1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"24" - The RPG

Discussion in 'Reality Bytes' started by Jave, May 7, 2005.

1. Jave

Jave Beware of the SPLAT
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

This is the thread were the "24" RPG will take place. Only the following people that entered to play will be able to post here:

- Javeman (Jave)
    - Mr. Pedro (Knux Five)
    - Lord Dalek (Davros)
    - Tobias (Toby)
    - MahouShoujo13 (Katrina)
    - Tenku (Tenkushii)
    - Style 92 (Lord Style)
    - Agent S7 (Agent Secret 7)
    - LightShadow1890 (April)
    - Pupmon 4.0 (Celia)
    - Artimus Gigan (Tyranemesis)
    - Czar Gata (El Czarro)
    - TimTwoFace (Tim)
    - Juu-kuchi (Stahlleitung)
    - CoolSSJEnergy (Masta Koolio)
    - Jasmine_G. (Aluitious)
    - The Drizzle (Dr. Tobias Fumke)
    - guinaevere (Gwen Caeleth)
    - Phantasm (Kate)
    - Otacon (Zach)
    - Umi (Alanis)
    - Wild Goose (Jack Douglas)
    - Weatherman (Donovan)
    - SporksRFun91 (Kasai)

It's important that by now you've read entirely the Rules & Characters thread so you can familiarize yourself on the posting format and the other player's characters.

One thing: The 4-post rule still applies for this thread, unless it's absolutely necessary for an specific player to post. Now that we can begin, all I can say is, HAVE FUN!!

Thread will reopen soon as I make the first post.

2. Jave

Jave Beware of the SPLAT

IC: Jave
    11:50 PM

It was a dark Friday night. I, along with a big group of people, had to stay late working at the TZ Building, a gigantic place where people come to do all kinds of business regarding animation and cartoons. I had just finished all of my duties and I was finally able to leave my office at the eight floor. After placing all of my stuff in my backpack, I left the office and got into the elevator, I hit the "L" button, the doors closed, and then they reopened at the building's lobby.

Something didn't seem right there. The instant the doors opened I noticed a bunch of people standing near the front door, they all seemed worried about something, so I approached them and asked:

"Hey, what's going on?"

"The main entrance is locked. We can't leave", another man answered.

"What? What do you mean locked?"

I walked to the door myself and turn the knob, nothing happened. I also noticed that every window nearby was sealed with metal bars. It was strange. It seemed we had been deliberately trapped inside this building... nah, that's not possible... right?

RIIIIING, RIIIIIIING

The intercom at one side of the door started buzzing. I looked at it for a moment, along with everyone else, until I stepped forward and pushed the red button. A deep, unknown voice came from the other side.

"Hello everyone. Having trouble with the sealed door?"

Everyone in the room gasped, some of them were showing surprised looks, others seemed scared.

Someone answered, "What? You're the one behind this?!"

But the deep voice just said, "Just listen to me, please. I've chosen you people to be part of a little game I'm planning. You see, there's a bomb hidden somewhere in this building, and it will go off in exactly 24 hours from this very moment."

More gasps, this time most of them were in real horror. Before anyone could interrupt, the voice continued, "I have sealed every single exit in the building and have taking full control of the computer system. I have also sent my troops to add a little challenge to your search. I know you are all warriors of some kind, so I suggest you see this simply... as a little game. Just find the bomb, deactivate it, and you get to live."

I was just about to say something, when the deep voice said a final phrase, "Have fun." Then the comunication went off. That instant, all the lights went out, and some dim emergency red lights went on.

"What are we going to do!?"

"This has got to be some sort of prank."

"I don't think this is a joke."

"We need to find that bomb! It's hidden in here somewhere, and I don't want to die!"

"What are we supposed to do then? Split up?"

"I guess so... but what are we supposed to do... he said there are troops in the building."

All the voices where desperately shouting in the building, as I was still trying to assimilate this. I finally decided to address the group. "We need to split up."

