1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"101 Dalmation Street" News and Dicussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Disney/Pixar Forum' started by MDawg, Jun 13, 2017.

1. MDawg

MDawg Nerfariously planning

A new series was announced at Annecy for a show based off of 101 Dalmations and it will be coming in 2018. Have some key art.

Edit: More information about the series.

#1 MDawg, Jun 13, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
  2. bat16

bat16 Member

posted this on another thread some info
    ""One of the big new announcements on Tuesdsay, and set to roll out around the world from the end of 2018, ’101 Dalmatian Street’ is inspired by Dodie Smith’s 1956 novel and Walt Disney’s 1961 “One Hundred and One Dalmatians” but it is has been updated and moved to contemporary London, it depicts the adventures of eldest dalmation siblings Dylan and Dolly, parents Doug and Delilah, and 97 younger puppies, all with names beginning with “D,” who live all by themselves at the titular address. London’s Passion Animation Studios will lead-produce. Maria O’Loughlin writes, Miklos Weigert directs.

Ross showed a first-look development trailer, created by Passion. “This teaser is the biggest, messiest family comedy you could imagine. Narrated by Dolly, interrupted by Dylan, it showed the parents at their job – dad dalmation works as firefighter – Dolly and Dylan running the house in their absence, and having fun on the London Eye. Animation looked fast-paced, eye-popping in color, featuring knockabout (canine) family fun. "
    http://variety.com/2017/tv/festival...ows-renewals-ducktales-sneak-peek-1202464431/

3. Tommy Lawson

Tommy Lawson Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. LDEJRuff

LDEJRuff Wish-making dog lover

Pongo as a firefighter dog, and all 99 puppies with names that begin with D? Whatever happened to the names Patch, Penny, Freckles, Lucky, Rolly, and Cadpig? Or, is this an entirely-different Dalmatian family?

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Checkerboard

Checkerboard THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS

Reboot overload.

6. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Well-Known Member

I wonder if this is Disney's answer to The Loud House. I'll check it out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Scrappy-Fan92

Scrappy-Fan92 Well-Known Member

That was nearly 20 years ago. Not to mention this series seems like it's doing something quite different (which likely means no Spot :().

8. superkeegan9100

superkeegan9100 Well-known user and expert in cartoons

Ugh, it's hard to keep up with all of these new shows.

9. NeoplanDan

NeoplanDan Musical ZF

Well this is something interesting

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10. Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper Well-Known Member

My question is why? There already was a series made, even though that was 20 years ago. Also they changed everybody's names and the setting so what's the point? It sounds like they threw Loud House and Paw Patrol in a blender and called it good.

11. I.R. Shokew

I.R. Shokew DISGRACED and Rooting ONLY for Underdogs

Well then - I already don't have much hope for this one, then. Then again - it ain't aimed at what I'm looking for, so I can get mad about this.

12. bat16

bat16 Member

I was excited since I have a huge soft spot for 101 Dalmation but once I read it's all new characters, I lost a huge chunk of my interest,

I wonder since they said it's in contemporary London.

What IF this is a sequel? the original movie was a period one. What if either Doug or Delilah (the parents) are related to a dalmation from the original?

13. TsWade2

TsWade2 Active Member

Oh dang! I was expecting a Patch and Thunderbolt tv series.:sad: Oh well, You can't expect from anything. But, I'm giving that show a chance. I know it's not what we wanted, like the art style, but I'm not going to go upset about it even if the art style is different. Trust me, I went through this before on The 7D. I thought the 7D is going to be bad, but I find it very enjoyable. So, for now, I'm going to give it chance. And who knows, it might end up good.;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. bat16

bat16 Member

seems like the show is being made in Finland. Also more info

from google translate
    "101 DALMATIAN TV SERIES
    The new 101 Dalmatian Street series was inspired by the novel by Dodie Smithin (1956) and Walt Disneyn film 101 Dalmatians (1961). The series is based on the idea of Gigglebug Entertainment by Anttu Harlin and Joonas Ut and has been developed by Disney's animation team in London. The series is screened by Maria O'Loughlin, directed by Miklos Weigert and produced by Oscar-winning studio Passion Pictures. 101 Dalmatian Street series have been ordered production of 48 x 11 minute periods and two 22 minute double special, which will premiere in Disney Channel in 2018. "We are extremely excited about the new fresh grip of the Disney classic. 101 The Dalmatian Street address houses a large one hundred one-dog family with each other, without a human being. This is the biggest, most confusing and hairy comedy you can imagine, "says Disneyn Orion Ross."

http://www.smackthejack.net/onnigideon/47890

15. defunctzombie

defunctzombie 1992 not 2002
    Staff Member Moderator

If they're going to rename everyone, they should call it something else. You don't change all the characters in The Jungle Book and still call it The Jungle Book... :confused:

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. PhineasPines

PhineasPines Member

Technically, this show is NOT an official DTA animated series since "London’s Passion Animation Studios will lead-produce" meaning that its a show that Disney ordered to be made but aren't making themselves. It's possible that the show may be co-produced by DTA but even so it wouldn't be on the same level of importance as the in-house series like Star or Milo, (especially noting that this series was announced not at an upfront but at a French festival). At best I expect this show to air on DC here in the US for a short while but eventually fade away similar to the other 2nd?3rd party series like the zhu zhu pet show.

17. CoolEric158

CoolEric158 She rocks both ways.

Don't really like the art style in this one. Pongo (Or Dylan or whatever) has a really weird face that just kinda turns me off. I also don't even get why there are so many changes. I'm fine with the show being in modern-day London, but why get rid of all the old characters? It would make way more sense to me if it was just an original show that had nothing to do with the original "101 Dalmatians" movie.

18. Mikurotoro92

Mikurotoro92 Banned

Another reboot nobody asked for...

19. jaylop97

jaylop97 L Twins

Whatever they are intended to go here feels unoriginal, the original cartoon wasn't really anything that special and if it is doing things on its own attempts it just feels like a knock off of the original 101 Dalmatians.

20. D-nice is the man.

According to this Image/Tweet it will air on Disney Channel, Disney XD, and Disney Junior.