1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"24" - The RPG

Discussion in 'Reality Bytes' started by Jave, May 7, 2005.

1. Zach

Zach Active Member

IC: Zach

3:10

I glanced up the hole that I decided to call the spiral. It would serve as an easy means of transportation to the different floors. The DVD room was still burning, so I flew up the spiral and wet it down with a little water.

I pondered my next move, and I realized that I had a mission. The bomb. I thought about the best way to find it.AsI reviewed my options, I went down to the cafeteria to get something to drink.

I went to vending machine by the freezer and busted in the glass with my foot. I grabbed a sprite and put it into my cloak pocket. When I sat down to rest, I realized that if I could make my own mainframe, an operating system outside of the building's, I could perhaps link up to the LAN and hack the main system. I was a dissident against my attackers, and I was going to make sure they knew...

I flew up to Floor 6 and found no robots, no gaurds of any kind. I thought that maybe they had been destroyed or been relocated to a different floor after it was certain that no one was around. I opened my office door and went to my storage closet and pulled out all of my old computers. I started pulling wires out of the processors and removing the old 56k modems. I got a fresh DSL modem from my office desk and put it in. After replacing old parts and switching out others, I painted the shell of one of the processors red and green. I painted, in broad, blue letters the word "Omega".

I put the processor in it's case and hooked it up to the moniter and the wall. I turned it on and programmed an operating system into place. It wasn't Bill Gates quality, but it still resembled Windows. I got a LAN connection to the net and relized I wouldn't be able to hack my way into the system, so I hired some dude online to do it. He got around to it and I left the office until I was sure about where I was going to start de-throning these mystery menices...

3:30

2. LightShadow1890

LightShadow1890 ..needs to change her avatar.

IC: April
    3:06 AM

Well, from when I healed Tenkushii, I fell asleep. Wel, what can I do when I'm asleep?

I feel horrible. And my breath smells...

Okay...that was a little too much information.

Jack says something about a rumbling noise, and again I find my staff has returned to the resting state of a key.

I take a string from my pocket, insert it through all the swirls and metal, and tie as a necklace.

I stand up and shake my right foot. I think it's fallen asleep.

I look at Tenkushii's card. Seems legit. I think I have an ID card like that....

"Yea, what is an MRE? Are they the things astronauts have to eat?"

3:13 AM

3. Zach

Zach Active Member

((MRE stands for meal ready to eat. Military stuff.)) :)

4. Pupmon 4.0

Pupmon 4.0 With more Torgo!

IC:Celia

2:45 AM

"Do you think anyone has found the bomb yet?" I asked K.C. "I doubt it." he replied."Besides,
    what if it's outside the building?" "What do you mean if it's outside the building!?" I exclaimed.
    "What I mean is," said K.C. "what if this is just a ruse? What if the bomb is actually outside and
    the bomb that the guy told us about is bogus?" "Well,that is a possibilty." I said. "And it would be a real shame because no one can go outside!" I sneered. "Well,it's not my fault we can't get outside.
    said K.C.,crossing his arms.I sighed."We're not going to get anywhere by arguing.We should form
    a plan." K.C. nodded."Do you have any ideas?" he asked me. "I know," I exclaimed "we can go back to the DVD room." "For what?" asked K.C. "To go and look for the bomb of course." I replied.
    Once again K.C. and I headed to the DVD room via air vent.Unfortunately,we ended up taking a wrong turn and instead of landing in the DVD room,we landed in a hallway.

3:17 AM

5. Wild Goose

Wild Goose The Accidental Apprentice

OOC: Uh, Otacon, I think it was an IC question to Jack.... anyways...

IC: Jack

3.13 AM

I sigh, and say, "MREs stand for "Meals-Ready-to-Eat" or "Meals-Rejected-by-Ethiopians", your pick. During the first Gulf War, there was brisk underground barter trade between US and British forces: US Army cots, for British Army MREs, as US MREs were terrible.

"Astronaut rations are on similar principles to MREs, but you need to suck them thhrough straws and the like, whereas these can be eaten normally, or unheated. They've also gotten better than the '91 rations.