I searched into my backpack and took out my boots. I inmediately removed my snickers and put on my special boots. "I'll go search the 8th floor. I suggest you all divide in pairs to search every part of the building. As much as I hate this, I doubt this is a joke."

I didn't wait for an answer. I inmediately run up the stairs at supersonic speed so I reached floor 8 in only a few seconds. It was almost entirely dark... and this wasn't going to be easy...

12:04 AM

OC: OK, this is the introduction where we split up and do a first search. Be creative, and most importantly, have fun! Thread is now open for everyone to post.

3. Umi

Umi Yeah, whatever...

IC: Alanis
    12:01 AM

I can't believe what my ears just heard. That guy said this wasn't a joke and I have no intentions of proving him wrong. I can't stay here for 24 four hours, I need to finish my paper about Hayao Miyazaki and then... God, I can't stay here. I can't die here, if there's any real stupid bomb somewhere.

Everyone looks upsed and scared and I don't know what to do. I am alone, I know nobody except for the guys who work in the library and I've been seing for the past few days.

Looking around I realize that if I want to get away from here I need to do something. I hate this. I wasn't supposed to be here in the first place. If I wouldn't have been so lazy I would have finished this paper days ago and I... Well it doesn't matter. I'm in.

This building is huge. All I know is the library and I didn't see anybody with a bomb in there.

A guy just has told us to search for the bomb in pairs and left incredibly fast. Everybody seems to be very confused. My first physical reaction is to find the person who's closest to me and walk towards him. The guy is as confused as I am, looking around, trying to find the bomb without moving from his place or sort of.

I poke his shoulder. "Hey" I say and he turns around to look at me "My name is Alanis. I think we should get organized or something..."

12:07 AM

OC: If anyone wants to continue this scene (I mean, be *the guy* my character is talking to, feel free to do so or contact me to write the scene together ^_^. Greetings!)

4. Lord Dalek

Lord Dalek Uncreative Hack

IC: Davros
    12:00 - SPLITSCREEN'D!

"Now where am I?" I wonder to myself in this dark dimly lit cafeteria like structure. My head is still spinning from a heavy bottle of Janx Spirit. As my eyes adjust I notice a door, it is locked. I wonder if this is like that silly Crimson Room thing room from the internet? There's a lot of chairs here, they'd make a nice key...

12:02

I escape the cafeteria only to hear some wierdo on the intercom saying that the building and that everyone's gonna die and OMG. You know what that voice sounds familiar.... heck this whole place seems familiar like I been here before. Must be the booze.

12:04

Oooh I'm a warrior eh? And I have a weapon! I don't have a weapon, just this hammer thing-er where the heck did that come from?!? I'm confused. Oh well might as well save the day and fight some monsters. I search for someone to partner with. Hopefully someone with a towell.

12:05

Tick... Tick... Tick...

5. Tenku

Tenku D-don't come any closer!

IC: Tenkushii
    SPLITSCREEN'D TOO.

Oi. I look at my watch and realize that it was time to go home. I'd been reading some of the stories and poems in the library since... oh, I dunno six hours? It's my job, y'know? I sort out the papers I've written, after commenting, and stacked it neatly on the shelve, in ABC order. Ok, now I can get home and finally get something to eat!

I grab my pens from off the table, placing one in my pocket and... PHOOOMMMM...

Oh great, the lights went out. "Aw nuts," I muttered, trying to figure out which was the cap and which was... My pen started to glow a bright blue before the tip extended to the floor, about the length of my short legs and hummed. Boy, I love this pen so much.

I start again, occassionally bumping into a chair or table; I eventually turned the pen's cap, which brightens the place a little bit. Man, this library is huge.
    I start whistling something to keep my mind off the surrounding darkness.

CLANK! CLANK!

"What the heck?" I blurt, turning around. There was nothing there at the moment, but it sturred paranoia into me. There's nothing worse than being by yourself in the darkness, I'd say, but I have a weapon, and I'm sure as hell not afraid to use it. I messed with the pen, powering my lightsaber down. My eyes quickly adjusted to the darkness and I move again, silently.

