1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

“Twisted Whiskers” Series Talkback Thread

Discussion in 'The toonzone - General Animation Discussion' started by The Huntsman, Oct 9, 2010.

1. The Huntsman

The Huntsman Friend of Toon Zone

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Today @ 4:00 PM & 4:30 PM on Animal Planet
    Animal Planet is airing two episodes of Twisted Whiskers in advance of The Hub’s launch, so if anybody wants to check out the series before it officially premieres, this would be the time to do so. I’ve liked what little I’ve seen of the series so far and I’m looking forward to it.

2. Daxdiv

Daxdiv Does this look like the face of mercy?

I actually caught this due to the fact that my cable provider had a sneak peak of it. I thought Feline Fatale was somewhat generic. I thought the parts with the cat getting Gooser in trouble got old fast, like after the 3 or 4th attempt, but I thought what the cat was trying to do was pretty clever. I don't think we've seen the last of that cat.

As for Lost, I found it pretty cute how the cat thought food always came in bowls, along with other ignorances they had due to being domesticated. Makes me think that's what most domestic pets think. Also, that bear was nuts.

3. The Huntsman

Interesting. Out of the four episodes that aired today, only one of them had the characters capable of speaking – and even then not all of the animals spoke. I wonder if it’s going to be an episode-to-episode sort of thing, with characters only speaking if their role warrants as much, or if only certain characters are capable of speaking. Either way, I enjoyed both of these episodes. As Daxdiv pointed out, I particularly liked the thing with the bowls. Adorable. :anime:

“Fish Market Frenzy” was my favorite of the episodes that aired today. I like Dine and Dash; they remind me of Lifty and Shifty from Happy Tree Friends, only more family friendly. Some of the things that they did with that fish were pretty funny, particularly when they got inside of it and tried to make it walk out like a fish monster. The owner of the store barging in and beating the fish up because he thought it was still alive was a nice touch.

4. Mixiboi

Mixiboi Member

Wow, I didn't think they make a show were talking wasn't the focus of the action in 2010....

5. The Huntsman

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Today @ 8:00 AM & 3:30 PM on The Hub
    I still really like this series; hardly anybody else seems to, for some reason, and there wasn't a need for individual episode talkback threads considering how quickly they're going to be airing these episodes. So this is now a series talkback thread.

6. Philmister978

Philmister978 Alvight, you vin

Anyone know who's doing voice work for this series? I can't find information on it anywhere.

7. The Huntsman

It certainly is uncommon in this day and age. I like that about the series, though. It takes a lot more talent to write episodes where most of the characters don’t even speak an unintelligible gibberish. However, I do hope that some of the upcoming episodes will actually have more dialogue. I want to hear the characters speak and actually see more of their personalities, but so far, we’ve only had one episode where the characters spoke. I believe The Hub aired another episode in which they spoke, after the Garfield movie ended on 10/10/10, but I only caught the end of that.

Regardless, I liked both of today’s episodes but they weren’t as entertaining as the ones I already saw. I do find it interesting that Von Ripper, the closest thing this series has to a recurring villain, has actually been the “good guy” in both of his episodes. He’s just doing his job, but ultimately loses and fails in his duty.

8. trance2009

trance2009 Fun to play with not to eat

It has a very Looney Tunes/WB Silver Animation vibe regarding the shorts they had featuring animals that were semi mute. I'm watching that Dine and Dash right now.

9. The Huntsman

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Today @ 3:30 PM on The Hub
    I wish they would slow down on airing all of these Goosers episodes. There are a lot of other characters, but nearly all of the episodes so far have been about him.

That Mister Mewser episode was kind of odd. It wasn’t bad, per se, but at least the other animals who could talk were talking with one another. I guess he was talking straight to the audience, but it seemed like he was talking to himself at some points. I didn’t care much for the ending, but the writers lampshaded that by having Mister Mewser comment on how corny it was. As for the mutant bunny one, I think it may have been my least favorite episode so far.

10. The Huntsman

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Today @ 8:00 AM & 3:30 PM on The Hub
    Another episode airs today.

11. The Huntsman

I finally got my satellite back, but I missed many episodes of the series. Considering that nobody else bothered to post in this thread during my absence, I guess there isn't much of a point in reminding people of when new episodes air like I have been, and really, there's not much point in posting my thoughts on each and every episode. I'll still post my thoughts occasionally. My DVR did manage to record the last episode that I posted about, which I was finally able to watch. I believe Dine & Dash are my favorite characters, and I really like their voices; it's good to hear them talk for a change. The beauty contest episode also had some fun scenes.

12. The Huntsman

I’m not going to post in this thread as often as I used to, but I have to say: those “Dadblasted Varmints” episodes are awesome. I love what the cast and crew have done with those episodes; they’re technically Mister Mewser episodes, since he’s there at the start and comments on what happens throughout the episode, but they’re actually Tiny Head shorts and they’re parodical old-timey westerns. I’ve only seen two of them at the moment, but I hope there are a lot more. If not this season, then next season, if it’s fortunate enough to get more episodes. I honestly can’t fathom why this series isn’t more popular. It’s got quality – and the fact that its episodes alternate between non-talking and talking is something that takes considerable effort on their part. You don’t see non-talking episodes of animated programs now-a-days.

13. The Huntsman

I seem to be replying to this thread quite often despite my earlier remarks. However, I just watched the episode “Bubble Trouble” and was surprised that it was written by none other than Mr. Lawrence. It was an enjoyable episode, another one where the animals don’t talk, and I’m glad he’s working on the series. I still wonder what, exactly, dictates whether or not the animals can talk in an episode. Is it the preference of the writers? Did American Greetings request that there be non-talking and talking episodes? I doubt we’ll ever know.

14. Philmister978

Philmister978 Alvight, you vin

So who's the cast again?

15. The Huntsman

Does anybody know if Cutie Snoot has any talking roles in a normal episode? She spoke in the Dadblasted Varmints episodes and had a southern accent, but in a Dine & Dash 20s era gangster short she had a northeastern accent. The other characters who appeared in those shorts had their regular voices as far as I can tell, so it seems odd that Cutie Snoot's voice changed. Based on what I've seen, it seems like they only have her talk in those special "old-timey" episodes. It's unfortunate, because she's quickly becoming one of my favorite characters and I wish she actually had some speaking roles.

16. The Huntsman

I liked the fact that they had a marathon today. They’ve just about burned through every episode of the series, and may have already because I’ve lost track, but I take it as a sign that they are treating the series well enough. They even had some of the voice actors record promos, which I find significant because the series was completed quite some time ago. The fact that they still have the voice actors recording things means there may be some hope for a second season. I just wish I wasn’t the only person posting in this thread most of the time.