Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    From Empire Magazine Godzilla issue come a chart showing Godzilla sizes throught the ages. They even include H-B version.

Spoiler:

Damn . The current Godzilla is huuuuge compare to the other ones.
    "Toonami:Tougher than the Best,Stronger than the Rest."

TOONAMI LIVES (5/26/12)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Director Gareth Edwards did a mini commentary on the trailer. While not spoiling anything other than two characters' relations (if that was a spoiler), he does give some hints to think about.
    Empire's Godzilla Trailer Breakdown With Director Gareth Edwards | Movie News | Empire
    Home Page: DCAU Resource Last Updated: July 31, 2014
    Twitter: DCAUResource

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Very iffy on a non-Japanese Godzilla flick, but fantastic trailer, and the reference to 1954 was a nice bit for the fans and hopefully a reminder that they did their homework.
    Not it will most likely do any good, but I encourage any interested parties to sign this petition.
    "
    What Orwell feared were those who would ban books. What Huxley feared was that there would be no reason to ban a book, for there would be no one who wanted to read one."
    Neil Postman, Amusing Ourselves to Death

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowGUN View Post
    From Empire Magazine Godzilla issue come a chart showing Godzilla sizes throught the ages. They even include H-B version.

Spoiler:

Damn . The current Godzilla is huuuuge compare to the other ones.
    I'm kinda shocked at how taller Zilla is from other Godzillas .

But yeah, the new one is just huge !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've known about Godzilla since I was younger (who doesn't?), but after watching Cinemassacre's "Godzilla-thon" series, I know more about the franchise now than I ever have. I guess you can call me a newbie fan who hasn't seen many of the movies yet. That out of the way, I really hope this is a better contender than the poop that was Godzilla '98. Just looking at the trailer, at least Godzilla looks like himself (though it looks as if he's gained some weight since 2004). At least they got that right. If it's that good, then even my dad who's seen more Godzilla movies than I would watch it. That would say a lot in itself about the film.
    Cartoons then, cartoons now, cartoons forever!

"Sometimes seeing is believing. And sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see."
    —Conductor, "The Polar Express"

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Figured this was worth a bump: 89% at RT. Bit of a difference from the 1998 one....
    Godzilla - Rotten Tomatoes

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    RT is always very high leading up to the release. I don't think this had an overseas release so that is still quite good. Looks like it will settle in around the high 70s/low 80s.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just saw the movie (in Australia)

MAJOR SPOILERS SOMEWHAT

This is the godzilla we wanted, the one we grew up with reimagined.

He is clearly a hero, misunderstood, but still clearly dangerous. The trailers mislead a bit, especially in regards to Bryant Cranson's charachter and his role in the movie.

The final scene is a DIRECT contrast to the 98 film, as is another plot point the film makes regarding the enemy monster(s) (yes, there are more than one).

The movie CONSTANTLY teases you with Godzilla's appearance and fight scenes. Gareth Edwards Trolls the audience with impending fights so much I practically laughed, but the big battle at the end is well worth it. How Godzilla finishes off both enemies, especially the second one is undeniably epic. The first reveal of the Breath weapon AMAZING.

Now for the minor complaints:

Seriously, the Cloverfield body type is OVERUSED AS HELL. Does this have to be the base design for every large monster in cinema? It's a good design, so it's not that big of a complaint, but I am getting tired of seeing it bit.

Bryant Cranston is good. Too good. And that''s a problem because BIGGEST SPOILER HERE:

Spoiler:
    He dies 25% of the way through the fim. The real main charachter is his son, Ford. Throughout the rest of the movie, the other human charachters seem lost and confused, while he had a goal and a mission. I seriously missed him throughout the rest of the movie. Godzilla is the next main charachter it seems after him as they get a TON of emotion out of godzilla's face without going full on camp.

But this is a MUST SEE for any godzilla fan. The story is left wide open for more kaiju in the world to appear, and I can definitely see Ken Watanabe's charachter making a very difficult descision and fate in future movies regardign godzilla and what happened in the original film.
    I am the squid of the vapor surrounding your dreams, sorrow, nightmares, and bootie pants. So watch out about that.

- Raocow

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Official talkback is going live in about 15 minutes. Feel free to post (or repost) your thoughts in that thread! Apologies for the delay is getting the discussion live.