1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

2014 Grammy Nominees Announced

Discussion in 'The Musiquarium' started by Space Cadet, Dec 8, 2013.

1. Space Cadet

Space Cadet I'M SWEATING
    Staff Member Moderator

Here's the full list of all the nominees for the 2014 Grammy Awards: GRAMMY.com | The Official Site of Music's Biggest Night

I hope Kendrick Lamar wins his categories. His major label debut in 2012 was really good. The show will air on January 26th, in order to avoid competing with the Winter Olympics.

2. Darklordavaitor

Darklordavaitor Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm happy for Black Sabbath's nominations. The Metal/Hard Rock award has always been a joke, even as far as the Grammys have been concerned, but I am hopeful that they'll take home their rock awards.

Although I have a feeling that Led Zeppelin will so the Grammys can rectify them never winning before. I thought their Celebration Day performance was great, but as far as I'm concerned, actual new material should top any random live footage any day.

3. The Talon

The Talon Active Member

Surprised they decided to nominate New Slaves off of Yeezus. I would've gone with Blood on the Leaves or Black Skinhead myself. Not that New Slaves is bad, but I could feel much more emotion & passion from Kanye in those two.

I'd laugh so hard if they actually gave best album to Macklemore instead of Kendrick.

4. Evo

Evo Agent of Providence

Everyone is acting like they're the only ones nominated for that category.

Kacey Musgraves FTW. I would say Ed Sheeran but, I mean come on, he's really not new at all. In fact, I'm pretty sure I remember him from last year's Grammys. And no one has ever heard of the other guy.

Also glad the Dave/Paul/Krist song was nominated for rock song. But I do feel like Lorde should have been nominated for best new artist and The Civil Wars should have been nominated for best album. Also no Haim at all disappoints me.

5. GPRailroad8794

GPRailroad8794 Active Member

Macklemore winning would suck no matter which category The Heist is in. Him winning Rap Album of the Year would be worse than when Drake won it last year and be an insult to the genre.