CLANK! CLANK!

There it was again. I stop and look up at the towering shelves. Nothing was up there. I decide to climb up on the shelves, and overlook the aisles below me. I smirk, realizing I feel like a ninja.

CLANK!

The noise got louder now. It was nearby. I saw something shiny below me. What the hell is that?

12:07

#5 Tenku, May 8, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2005
  6. guinaevere

guinaevere agent provocateur

IC: Gwen Caleth
    12:04 Splitscreen'ed

The artificial light in this garage has taken it's toll on my eyes, I'm a little too strung out from the cafeteria's TZ 32 diet coke, and I'm getting frustrated with this engine. It is NOT behaving. So throwing most of the tools I'll be using in the morning on my work shelves and washing my hands off, I'm ready to grab my keys and head 'em on home. Or at least, out. It's Saturday night, after all.

And from behind me, I hear the elevator reaching the floor. DING! Swoooofph. The doors open. I turn around, but as I do so, the lights by the elevator go out, leaving those getting off the elevator in darkness.

"Hey folks! That's odd. Need a flashlight?" I ask.

"Not just a flashlight, Gwen" I hear from two familiar voices. "There's... We're locked in! There's a bomb in the building!"

"What?! Don't joke around, guys!"

"No joke. Can we get out through here?!"

"Don't see why not. Lemme open the shutter." I head to the gates to unlock the main shutter, which I always lock up after 8pm. After which folks have to use their key cards to reopen to enter or exit the building in their cars.

Using my key card on the scanner, it reads the card, flashes Green, and then Red. I scan it again. Same. Green, then Red. And the shutter stays locked tight. "what thu?"

Hearing the two approach closer, I turn and ask, "You are serious. Toss me that hammer. Let's see if we can't loosen this lock up." And I start hammering away at the locks.

CLANK! CLANK!

They're going to hear this through the whole building, I think to myself, as the lock is inches away from an environmental air vent that runs up through the building.

CLANK! CLANK!!

12:12

7. Artimus Gigan

Artimus Gigan Aeris Fries

IC: Tyranemesis
    12:00-IN THE VIDEOGAME ROOM(I locked the doors and ya'll can't get in nyaah nyaah nyaah nyaah)

Yes this shall indeed make a worthy command center

Those foolish slaves to capitalism were actualy fairly efficant in evacuating the area in screaming terror of my sheer presence.

The bomb is also certainly a worthy measure, disabling it is going to be incredibly tedious and frusteraiting, mainly due to how I designed it...

However the bomb is only a distraction to what i really have instore...

yes I'm sure they didn't even realise what was really under their very noses this entire time...

8. Mr. Pedro

Mr. Pedro Der Patton

IC: K5

12:20

Dear Karl, I hate you. I can't believe you would stoop to something so low. You are truly a souless human being and you will most undoubtedly burn in Hell for your transgressions against my morphing capabilities and.......

Hey Shinobu, you getting this all? Remember, this needs to be in Century Gothic font and typed in blood red bold letters to get the point across.

Anywho, my secretary and I were working through a bitter PM when the power went out. "Funny" I thought to myself as I walked to the back of my main office on floor 2 to check on the normally very reliable back up generator. I stepped into the room, expecting to find the generator, when I came across this:

[​IMG]

Apparently, he had snuck his way into the room and disabled my personal power source. He then made several disparaging comments about my mother and said that he was going to "kick my biotchy like booty". Faced with this, I did what any grow man would do. I ran back to the desk of my secretary, hid behind the chair and cried like a little girl. The robot was mere feet away from the desk, so I made my move. I grabbed the chair containing Shinobu, lifted it over my head, and heaved it at the artificial fiend. As the machine held my assistant by the throat with it's cold, steel claws, I made sure that the girl remembered what her role was as I screamed "Kill it!" as I ran for the door that led to the hallway.

