"1980 Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade" Talkback

Discussion in 'Platypus Comix' started by Peter Paltridge, Nov 20, 2011.

1. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

http://www.platypuscomix.net/history/1980parade.html

I've now accepted my fate that I'll never be able to get back into my old YouTube account, due to some weird Google-YouTube account merger glitch that I wasn't given a choice to avoid. So, presenting, as of this article.....youtube.com/platypuscomixII! The sequel! And this time, since apparently I can get bitten by the site even if I've been good, I don't care what I put up anymore.

Enjoy it while it lasts.

2. J. B. Warner

J. B. Warner Increasing my wordiness

As a fellow mourner of the passing of Matt's annual Macy's Parade reviews, I couldn't be more thrilled at this! Have you got more? If there's anyone worthy of inheriting the tradition, it's you.

Though it used to be a huge deal in my house when I was a kid, I have not cared about the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade for the last five years, ever since it turned into Matt Lauer and Friends' Broadway Show Revue (With Some Balloons). I believe the first year I didn't even bother to tune in at all was 2008, which also happened to be the year that the Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends float rickrolled the entire country. The last worthwhile thing to ever happen at the parade and I missed it.

3. Peter Paltridge

Staff Member Moderator

This is the only one I have, actually, so....I'm hoping someone will come forward with more.

The Broadway stuff may be worth watching this year, actually, because although they probably won't be doing The Book of Mormon.....it's confirmed that they're doing Spider-Man: Turn Off The Dark. Calamities, please!

4. Dsneybuf

Dsneybuf Well-Known Member

If you're curious, I just found out the American version of Number 96 did make it to the air and didn't contain as much nudity.

5. DuckTwacy

DuckTwacy French phone.

Nice one. I miss Matt's longer articles.

Hey, speaking of X-E, the advent calendar starts in... 10 days, I think? I haven't read all of the older calendars, so I'm trying to do so before December 1st.

6. Chris

Chris I am a DuMont production.

I'm taping this year's so 20 years from now we can look back and laugh at how odd the early '10s were.

7. Kitschensyngk

Kitschensyngk The kids are all wrong

That Generals game sounds kinda fun. Though maybe without the annoying beeping noises it makes.

8. DaffyDonaldQW93

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xTkltM6sCw

That's who Linus the Lionhearted was.

And yes, I do have a copy of Casper's First Christmas taped as part of a marathon that was on Cartoon Network (don't worry, the Casper special wasn't taped over in any way) in case you wanted to review it. PM me for more details.

9. realman

realman New Member

Ooops

Sorry, it was in 1981. My mistake

10. Dsneybuf

Disney has recently announced that they will make another new Mickey Mouse Club this year. I would've guessed they didn't do so right then because of So Random! (which I haven't actually seen myself, just heard of ).

11. Peter Paltridge

Staff Member Moderator

12. twilicorn

twilicorn HER AIM IS GETTING BETTER

also So Random was more like a successor to All That except it was spun off from one of Disney's earlier sitcoms (Sonny with a Chance) that was set behind the scenes of the former show. The main reason it was spun off was because Demi Lovato left her show to solve her personal problems.

13. Dsneybuf

I heard all that before, but wondered if someone at Disney Channel would have thought both it and a new Mickey Mouse Club would have felt like one variety show too many.