1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

2016 Presidential Election thread (Primary/Caucus Phase)

Discussion in 'Cafe toonzone' started by wonderfly, Jan 7, 2016.

?

Which candidate for President do you most favor?

1. Donald Trump

4 vote(s)
    11.8%
  2. Ted Cruz

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  3. Marco Rubio

4 vote(s)
    11.8%
  4. John Kasich

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Ben Carson

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Hillary Clinton

2 vote(s)
    5.9%
  7. Bernie Sanders

19 vote(s)
    55.9%
  8. None

3 vote(s)
    8.8%
  9. Other

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stephane dumas

stephane dumas Well-Known Member

2. I.R. Shokew

I.R. Shokew DISGRACED and Rooting ONLY for Underdogs

I can already tell if any of those 11 justices get elected... Anyone who is LGBTQ and/or any other minority could be in trouble, in my honest opinion - knowing that just about all of these people share (similarly to the / just about the same) beliefs of a scumbag like that of Scalia, for example (I'm proud to call him that, too - he's ruined our country in a lot of ways, sadly.).

It's not just minorities, either - it's other things that need to be made strong again (or strengthened in general) that I can see each and every one of these guys ruining, due to how (again) I feel none of these people are better than Scalia... UGH.

#142 I.R. Shokew, May 19, 2016
    Last edited: May 19, 2016
  3. Lord Dalek

Lord Dalek Uncreative Hack

Clinton's going to lock up the nomination in three weeks in New Jersey and New Mexico. There will be no contested convention because there will be nothing to contest.

If Sanders' reheated Ron Paul leftovers base wants to make a fight over what has amounted to their candidate getting shellaced by 3,000,000 votes they are welcome to. That being said, they have nothing to argue with other than RW talking points and hurt feefees. The Clinton camp will have all the delegates and then some to seal the deal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
    #143 Lord Dalek, May 19, 2016
    Last edited: May 19, 2016
  4. wonderfly

wonderfly Shaking things up a bit
    Staff Member Administrator

Even if she locks up the nomination, it strikes me that the Bernie supporters are more likely to cause a ruckus at the Democrat convention, as opposed to Ted Cruz supporters at the Republican convention....

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Wounded_Dragon

Wounded_Dragon Active Member

If Sanders wants to have any influence at all he needs to reign in the nutcases quickly. They're costing him whatever bargaining power he might have had within the party.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

Nnnnngh. The latest Trump vs. Clinton polls among registered votes have them dead even.

All those people that were cocky about Trump guaranteeing a Democrat victory this November....yeah, no, I never assumed that. Not when it's Hillary. She's already finding ways to screw it up.

Even still, this is basically choosing whether you want to be miserable or whether you want to be DEAD. It's an easy answer; miserable! I don't know about 50% of the country, but I don't think we should give government-enforced bigotry, self-destruction and possible nuclear war even the slightest chance. Call me batty.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. I.R. Shokew

I.R. Shokew DISGRACED and Rooting ONLY for Underdogs

I still vote for rebellion - we should have a long, long time ago, instead of making excuses and running away, honestly..... Voting just isn't enough when it comes to what we're going through, which is why I still (and always have) feel this way.

Being miserable is just about as bad as being DEAD (if not worse) - that's part of what the Repubs who want Trump don't get and will never get, for one side of the argument; same with Dems being miserable while certain GOP members continue to make their states uninhabitable / undesirable.

When you're miserable, you yearn to be DEAD - that is, unless you're actually fighting back for a tomorrow worth having, unlike what far too many Americans aren't striving to actually do.

8. wonderfly

And technically, Hillary could still be indicted by the FBI, which would really collapse the Democrat party into a black hole. Though the chance of a Obama led Justice Department doing that is...rather unlikely.

But really, if situations were reversed and Sanders was in the lead for winning the Democrat nomination, as opposed to Hillary, does anyone really think current polls would show Sanders crushing Trump in the polls? The reason Hillary is in the lead is because she was thought to be the safer choice, for the Democrat base.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. wonderfly

Time for a timeline update (for those keeping track):

According to this link, the last real primaries are scheduled for June 7th, which will be here before you know it. There's also one final Democrat primary on June 14th (for the District of Columbia) but really, June 7th is finale for the primaries, I would dare to say.

The Republican convention will be held July 18th - July 21st.
    The Democrat convention will be July 25th - July 28th.

Both parties chose to get their conventions over with BEFORE the Olympics, this time around (the 2016 Olympics start Friday, August 5th, and go till August 21st). After that, we're plunging into the Fall election cycle, where anything goes.

10. stephane dumas

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Jean74

Jean74 Ready for Halloween

Well for now, Al Gore has not at all made an endorsement. But don't be surprise he will do so with Hilary.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. stephane dumas

I think the rebellion might come sooner then we thought. http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-05-22/these-americans-are-preparing-war-their-own-government

However, we must be cautious and on our guards to avoid the same missteps as the French revolution did which lead to the reign of Terror with guys like Robespierre and the rise of Napoleon Bonaparte.

And if I was George Clooney, I should check the list of organizations who donated to Hillary Clinton and do a 180 turn.

EDIT: (Posts merged by moderator):

Sorry for the little bump, CBS Los Angeles did a investigation about dead people voting. http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2016...-votes-being-cast-from-grave-year-after-year/ I wonder if some dead delegates votes as well during the conventions?

• Agree Agree x 1
    #152 stephane dumas, May 24, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2016
  13. wonderfly

14. SolotheYoloRolo

SolotheYoloRolo New Member

Apparently Bernie and Trump have agreed to debate each other. That'll be really fun. I've been waiting for a Trump-Democrat Candidate debate, things will just go off the walls.

15. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

Wow, just like on The Simpsons? This already felt enough like "Sideshow Bob Roberts" as it is. I can easily see this ending with the winning candidate cackling like mad at the podium.
    "And look how happy he/she is!"

16. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Well-Known Member

Turns out there's not going to be a debate. Trump was just kidding. I'm a bit disappointed.
    http://time.com/4349162/donald-trump-bernie-sanders-debate/

17. Red Arrow :D

Red Arrow :D Proud Beneluxer

American politics keep surprising me... I can't imagine a Belgian politican saying ''I'm just kidding''.

18. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Well-Known Member

The Time article I linked to has been updated. Now the title is "Donald Trump Might Debate Bernie Sanders, After All" and there's one part of the article that says Trump entertained the prospect after the article was published. Nothing definite, but it could happen.

19. wonderfly

Welcome to California, Trump supporters, hope you survive the experience!

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. stephane dumas

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.