12:30

9. Phantasm

Phantasm Bittersweet Symphony.

IC:Kate

12:00 am

I am trying to feel my way of out the mockery of a room that is supposed to be my office. Only when shrouded in darkness and are constantly bumping against that large glass topped desk of yours or that filling cabinet across the room do you realize the drudgery of having a tiny room to spend the better part of the day in.

I want to go home. My head hurts and I am in a state where lying down here in the carpeted floor enveloped in blinding dark seems more favorable than taking on the task of fumbling my way out of the building like a blind person.

No, really. I could do that. Not that anyone would care or anything. And I'll then awake in the morning to find myself curled up on the floor of my office. Ha. I wouldn't even have to get up at like 5:30 in order to procrastinate my way into the TZ building at 7:20 in the morning. I could sleep until 7:00 and then get up and go downstairs and treat myself to a breakfast comprised of a donut and fresh orange juice sitting in that restaurant a few minutes walk away from here.After freshining up in the bathroom, I'd return back to the place at around 7:20 just like I do any other day.

Sounds like a fun plan until the truth of the fact that sleeping on the floor would be oh so uncomformatble hits me. Oh well, I'd rather stick with my normal routine then.

I'm in the hallway now, from what I can tell. "Hello? Is anyone still around?" What am I talking about?! Of course no one sticks around till like midnite trying to draw Batman just the perfect jaw and screwing up in every attempt to do so.

I stop dead in my tracks. What is that?There's this distant clanking of some sort, reverbarating its way towards me from somewhere...Its after clenching my fists that I realize that I've been holding what feels like my magic paint brush!

My heart leaping with what seems to be hope, I stretch out my hand and in the vast openess of air, begin to draw strokes that would end up to form a torch light. The thing materializes only to hit the marble floor with a resonating sound and I crouch down. Wrapping my fingers around the roundness of the plastic, I switch on the button.

And there is light!

#9 Phantasm, May 8, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2005
  10. Tobias

Tobias Who you gonna call?

IC: Toby
    12:00

Can't wait to get home. Been here since 8:00 o'clock this morning, and I'm ready to hit the sack when I get home. But first I may get something to eat. Maybe some taco bell or something. Going to be out the door any minute now, nothing bad can possibly happen.

This sucks. Oh, well, better make the best of it. I'll start in my secion of Toonzone. The DVD room. I reach into my backpack and pull out a pair of nightvision goggles to see in the dark stairwell as I make my way up the stairs...

11. Lord Dalek

IC: DAVROS

12:06

(SS: Tyranemisis laughing his butt off, Toby messing with nightvision, Gwen trying to break through the locks, Jave running up the stairs

MUSIC: Five-Second Countdown.)

Wow the DVD room! Mine's better... Gotta figure out why I think this place is familiar. I've never been here before, I JUST CAN'T REMEMBER! Man this hammer is heavy

*CLANK*

What the heck was that??? Somesort of metallic sound...

*CLANK* *CLANK*

(CUE: 24 OST Track 6)

Hey it's coming from the duct! I wonder if I... can.... squeeze... BINGO! It's just like Aliens except without the flamethrowers... Now where's that sound coming from...

12:15

(CUE: FIVE SECOND COUNTDOWN)

12. Jasmine_G.

Jasmine_G. Your'e Dethpicable!

IC: Aluitious ( Good guy )
    12:09 am

I just finished writing a review on the latest episode of Duck Dodgers and was on my way down to the lobby to leave. When I stepped out of the elevator into the lobby, I could hear a bunch of people crowded around the doors and intercom. I walked over.