"Iron rations are a British term: if it's in a can, it's an iron ration."

I look around, take note of the glazed-over eyes, sigh, and say, "Howzabout we just find backpacks or something and load all these rations in? Meanwhile, I think it'd be a good idea if we could head up to F6 and get some body armor for everyone, and then check out the library."

3.18 AM

6. Weatherman

Weatherman Space...not what it used to be
    Staff Member Reporter

IC: Donovan

"What's an MRE?" What's an MRE?! Yesh, we realy are dealing with rank amateurs here. I guess no one was really concerned about the boom I heard. Jack heard it, but everything seems alright, I hope. Jack mentioned something about packpacks. I think we've got some in back.

"I think we have something like a backpack in the storage room. No, I have no idea why they're there."

I go back to check and I found a bunch of broken glass on the floor, and a busted up veding machine.

"Awww bloody hell doesn't anybody read the damn signs around here?!?!"

3:15

7. LightShadow1890

I get answers from both Jack and Donovan...at the same time. But I think I got the jist of it...without Donovan's help.

"Um...thanks..." I reply. I didn't really like how Donovan said his answer. Okay, I'm an amatuer. Big deal. I can't know everything in this universe.

Then I hear Donovan complaining. Broken glass.

"There's a spell in which you can control wind to move stuff. Since there's air all around, it's going to be pretty easy."

Untying the string, I get the key and stuff the string in my pocket. And again, I transform it into a staff.

Why couldn't I have an amulet? Why do I have to get this staff? IT'S NOT FAIR!! IT'S NOT...

Oh....sorry.

I say a few Latin words, and I move my staff towards the broken glass. Concentrating, the glass pretty much levitates almost along with the staff, and when hovering over the garbage can, froop! Into the garbage can.

"Well, I can't fix the vending machine...Wait....is that a pack of Strawbursts? Can I have one?"

3:18 AM

8. Weatherman

Staff Member Reporter

OOC:

Hey, I should mention that line in italics was supposed to me repeating what you said to myself in my head. I didn't mean it like you thought I did. Sorry.

9. Umi

Umi Yeah, whatever...

Another post...

OOC: Sorry I haven't post. I've been really bussy, but I'll try to catch up :D.
    - - -

IC: Alanis
    3:19 AM

"Hey, guys..." I say loudly, trying to get everybody's attention. When everybody's stop talking and looked at me, I continue "Did you feel that? The ground shaked or something. It felt like a boom... Maybe the robots are close, or maybe they are attacking someone under us..."

I get close to a table and look at the glass of water that's on it.

"See?" I point at it "The water is shaking... Atleast a very BIG truck is passing through the street, something bad is happening..."

3:22 AM

10. Agent S7

Agent S7 Destined to Rock

OOC: Hey...Dalek? Other guy? Where are you? 'Cause I'd really like to post something but I can't until you guys say something.
    Anything!
    :(
    : P

11. Wild Goose

3.21 AM.

I look abround, and find four backpacks and bring them out. 6 of us, 4 backpacks, two people not carrying anything.

"Found the backpacks," I say. "Let's get'em loaded up.

"Something bad has already been happening, Alanis," I say gently. "Kono bakudan - excuse me, I mean, that bomb. But yes, we ought to hurry..." I look around, and then say, "Just for the record, maybe we should all detail our abilities and specialties, so we can better strategize. I know kenjutsu, of a style that emphasises speed and movement. Katrina-chan can do magic."

"What about you girls and guy?"

3.26 AM.

12. Umi

Umi Yeah, whatever...

IC: Alanis
    3:26 AM

What about WHAT? Oh God... Now I feel totally useless.

"Well I..." I try to answer to Jack's question "...I talk" I say embarrassed. "Listen, I don't really have any... special ability, I'm just an average person and that really sucks, 'cause we need more than average people here... But anyway... Erm..."

Man, I wish I would've kept taking those karate lessons when I was 8...

