2013-2014 Cancellations/Renewals Thread

Discussion in 'The Entertainment Board' started by thecoolone, Oct 4, 2013.

1. thecoolone

thecoolone Use as directed

We've got our first canceled show of the season. After only 2 episodes, ABC has cancelled "Lucky 7". Repeats of "Scandal" will take its' place (10pm Tuesday) starting next week.

Meanwhile, Fox's "Sleepy Hollow" has been renewed for a second season.

2. CoolEric158

CoolEric158 God Bless America!

3. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Steven Sword!

No surprise with Simpsons; they've been talking publicly about Season 26 stunts.

It's worth noting, Sleepy Hollow is a 13-episode-a-season series (because cable does that and Fox thinks it'll increase demand, or something), so it would get a second season renewal in place of the traditional "back nine."

4. Storm Eagle

Storm Eagle Power to the peaceful

One of my friends actually predicted that it would be the first to go. This article mentions its cancellation, and says that seven other shows are in danger of going.
    Cast | Fall TV Shows in Trouble - Yahoo TV

I checked out the first episode of Super Fun Night on Wednesday. It might be kind of silly, but I can actually see that lasting for a whole season at least.

5. dth1971

dth1971 Active Member

I bet CBS' "We Are Men" is the next to be cancelled after a few episodes so that the CBS sitcom "Mike and Molly" could return in its place.

6. MetroSparkster

MetroSparkster ...has nothing to say.

Lucky 7 is already cancelled?!
    Granted, It's not the most exciting show, but I wanted to see what happens next.

7. CoolEric158

Well, Lucky 7 did premiere as ABC's lowest rated drama premiere in years. I always do feel bad when a show gets cancelled, as fans will never know the closure, so I feel your pain.

But now comes a new question: What's next on the chopping block? I want to say Welcome to the Family, but I'm not sure what would replace it, and NBC has lower ratings standards. I'm going with dth1971 and say We Are Men's cancelled next. It's the weakest of CBS's comedies, and is bringing 2 Broke Girls and Mom down with it.

8. The Talon

The Talon New Member

I'd say either Ironside or We Are Men will be the next one to be cancelled this season.

9. Peter Paltridge

Community!

10. Peter Paltridge

NBC's "The Blacklist" has its back nine picked up. Fox's "Brooklyn Nine-Nine" has an order for more scripts. There is no such script order for "Dads."

11. Shawn Hopkins

Shawn Hopkins TZ Member of the Year 2013

Lot of complaints about Dads being racist. It would have to be a monster hit to stick around, otherwise some executive is going to get tired of the heat and cancel it.

12. Tohya

Tohya deficit omne quod nasciture

I dont see Dads sticks around. Its hit for thr cycle of being controversial, poorly recieved and bad rating.

13. Goldstar Neo

Goldstar Neo We're not cousins!

My prediction: either FOX's Dads or CBS's We Are Men will the be the next series to be canceled.

14. CoolEric158

Here's something I don't understand: How come Brooklyn Nine-Nine has a script order, while Dads doesn't, even though both are almost identical with each other in ratings?

15. Space Cadet

Space Cadet I'M SWEATING

One has more critical acclaim than the other.

16. CyclonatorZ

CyclonatorZ New Member

The only thing I don't understand is why people tolerate these kinds of jokes on Family Guy and only started to raise a fury when Seth MacFarlane made the jump to live action. Just because a show features a talking dog doesn't mean its racial stereotypes are any less offensive.

17. CoolEric158

Attention: "We Are Men" has been pulled. 2 Broke Girls will follow HIMYM, Big Bang repeats will be at 9 for now. Mike and Molly returns Nov. 4 @ 9 PM.

18. thecoolone

thecoolone Use as directed

As mentioned in the "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." thread, ABC has given it a full season order.

The network has also picked up two additional episodes of "Shark Tank", bringing its' season 5 total to 24 episodes. CNBC has picked up the cable rights for the show.

19. Aquadementia

Aquadementia That's a lot of Mulaney!

I think the guy in charge of ordering scripts is waiting for someone to ask "Why no scripts?" so he can say "Scripts? I didn't know your show used scripts!" and then chuckle to himself.
    (So far so good with nobody asking)

Of course that wouldn't happen, but if ever a show deserved such a hackneyed joke/fate, it's Dads.
    For me, its footnote will be for having a cover of "I will survive" sung by a man.

20. dth1971

dth1971 Active Member

YES! My prediction was right!