1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

“The Penguins Of Madagascar” Wins British Academy Children’s Award

Discussion in 'The Nicktoons Forum' started by The Huntsman, Nov 30, 2009.

1. The Huntsman

The Huntsman Friend of Toon Zone

“The Penguins Of Madagascar” won a British Academy Children’s Award in international programming; it beat “Ben 10: Alien Force”, “Dora The Explorer” and “Phineas and Ferb”. I know a BAFTA may not seem that important in the states, but the fact that “The Penguins Of Madagascar” won a relatively prestigious award speaks highly of its quality.

2. SpongeJosh

SpongeJosh A Bold Kid

Good to see Penguins get some recognition. It really is a great Nicktoon and show in general, and it's certainly started out well.

3. GC13

GC13 What would Doyle do?

It is nice for a good show to be rewarded, but I don't think we need to worry about Nick not giving Penguins a fair shake: Dreamworks is too major a production house for them to jerk around, so I don't think even a full third season will be denied if Dreamworks wants one. :D

4. Plo_Koon

Plo_Koon Support Our Planet

Don't get me wrong, I love the show but a kids award? I remember the episode with the posion dart frog and they brought out the 6 foot wacking stick and private said "Isn't there a less violante way!" and skipper replied "Probably, I just want to see what this baby could do!" Also there are a lot of beating up scenes. Like when mort got huge he beat up the gorrilas. And the episodes with the kangoroo. I love the show but it's a bad image for kids.

5. Daxdiv

Daxdiv Does this look like the face of mercy?

But Penguins of Madagascar is a kids show no matter how you slice it. Besides the violence you described is more cartoony, not realistic. Just because it had moments like that doesn't disqualify that as being a kids show.

As for Penguins winning the award, I say good job to everyone involved, they deserve it.