"If there's anything, anything that an average person can do to help you guys, please, please, tell me"

This sucks. Well I've been thinking that a lot lately, I should be more positive. I still have in my pocket that useless piece of... whatever knife-handles are made for...

"Listen, I found this a couple of weeks. I know it's stupid, but... do you think it might be... usefull?"

And I show them that knife-handle. I really hope this can help, 'cause I'm feeling a little too stupid.

I smile. My mother always says that a pretty smile can do miracles in a crappy situation. I hope she was right.

3:29 AM

#112 Umi, May 31, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2005
  13. Weatherman

Staff Member Reporter

IC
    3:29

"A knife handle?" I look at the handle. Doesn't seem like anything special. "No blade? Well ,seeing as this is Toon Zone HQ, who knows what tha thing could possibly do."

"As for my abilities...Through a long series of events that I'm not at liberty to disclose I aquired a nanite body suit. Invisible to the eye, and I can form it into what I want, within certain limits, of course. It enahnces all of my natural abilities about 3 times over. I've also got extensive military comando training, so I'm pretty good with whatever we can find lying around here. Speaking of which, I think I hear more of those robots coming our way. Everybody, get ready."

I form a sword on my left hand and a short set of blades on the back of my right hand.

3:31

14. Tenku

Tenku D-don't come any closer!

IC: Tenkushii

3:27

"Well," I piped up, dispite my condition, bringing out my two blue pens from my pocket, "these pens are weapons; lightsabers really." I show by activating them by twisting the caps. They glow for a second and extend, humming. "They can be power adjusted, so they can cut through steel, kinda what I did with the holes in the wall. And..."

I put the caps together and they mold together, forming a double edged weapon. "They can be combined."

We listened to Donovan and before we knew it...

Vrrrrrr....

Oh hell... what if that squeal was a distress signal when I destroyed that spiderbot?

Vrrrrrrr....

3:31

15. LightShadow1890

3:18 AM

I pick up the pack of Strawburts, sensing that Donovan left me there. Opening a peice, I pop it my mouth.

HMM....sweet savory goodness. This can perk me up for a while. I tuck it in my back pocket. I wish I had a fanny pack.

I walk back, as Jack asks his question:

Okay...I know Jack hasn't really seen me much because where I work in this damned building...but seeing how a beat two robots to a pulp, I thought he'd know I can cast magic.

"Hey, I can do magic too," I answer, a little pissed off. I looked at my staff. "Maybe I should try to keep this to a staff. To keep on tying and untying the string would be a bother...and would make me vunerable."

I twirl it as a flag, as Donovan looks at Alanis' knifehandle. I could transform it into a real knife...but I can't memorize all those spells in a spellbook. I only know how to create things of regular simple organic things, such as fire, water, earth and wind...and light. Well, light you can get from fire....but getting into tbhbis subject would make me look stupid.

I twirl my staff until...
    ..I drop it.

Picking it up, I could hear those familiar noises echoing in my ear.

Vrrrr....Vrrr....

NOT AGAIN!

3: 31 AM

16. Wild Goose

3.29 AM

April seems a tad pissed off when she was answering: I wonder why? Oh well...

Kuso.

I glance at Tenkushii, and say, "Lightsaber pens? Interesting... if you don't mind, I'd like to look around with them abit later on."

I sigh and reach to the hilt of my katana, drawing it out with its melodious shing! and ready myself for the attack, holding my katana in my left hand, right hand steadying it, the blade ready for a powerful thrusting attack.

"Gatosu no ichi-shiki," I murmur. "Alright people, I'll go first and grab their attention. Donovan-kun, I'll take the right, you take the left. That okay with you?"

"April-chan, Katrina-chan, I'd be much obliged if you could give us some long range magical support. Tenkushii-chan, if it's alright, could you guard our pretty mages, please? And Alanis-chan: from your walk, I'd say you know some taijutsu - excuse me, unarmed combat - so could you help Tenkushii-chan guard the mages, please?"