" Hey fellas, what's the matter? "

" Some insane person has planted a bomb in this builing, and it's going to explode in 24 hours! "

" Are you serious, why don't you just leave?!? "

" We can't! Every single door is locked! We have to look for the bomb, and then deactivate it! "

" Oh... Well, it's a good thing I brought these! " * Reaches into backpack and pulls out 2 sandwiches, and a pair of laser nunchucks *

" We should split into partners and search around... I heard some noises up in the air ducts... Maybe we should check it out... And, are you gonna eat that sandwich? "

" Sure, let's check out those air ducts! Now, I have a flashlight in this thing too, if ya want it. Don't worry we'll find that stupid bomb! And, no, you can't have my sandwich! " * Puts sandwichs back in backpack *

12: 18 am

OC: If someone wants to be my partner, send me a private message and we can think of some really cool plot together!:cool:

13. Style

Style The Green Style Returns

IC: Lord Style

12:15 am

I stand atop the toonzone building, surveying the city. In this blanket of night, I actually find the lights somewhat pretty from here. I always loved the beauty of light in the dark. But I can't stay up here admiring the lights forever.

I had already spent the last 15 minutes procastinating. While part of me was eager to get started, another part of me is hesitant. I haven't been in this building for three years. How was it going to feel coming back? And like this? What if people I knew were still inside? Could I face up to them? Well, I know Jave is inside, and I don't dread seeing him again. In fact, getting my revenge on him is a perk I'm just looking forward to from this experience. But what if Davros was in there? Or Toby? Could I be so heartless to them? And what... what if Kate was in there?

I sigh. I had to get to the task at hand. Tyranemis will be looking for me if I'm not in there soon. And besides, there' something else I need to take care of... The whole real reason I signed on for this. I can't wait any longer.

I look at the vent. I could easily open it, but why expend the effort? I order one of the two Arachnoids, the large spider-like robots flanking me, to blast it off. And it does so. I crawl into the vent, and once the robots are in as well, I order them to seal it behind me. As they do, I begin to wonder- was it too light to turn back now?

12:18 am.

14. Tenku

Tenku D-don't come any closer!

IC: Tenkushii

12:09

Alright, it's been two minutes since I heard the heavy clanking noise, and this...shiny object below me. Like I said, I feel like a ninja stalking someone.
    The object doesn't move, but I see something red moving side to side. Kinda reminds me of that one show... what was it?

Ok. I power up my pen and stand up, still looking at the shiny thing. With a incoherent yell, I swoop down pen forward, cutting through it, and jumped back, preparing to attack again. Instead, it falls down with a thud and with sparks.

"A robot?" I asked myself as I put my 'saber over it. "Oh boy." When there's one, there's always more.

I hear some garble junk in the distance and it seemed to echo. Something about Unit Two being disabled. Again, I climb on the shelves again, and this time I'm running away from it, leaping over aisles. I just hope they don't destory any of these books; some of us have worked really hard to create, store, put them in ABC order... because if they do, I'm gonna raise --

Instead of landing on a shelve, I'm in thin air; gravity takes over and I smack the ground, knocking of my glasses and sending them elsewhere in the dark.
    I hear the garble again, approaching. Where are they? WHERE ARE MY GLASSES?

CLANK! CLANK! VIRRRRR...

I look up, seeing several red blurred lines scanning me. "Subject sighted," it warbled. "Objective...destroy."

Oh crap.

12:16

15. Pupmon 4.0

Pupmon 4.0 With more Torgo!

IC:Celia

12:06 AM

Well this is just peachy.For starters,some strange guy comes on the intercom and says
    he wants us to play a game.In order to win the game we must find a bomb that's hidden
    somewhere in the building,and deactivate it.Within only twenty-four hours.What kind of
    game is that!? And to top it off,all of the lights have gone out.Now I'm stuck in this vast library with only the books to keep me company.Well that's not entirely true.My robotic cat K.C.,is also here in the library.He was supposed to stay with me and what does he do?
    Wander off.Although he never strays far from me for too long so I suppose he'll show up sooner or later.I hope someone finds that bomb soon.

12:10 AM

16. Wild Goose

Wild Goose The Accidental Apprentice

12:01 AM

Normally, I'm already home at this point, but I had to be stuck working the nightshift tonight. Sheesh. Then again, I need the cash, and it's not too bad.

