if he's the boss of a company. He's the chef; maybe for payback I should treat him like one from a fifth rate restaurant. And he's saying stuff without thinking. You think I can throw robot particles without them going all over the place? Donovan and Jack should be lucky if I made such a stupid move like that. It'll cause them injuries, maybe so much that my healing can't stop their pain.

"Dully noted."

My staff turned back to a key again. I take the thread, pull it through one of the swirls which made a circle, and tied it.

I wipe the floor with the mop as Tenkushii hides in the corner, Katrina stands up for me (OOC: That wasn't me who was yelling, it was Mahou), and then Donovan and Jack talk for a while.

After a couple of minutes, I'm done with a region, but still need to mop up the rest. I sigh.

Just with a silly mop isn't gonna do anything. Even if all the water's gone, it's still gonna be a little wet. I'm not sure for a spell with evaporating just a small area...the only thing I can do is heat this whole place up, along with a gang.

I look back. Jack and Katrina seem fine...but something in my mind pops up.

I've heard many a story guys would go with the girl just to have sex, and then dump her. I don't think Jack's that kind of guy, but if he is, guess who'll crack open his skull.

But they're okay...for now. I'll check back with Katrina when this is over.

After 10 minutes, I'm done with most of it. The water in the places I mopped earlier should have evaporated.

I put the mop in the bucket, and push the handle downward towards the inside of the bucket. The water comes out. I lift it up, still dripping. I wait until it stops.

I mop up the rest, as walk back to Donovan. "Done," I say, holding up the mop and bucket. I finish sarcastically, "What else do you want me to do, sir?"

Hey, I was doing what I could, you can't blame me. But yet I made mess....maybe I should say sorry. But how Donovan's treating me, hell no.

And it's morning. I'm not a morning person.

4: 25 AM

(OOC: Does anyone know where Alanis is? She hasn't posted in a while...)

15. Weatherman

Staff Member Reporter

IC Donovan
    4:20
    April gives me some smart-assing after she finishes with the floor. I glower at her, but I don't say anything. If we didn't need every body we could get I swear I'd throw the little punk out of a window. Maybe then her levitation spells would work.

I go to find Tenku, not to mention my "secret stash" that she happens to have sneaked off towards. After this morning, I seriously need a shot or three. I find Tenku passed out, but breathing with a bag on her head. Well, at least it isn't plastic. Last thing I need to be doing is turning my fridge into a mourge. Where's she get that bag anyway? I remove the bag and give her a little shake to wake her up.

"Hey, you alright?"

4:30

16. Tenku

4:30

I blinked and I saw Donovan standing over me, waking me up damn it. "I'm fine," I lie, taking off my glasses. He gave me a weird look and I sigh, giving in.

"Truth is, I haven't gotten any sleep lately. I guess I'm one of those types who can sleep half a day and anything less, I'll be grumpy. That, I'm injured and have a bad headache."

"And the fact that I'm worried that those stupid robots destroyed the library. I mean, it's huge and it only took a handful of us to fix it all up. It's very hard to keep it categorized and protect it..." I stop myself. I'm rambling again, but something...

Wait. If the library has every book... and comics no doubt. Like How-to books and some old stuff... I smile and I stand up, supported by my sabes. "Guys, I got an idea and it involves books and parts."

Everyone kinda gives me one of those "what-is-it-now?" looks but... what can I say? "How about we build ourselves a radar? Or maybe..." I pause again, looking thoughtfully. What the hell was that thing Snake saw in the Tanker Chapter... "A Cypher!" I say a little too excitedly.

4:41

17. Wild Goose

"Which type: The Army, or Marines Cypher?" I grin playfully, before my expression becomes serious.

"I think we've wasted enough time as it is. Before we do anything, we need to get up to Floor 5, and get outfitted with equipment: Thermal Goggles, NVGs, Cyalume sticks, flares, flashlights, and of course, body armor. There's all kinds of body armor there: the Class IIA concelable kevlar vests, the Class IV EOD suits, USSR Sneaking Suit prototype, etc, etc. I call dibs on the Leaf ANBU armor though. Once we get those, then I'll feel a lot better about everyone. As for guns, I think there are some EZ Guns, M9Ts, Mk22SDs and PSG-1T tranq guns; the last one is a semiauto rifle, accurate up to 300 meters, and the first two are silenced pistols. The M9T has a laser sight, as does the EZ Gun."