I take a breath, and say, "Don't worry, just believe in yourselves. Team TZHQ, SANJO!" I glance back, take look of the stupefied faces, and say defensively, "Hey, I've always wanted to say that..."

3.35 AM

(OOC: I hope y'all don't mind....:sweat: )

Explanations:

1. Gatotsu no ichi-shiki: literally, "Gatotsu Type 1," also translated as "Gatotsu First Stance." Used by Saito Hajime and Hijikata of the Shinsengumi (Yes, this technique did exist during the Meiji era).

2. "Team TZHQ, SANJO!" is based on a similar line in a Ranma 1/2 fanfic by the title of "Girl Days." It's hilarious. ^_^

17. MahouShoujo13

MahouShoujo13 ...is bored out of her mind.

(OOC: Nah, I don't mind.)

IC: Katrina
    3:35

"I don't know much of those, but I'll give it a try," I tell him. "But there are few spells I wanted to try out."

Okay...I go into position. I'm trying to remember my spells.

Vrrrrrrrr....

Geez, why can't these robots leave us alone? It's a waste of time fighting them.

I look at the clock. We're losing time. We've only got now 21 hours and 25 minutes to go. Sure, that might be a lot of time for us, but soon enough it's going to be near 12 AM and the bomb isn't dismantled...or worse, not found. If we only had 48 hours we can fight the robots and find the bomb...but no...

3: 36 AM

18. Weatherman

Staff Member Reporter

IC
    3:38 AM

"Donovan....kun?" Eh, whatever, I've got more import things to worry about. I do take his sugestion though and line up to the left side of the doorway.

"Jack, I'll aim high, you aim low. April, Katrina, as soon as we turn the first one into shreds I want one of you to energize the remains and the other to thrown them around the corner and down the hallway. I figure if we can turn the first one into a bunch of bombs we can at least take out a few more before they crash the door. After that, hopefully there won' be any more, but if they're are, Jack and I will take out what we can here, the rest of you form up and make sure to blast any we miss."

Dammit, this is gonna make a huge mess in here.

"Here they come!"

I swing high with my left hand and connect with a head. A very satisfying rush of sparks comes out.

3:40 AM

19. Tenku

Tenku D-don't come any closer!

OOC: Sorry, I've been busy too. -_-;

IC: Tenkushii

3:40

Oh great. The robots came from nowhere... Jack took the left and Donovan took the right, which left me, Alanis, April and Katrina sort of in the middle. I disconnect my pens and twirled them once in front of me. I'm still feeling weak...that cut on my stomach feels like it's on fire. My injured foot and leg...the same. But I can't show my pain, no, not right now, not even the slightest fatigue.

Donovan attacked one of the robots within a single swipe and its head clattered and rolled towards my unscatched foot. "Watch out!" I said, as I kicked it, knocking over one of many robots. I'm still wondering if that spider sent out a signal of some sort.

I hear something skuttle behind us, but I paid no attention. Maybe it's just my paranoia of spiders.

3:43

20. Wild Goose

OOC: Tenku, I'm on the left. Donovan is on the right. Y'all girls are somewheres between/behind us guys.

3.40 AM

The first robot steps into my line of sight, and I'm on him.

"Gatotsu no ichishiki!"

My left-handed strike tears into the lead robot on the right: this one seems to have some sort of arm-mounted tasergun. Hmmmm. I twist my wrist and slash downwards, and it's been cleaved from nave to chops. It's still together though, as I yank my blade out, kick it away and then bring my katana down in an overheard slash. This time, the pieces drop to the floor satisfingly.

"Kenjutsu no merodii."

My katana hums again, as I pivot at slash at another one, which is holding a rather nasty katana. It brings it's katana in a strik, and I jump back, returning my katana to its sheath and make a quick set of hand seals, before reaching back to grab my katana from my back.

"Mikazuki no mai!"

Again I go left, right, and then leap into the air, bringing my blade down right on the robot. It tries to block, by my katana slices through its blade with ease and carves into the body. A few more quick stabs and thrusts, and another one bites the dust. Looks that there are 5 more in front of us. This isn't good.

3.50 AM