1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"2009 MTV Video Music Awards" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Musiquarium' started by Old Guy, Sep 13, 2009.

1. Spaceman

Spaceman I Am Here

Wow @ Beyonce giving up her speech for Taylor's. That was true class.

Now that they both came out as winners, Kanye needs to publicly apologize to BOTH of them for subjecting them to this in the first place.

2. JD08

JD08 Active Member

Seeing her face crushed like that was hurtful that was terrible but Beyonce' and her big heart gave her moment in the show she knows she'll get many more but Taylor swift that was her first one kanye how could you:eek:

3. Soul

Soul Mainly Lurking Now...

Yeah.
    I was just digusted by that

4. chalmers

chalmers Role Model

I find it amazing that these days we cannot have one of these awards ceremonies without some sort of controversy. I think it's high time that these so-called "stars" get off of their high horses and stop acting like jackasses.

Kanye West, honestly? How can you take someone like that seriously?

5. str8up

str8up Let's get dangerous

I really wonder what made him think that was ok to do. Beyonce's video could have been 1000 times better then Taylor's video but his actions were dumb. It sucks cause I really like Kanye's music but all respect for him has gone out the window. I think what Beyonce did was very nice and respect her a little more for it. Being the DC native that I am, I am also glad that Wale and UCB were the house band and that Go Go is getting exposure.

All of that combined with the Janet Jackson MJ tribute made this one of the most entertaining VMAs I have witnessed. (which isnt that many cause MTV is.....)

6. DeanBurrito25

DeanBurrito25 Well-Known Member

Oh, good. Talk about class.
    I'm black, I like Kanye's music and have never listened to Taylor's, but I lost alot of respect for Kanye and gained sympathy for Swift. It doesn't matter who it is, nobody deserves that.

Kanye needs to make a public apology to both Taylor and Beyonce for making himself look ridiculous. That was just really really low. :shrug:

7. Old Guy

Old Guy Active Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The VMA's have been famous for this since the very beginning. Let's not act like it's something new.

8. TMC1982

TMC1982 Active Member

Kanye basically tried to pull an ODB (at the 1998 Grammys, ODB came on stage during Shawn Colvin's acceptance speech by the way). But while ODB as amusing in a totally quirky, unchained away, Kanye just comes across like a pompous attention w-word (I don't know if the word that I want to say is allowed here so I'm not going to bother).

9. RayChuang

RayChuang Active Member

I saw what Kanye West did on MTV's web site and it just made me want to [​IMG]

Didn't he learn from the his past public behavior? I'm glad that Beyoncé in a way apologized for West's really bad actions, though.

10. chalmers

chalmers Role Model

I guess that's why I have never bothered watched them before, nor have I wanted to. In reality, I have payed very minimal attention to MTV in general for close to ten years now, because I just don't see the point.

Although I do have to say watching Madonna's eulogy and the Micheal Jackson tribute that is currently happening(I get the west coast feed of MTV) was and is really quite good. I'm not sure that I want to stick around for the whole Kanye thing though.

BTW, who is that performing "We Will Rock You" with Joe Perry on the guitar? If that's who I think it is, Katy Perry, then I'm sorry, but that was just terrible.

11. TMC1982

TMC1982 Active Member

Unfortunately, Kayne "Fishsticks" West's behavior is going to overshadow the MJ tribute (which was way better than BET's lame, half-hearted "tribute" at their awards show back in June) come press time. Does he pull this stunts, to send an important message (like his "George Bush doesn't care about black people!" comment) or just to get his name in the news? :shrug:

12. Spike Mcdougal

Spike Mcdougal The Legendary Outlaw

And he says Beyonce's video was the best of time. I dont think it was compared to her other videos and it DEFINITELY was not the best compared to Taylor's.

Beyonce=Class

and Kanye West

*Holds up the middle finger*

:moon::I hope he can see this because I'm doing it as hard as I can

13. Jet Pistol

I liked the VMA's this year, even the MJ tribute at the beginning, despite the fact that I think the Media has been talking about it to much. Don't get me wrong though, I think he's awesome and I'm positive he's in a better place.

Also, was I the only one who absolutely LOVED the fact that Jack Black was promoting Brutal Legend? I would like to pick that up, but isn't it coming out the same day as Uncharted 2? If so, I'm gonna have to hold off on that one.

But, yeah, I agree, that stunt Kanye West played was disgraceful, Just because you have the power to do something, doesn't mean you should. He just took away the best moment in most performer's lives, no apology could ever make up for that. Kanye, next time you take a Microphone from someone, take it and shove it up your ass, It'll be more entertaining than watching you make a fool of yourself (and good for the crowd who boo'd him, and Beyonce for giving Taylor her time to shine).

14. TMC1982

TMC1982 Active Member

His apology from his blog:

15. KCJ506

KCJ506 Active Member

16. chalmers

chalmers Role Model

I cheated and looked up the winners on the internet(like I said, I get the west coast feed, so the show just started), and there are some good ones. I'm glad that "21 Guns" by Green Day won many awards, including Best Rock Video, and that "Sabotage" by The Beastie Boys won the award for Videos That Should Have Won A Moonman. That last one, "Sabotage", is a classic, and I'm surprised it didn't win all those years ago when it came out.

Okay I just saw that Kanye bit, and yeah it was stupid. That Beyonce vid isn't the best video of all time, it's not even the best of hers that I can think of. I think videos like "Crazy In Love" were better.

17. Kenny E. McCall

Kenny E. McCall We fight like cats!

Dude, how tall is Leighton Meester? She looked like she could tower over Jack Black (who looked pretty exaggerated, by the way)!

But, somebody please put a cap in Kanye's ass! Thank God for Beyonce though. What a classy lady.

18. Discloner

Discloner Spooned to death

People still have enough respect for Kanye to have more to lose? This is the guy that threw a tantrum a few years back when he didn't win a VMA award - and decided to boycott MTV until they fixed it (which they didn't, and yet he's still going to the VMAs?). This is also the guy that decided he was the voice of 'our' generation...all by himself. He's an arrogant, selfish, self-centered, ass; albeit a talented one.

Someone needs to let Kanye know that talent alone does not make a person, before he completely and utterly alienates ANYONE capable of keeping him in business.

19. Old Guy

Old Guy Active Member

20. mumbo

mumbo Look skyward

Ah, I thought the Kanye bit was kind of funny. Taylor's video was a terrible by-the-numbers thing that didn't deserve the award anyway, though that was kind of mean. Actually what was meaner was the way they started the next Morgan segment while she was standing there with this stunned look on her face.

Maybe I'm a jerk for laughing about it, I don't know.

Kanye's aware of his antics, he even satirized himself on SNL. He's a character. Maybe one who's trying too hard, but still.

And yeah what Beyonce did was classy, though honestly anyone would do that in her position, so. Again maybe I'm just a jerk though.