I can't believe that there's a bomb planted here in the TZ building though, and this is p***ing me off. Nobody plants a bomb in MY building, damnit!

Jave's got a good plan though: splitting up will allow us all to cover more ground. I reach a hand back and grasp the hilt of my katana, making sure it's ready if I need it. One of the thing's Sensei drilled into all her students was to "Keep your katana ready for when you need it." Time tthink out my plan... The library! That place is so huge, you could hide a bomb there! Terrorists have planted bombd inside books before - this would be hiding in plain sight!

I look around, and am about to get up, intent on heading to the library, when someone pokes and says, ""My name is Alanis. I think we should get organized or something..."

Hmmm. Allies are helpful... but where's Katrina? A stand up and look at her, making eye contact, and attempting to smile disarmingly. "I'm Jack Douglas - you can call me Jack," I say. "I'm a security guard here, and I work on the Library level. I was thinking of heading there to look for the bomb - would you like to come along? Also, have you seen Katrina, the librarian? She'd be a great help if we needed to search there, since she knows it pretty well."

17. MahouShoujo13

MahouShoujo13 ...is bored out of her mind.

IC: Katrina

12:08 AM

Damn.

Y'know, I would've been home right now, asleep on Cloud 9. But no...I had to stay here. Why? Too much work. Tons of people haven't returned any books, and I had to file some of those damned paperwork. Sure, I wouldn't mind some entra money...I need it to pay some stuff off.

And a bomb was planted in this building. Oh great, this night out of all nights for this to happen. And when I had to do some work late at night!

And all exits sealed. That means I can't go home. Well, it wouldn't be safe; tons of thugs around in the streets. But damn, I'm tired, and troops around?

This guy's gotta be kidding. Just gotta.

Why God, why? Why why WHY? What did I do to deserve this?

All right girl, just calm down, just calm down. And for that, I take deep breaths. Just a few.

Now, where's Jack? And April?

I look around. There he is, with another girl, talking. I go up to him, while trying to be sneaky. Then, I tap him on the shoulder to get his attention.

"Hello??? Jack? Down here..."

12:11 AM

18. Jave

Jave Beware of the SPLAT

IC: Jave
    12:10 AM

I've been searching my office for the past five minutes, literally turning the place upside down looking for this bomb we're supposed to find. Nothing. That's one less place to look in.

I open the door to leave my office, I look at the right, and notice a light coming towards me...

"What the...?"

A metallic force pushes me and I fall to the ground... "A flying robot?"

The robot aimed his arms towards me and fired a laser, but with a high jump I managed to avoid it. I landed behind the robot, and with a quick jump and kick I knocked the head out. The robot made a few tumbles, acting dizzy, until it finally collapsed to the floor.

So these are the troops he was talking about...

That instant, more lights seemed to be coming from around the corner.

"Great, there's more..."

12:18 AM

19. Lord Dalek

IC: DAVROS

12:19
    Man this duct is hot! I could really go for a tall cold one right now.... *BOOM* Oooh that didn't sound too good. This duct's about to give! Looks like my ride is about to be cut short...

(CUE: 24 OST TRACK 8)

Hey it's Jave! (who?) And these must be... uh.... crazy robot monster guys! (OC: oh the irony...) This might be a good time to try out this wierd giant hammer thing. Always was a fan of Donkey Kong.

SS: KF berating secratary.

Hey! This hammer's deffective! Only does dammage to their charisma! And it's giving me the urge to grumble about today's youth.... WTH?

12:25

TICK. TICK. TICK.

20. Style

Style The Green Style Returns

IC: Lord Style

12:20 a.m.

I kick open the vent grating and leap out onto the seventh floor, and survey the area. No one appears to be up here. Good. That would work out nicely. Though I was sure someone was on their way up, considering that if one wanted to regain control of the building, this would be the best place to start. But, since the elevators were out, (not to mention certain *other* road blocks,) I should be safe here for a little while.