I glance at my watch, and sigh. "4.45 AM. Just a little over 19 hours to go, and with no end in sight..." And then there's still the problem between Donovan and April... Locking my gaze with each member of my party, I say, "Alright, we're inthis together, so let's not fight so much. April, This is Donovan's territory, as he's the cook - therefore, you need to follow his instructions with a humble and willing heart. Donovan, please try not to agitate April, as she seems to not like you..."

They're glaring at me, and I sweatdrop.

"Um, uh, I meant this all in the best possible way... anyways, let's head off to F5!" I say jauntily, leading the way to the elevators. "Oh, and keep your guard up, we might get jumped at any moment," I add, keeping my katana drawn in my right hand, left arm still around Katrina.

"Donovan, just wondering: since the robots are metallic, we could set traps for them using magnets and the like - we've got two mages who can electrify things, and electromagnets are basically metal with eletricity flowing around them... but would that affect your nanomachines?"

4.50 AM

OOC: And so, much like RE2's Leon Kennedy, Jack the guard tries to be a leader...again, I hope no one minded, but we were planning on getting outfitted and all, right?

Also, I'm moving in the next couple of days, so my window of posting will close in 48 hours time, and I'll be back in about a week plus, 2 weeks maximum.

18. Zach

Zach Active Member

IC Zach

4:40

I opened my eyes and realized that I had passed out. I slowly stood up and looked around. My head felt like a busted melon and I felt something sharp in my thigh.
    "Get up, sleepy head."
    I looked around the office but didn't see anyone.
    "Look above you."
    I glanced upwards and saw a shadow-like figure. He dropped to the ground and looked at me sternly.
    "You know what you are? Your just an immature brat who can't look after himself. I mean, you don't have the intelligence to figure out just what the hell is going on, and in an attempt to rationalize it you blew a hole in building and torched things in an endless craze. Freezing down stuff in an eyeblink. You abuse the magic that your sensei taught you. You should be ashamed."
    I studied the figure. He was wearing a pair of blue jeans and wore a shirt that said "Revolution". He also wore a sleek black trenchcoat over that and was smoking a ciggeratte.
    "Just who the hell do you think you are?" I asked, then charged and threw a punch. He caught it and twisted my arm and threw across the office into the computer I had built.
    "Let's just say i'm here to offer you assitence as well as counsling. Just call me Lugar, okay?" he combed through his long, blonde hair with his fingers and pulled me up from the ground.

4:50

19. LightShadow1890

4:30 AM

I stand there as Donovan, Jack and Tenku deal with their conversation, and follow them.

I really don't what a cypher is. And I'm not sure how this building can have all that military equipment Jon is asking for.

I glare. I'm not going to give in to his orders that easily; I'm not letting him treat me as a clean-up lady. He made some of that mess, maybe I shouldn't have bothered with it.

He'd better not boss me around when we reach the Videogame Room.

I sigh. I would kill to see the sun right now. Wait...it's not sunrise yet.

I wondered in the back of my head, why are we going to the elevators? Katrina and I can teleport us anywhere.

I yawn. Almost 18 hours to go and we still haven't seen the bomb. Or know what the madman's up to. I haven't heard him in a long time.

4:50 AM

20. MahouShoujo13

4:50 AM

The whole group and I are following Jack...and well, me. I'm still being held by Jon's left arm.

I ponder about what Jack said:

Of course, Donovan should listen to him. I mean, he barks out orders without thinking, treats April like crap, and ignores us.

I heard when you're a leader, you should listen to your teammates, because their opinoin matters also. I don't think he's doing his job well. Jack...well, he's doing much better. He has a brain, and he's a security guard, while Donovan...he's not using his brain. And he's a cook too.

I'm not saying that just because Jack's my friend, though.

While we go to the elevators, I tell Jack, "Y'know...since F5 is the Video Game Room...and that's April's turf....I think Donovan shouldn't take charge when we get there. We should let April be the leader, or us both. Or you again, if you want."

Well, I'm all fine and dandy about us going to the elevators, although April and I can teleport us. But then again, I need a rest from the spellcasting.

When we get to the doors, I press the button. It won't light up.

"What the hell?"

I press it again. And again. And again. It won't light up. I don't hear a ding. And the doors won't open.

Oh looky here, a scanner. For fingerprints. Let's try this baby out.

I press the scanner with my thumb, smiling, but hear a robot, female voice saying, "ACCESS DENIED."

"WHAT?" I do it again.

"ACCESS DENIED."

I do it again and again, and get the same response.

"Urm...." I turn to the rest of the group. "How about we use the stairs?"

4:54 AM

(OOC: I got a PM from Wild Goose Sunday night....it seems that he won't be on as much. He moved to somewhere, and there's almost no internet access at the place he's at. He'll try to check on the RPG at times though.)