1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

“The Fairly OddParents” Poof & Foop Spin-Off; Would You Watch It?

Discussion in 'The Nicktoons Forum' started by The Huntsman, Jan 26, 2010.

?

Would you watch a spin-off series about Poof and Foop?

1. Yes

13.3%
  2. No

55.6%
  3. Maybe

31.1%
  1. stephane dumas

stephane dumas Well-Known Member

Good point about the possible spin-off fate. I think Poof and Foop are a bit too recent characters to be already in a spin-off series. I mentionned in an earlier post Norm the genie and Tommy & Tammy and I completely forgotted Veronica :sweat: There one fanartist on Deviantart who taught of various ideas for Veronica for wasn't used a lot since "Information stupor highway". I spotted one fanart http://veronicafan.deviantart.com/art/The-New-Babysitter-151795633

2. Lavenderpaw

Lavenderpaw Essense Of Love

I remember when things didn't get complicated to the point of having to have a spin-off. The original FOP was calmer, tamer and had subtle adult references. Timmy was just neglected and sad, his parents weren't complete jerks to him to the point we hated them, and Cosmo and Wanda were a zany but comforting pair to a cast-aside little boy.

Now he's their foot-stool, he's Vicky's primary and only (yes, she had other victims) target and he's his parent's constant scapegoat. Forget the flipping' godparents, Timmy needs to go to some real councilor and go to a foster home.

Does anyone remember when Timmy could actually rely on his godparents. They weren't perfect, but they were there for him and Timmy actually had friends with better voices. Seriously, Chester became a nail-grating horror when it came to his voice work and A.J. is too smart for his own good.

Poof is the one thing that makes it all worth while. The raunchiness of the show is getting to be too much and I, from this moment on, am not watching any of the new episodes. And to think they once were enjoyable.

:confused:

3. cohenmarioman

cohenmarioman Active Member

IDK, if it has the same premise of FOP, I might. If it is a total spin-off and retains nothing of the original material, not even the same idea of Fairy Godparents, then no.

4. cozmorocks12

cozmorocks12 Member

I think that one reason why FOP is declining is it's unoriginal plots. There's only so many wishes Timmy can make before it becomes formulaic. Poof and Foop could allow the series to freshen up a bit. I also believe that Cosmo and Wanda would make some type of appearance since they are Poof's parents.

5. radioflyer

radioflyer Member

Instead of a stupid spinoff, Butch ought to solve the show's problems, like making Cosmo bearable again, he and Wanda a loving couple again, and Timmy less of a brat. I would NOT watch a Poof and Foop spinoff. I'm sorry I watched the Foop special - waste of time.

6. cozmorocks12

cozmorocks12 Member

Honestly I doubt it. Butch supposedly left to work on Danny Phantom, and therefore FOP suffered as a result. Yet when he was back during last season (Fairly OddBaby-Wishology) it still was as bad as it was prior to it's cancellation. I bet he ain't even working on FOP anymore, his name is rarely in the credits. His name was on three episodes out of the ten episodes that have aired this season.
    The Foop episode was one of the only eps he's had any involvement, which makes me believe either he's the one doing everything wrong, or he's perfectly fine with others doing it all wrong.

7. stephane dumas

stephane dumas Well-Known Member

Could be possible then it's both of them? I mean he's doing everything wrong and the others doing it all wrong :sad: At least he didn't work in the auto industry, he could had surpassed Roger B. Smith (a former GM CEO/president) and the staff at Toyota for doing it all wrong (check for additionnals infos on Jalopnik and Autoblog about it but that's another story) :sweat:

And the FOP spin-off project gived me an idea for a quick sketch then I posted on Deviantart, sorry for this inconvience I couldn't resist :sweat:
    http://stephdumas.deviantart.com/art/reactions-to-a-FOP-spin-off-152566535

8. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, I thought that Wishology was an improvement over Fairly OddBaby, or at least the majority of it. It could be that he's just lost interest in doing the series since it's been on for so long.

9. Edward15

Edward15 To The Toons Of The 2000's!

I think they used the idea of that episode for the basis of Danny Phantom.

10. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Can't be. Danny Phantom already had it's plot down and everything before that. You can even see an ad for Danny Phantom in the Crash Nebula cartoon.

Besides, the plots are completely different.

11. NewcomerDC

NewcomerDC Active Member

What the heck?! Why now? Why should we get spin-off to a show that most of its casual watchers stopped watching once they thought it was going off the deep end in terms of making the characters hateful and obnoxious. Why should we watch a spin-off for a show that, after many years, decided that a new baby fairy would make things better? Granted people had gotten used to Poof but still, I think The FOP should just end with nothing else to strive on its popularity except merchandising.

12. Neo Yi

Neo Yi The Apparition
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

I haven't seen Crash Nebula, so I can't comment on that, but Hartman pitched a Crash Nebula series at the same night he pitched Danny Phantom. The executives chose Danny Phantom over CN despite its constant reference in Fairly Oddparents. So they both came more or less at the same time. Whether Hartman would have employed the same or similar story structures of DP to Crash Nebula and vice-versa (just replace "teen superhero" IN SPACE with WITH GHOSTS!) is unknown.

13. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Crash Nebula is what you get when you mix Sky High and Galaxy High School.

In fact, I heard that Crash Nebula was turned down because Nickthought it was too similar to Sky High.

Shame.

14. Kryten

Kryten I've been Pony'd

Ew. No. No "Fairly OddParents Babies". No ANYTHING Babies.

I didn't even like Rugrats.

15. cozmorocks12

cozmorocks12 Member

May this be proof this will come to be?
    [​IMG]

16. GatorMan92

GatorMan92 Milk...Cereal...Combine.. .

I never saw the point in the character of Poof, so i wouldn't even bother with this. FOP jumped the shark LONG ago.

17. kiddiekid

kiddiekid Member

That image looks like proof enough for me. I love the Fairly Oddparents!! I think a spinoff series based on Poof and Foop would be really popular. Jimmy Newtron has been done for a looooong time now and it's just now getting a spinoff series Planet Sheen.

18. Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper Well-Known Member

I said "maybe" just because I used to like Fairly Oddparents back when it first came out, but I haven't kept up in years. If they were to come out with something like this I would probably only watch it if I am bored.