I head over to the nearest bank of computers. Behind me, I hear the ragid thuding of my two arachnoids fumbling to keep pace. These things may be good hunter/killers, but they certainly had no sense of subtlty.

I log into one of the computer systems. While they were inaccessable to the employees of Toonzone as of our invasion, the special protocol given to me by Tyranemis allows me to easily view vital building info. there were maybe, 35 people in the building, most trapped on lower floors. All the re-routed security protocals were in place, and Arachnoid patrols were already set to roam the halls. This was good. Now, all that remained for me to do was regroup with Tyranemsis and then I could-

"Wait, who's there?"

I whirl around in surprise. I could feel the blood draining from my face. Someone? Up here? How could I have not known? Shouldn't it have shown up on the computer? Ofcourse, even now I was considering a possible explanation: Our computer take-over was not quite complete, it's possible such a glitch would occur, but this was a large one.

I decide the best course of action is to bluff my way past. "It's just me, it's just Style, who's there?"

A man, in his middle thirties, came into view. Ah. This was Bill. One of the security guards. I had known him in passing years ago. Used to ask about his kids. Funny, he used to work in the garage. Geuss he moved up in the world.

"Style?" he said, when he came into view. "Oh, I'm glad to see you. Ever since that announcement, I haven't been able to find anyone. I was becoming worried that-"

"Easy, Easy." I say to him. "I'm all right. Nothing's happened to me. I've just been up here." I say. I figure I should try to calm him down. "Are you alright? Know what's going on?"

"No, nothing beyond what you would." He said. Then, I see him start to consider something. "Wait, what are you doing here? I thought you left Toonzone a couple of years ago?"

"Well, I was back doing some research. I may not work here, but this is institution is still one of the greatest resources for Cartoon research around." It was a reasonable enough lie.

"Oh," he says, but the way he says it makes me suspect he doesn't entirely accept this. "But, what are you doing up here? Shouldn't you be in the library?"

"Well," I say, grasping for another lie. "You see-" I stop, as I realize there's no reason to continue. Bill had shifted his glance, and from the expression on his face, I could tell he caught site of the Two Arachnoids in the cubicle behind me. He stares dumbfounded for a second. I remain even.

"Wha- What's going on?" He says, still confused. Now, I see it in his eyes. All the tumblers unlock in his mind, and he reaches for his gun. "Halt! Right there! Get on the floor and put your hands on your head, Now!"

I wasn't about to do any such thing. But still I talk to him. I suppose I would rather not hurt him still. "Look, Bill there's a reasonable explanation for all this. What I'm doing today must be done. But just keep your cool, and I promise you'll get home to your family." Behind me, sensing the threat, the Arachnoids move to a flanking position, training their sights on Bill.

He panics and fires. If I hadn't been as alert, I would have died right there. Fortunately, I was able to quickly enough train my null ray on his gun. His bullet stopped in mid-air, sapped of all it's kinetic energy. He looked at it, dumbfounded-horror playing across his face.

I had saved my life. However, the arachnoids weren't about to sit by while their master was threatened. They sprang to life, clamoring ragidly towards bill, moving with such speed and ferocity that they were tearing chunks out the floor. He screams. I doesn't do him much good. I watch as the Arachnoids pounce on him, brutally raining blow upon blow down on his head and just. The were beating him to death. And if I didn't know better, I'd swear they were enjoying it.

But I'm not about to call them back or stop them. He found me out, so his logical fate was death. Sure, he was at the wrong place at the wrong time, but I couldn't help that. This day was more important than one pudgy security guard. If anything, I pity him.

The robots are finished now, having pummeled the last vestige of life from his breast. Casually, I speak a command. "Let's move on, Shall we?" We move towards the elevator. The robots are leaving a trail of blood behind them. Oh well. At least house keeping won't have to deal with it.

I punch my thumb on the elevator door scanner. As of this moment, I am one of four people the elevators will function for. My robots and I move in. As I wait for the door to close, I am compelled to remark, "I suppose this means I'm commited now."

12:32 am.