1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

“The Fairly OddParents” Poof & Foop Spin-Off; Would You Watch It?

Discussion in 'The Nicktoons Forum' started by The Huntsman, Jan 26, 2010.

?

Would you watch a spin-off series about Poof and Foop?

1. Yes

13.3%
  2. No

55.6%
  3. Maybe

31.1%
  1. The Huntsman

The Huntsman Friend of Toon Zone

Steve Hulett from The Animation Guild Blog recently visited Nickelodeon Animation Studios in Burbank and one of the artists mentioned this

So… if the series were to keep on living in the form of a spin-off focusing on Poof and Foop, would you watch it? Even if you don’t believe that you would watch it, do you believe that such a spin-off could work?

2. ThePRPD

ThePRPD The one with the nose.

I have absolutely no idea? Just how would it play out?
    It just seems like a weird idea.

3. stephane dumas

stephane dumas Well-Known Member

I'll wait and see but I can't stop to wonder if they bet on the right horse? They could had studied the possibility of a FOP next-gen with Tommy and Tammy of Channel Chasers or a spin-off focusing on Norm the Genie.

4. PC!

PC! lolwut?

I--what? How in the world would a spinoff of Poof and Foop work? I mean they're fun characters, but I can't even begin to imagine them carrying an entire show by themselves. Heck, FOP is full to the brim with fun characters that have better potential for a spinoff.

Seriously, that's way too random an idea for me.

5. RonDrakenfan17

RonDrakenfan17 Luffy fan

Poof was a cute add on. However I wouldn't watch a spin off based on them, I got used to the old annoying characters already. Good Lord, this guy is like Seth. Keep the shows coming >>

6. Bubblegum Girl

Bubblegum Girl Magic User Wannabe

The FOP spin-off I really wanted was the Crash Nebula spin-off but Nick bailed on that idea...:shrug:

Anyway, a Poof and Foop spin-off might be interesting though I don't know how Nick will pull it off.

7. JD08

JD08 Active Member

I could see as various shorts but as series I don't think so. Stick with Timmy and the others it's better that way.

8. Mesousa

Mesousa Biggest Hinata Azuma fanboy

This could work if it takes place in the future or something.

Or maybe it'll be a Rugrats-like series...

9. Michael JJ

Michael JJ Remember to Stay Positive!

I'd watch it, but I probably wouldn't like it.

I'm still of the school of thought that thinks this show should have stopped with Wishology. With how bad it's gotten, I really don't think it needs a spin-off.

Then again...that would give them the chance to try something new. Who knows, it might work out.

10. Lonestarr

Lonestarr Stop eating my sesame cake!
    Staff Member Moderator

A spinoff centered around someone who has no business whatsoever starring in a spinoff? Did somebody say "Joey"?

11. SpongeJosh

SpongeJosh A Bold Kid

If it were worth watching sure, why not. But more likely than not, it wouldn't be great, because I just don't how they could center a whole show on them. There would obviously be new supporting characters and what have you, but still, how great could a spin-off with them be?

12. cozmorocks12

cozmorocks12 Member

I knew FOP had only been picked up for a couple episodes not an entire season.

13. dothesmartthing

dothesmartthing Me too.

I would give it a shot since I'm a fan of The Fairly Oddparents. But personally I think it's too early for a Poof and Foop spin-off since Foop hasn't even appeared in many episodes.

14. cartoonguy96

cartoonguy96 "Hey Eddy?"

Foop's only been in one episode, where Poof saved the world from him. I like the idea, and would be one of the most popular shows on Nick within weeks! Good idea!

15. Byrnes

Byrnes Member

I don't know how they can make a spin-off out of it, but there is going to be an episode where Foop escapes fromprison with revenge on Poof his first order of business.

16. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I agree with you on that.
    Imagine, a Hartman cartoon without his signature style.

17. Goldstar Neo

Goldstar Neo Good Morning!

Eh, I don't know. A character battling his evil counterpart might be amusing to see once in a while, but I imagine that would get old pretty fast week after week.

18. Old Guy

Old Guy Active Member

It wouldn't unless it was a Nick, Jr. show. Remember the Rugrats spin-off with Angelica in pre-school? Wasn't that Nick, Jr.?

19. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I don't remember that being part of Nick Jr. I remember that spin-off, barely, being on regular Nick.

As for the idea, it does feel random and since Foop has only shown up once, I don't see how a series with him and Poof could work out. Though, I would probably check it out just to see if it was more enjoyable than the more recent FOP episodes and decide if I wanted to continue watching it from there.

20. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

Like Light Lucario said that only aired on Nick. Specfically, it only aired early on Saturday morning (6AM) to "premiere" the four episodes the show actually had back in late 2008. Still I can see your point: for some reason I see this spin off as a Nick JR esque show. Maybe Foop and Poof work together to teach kids how to count and what the colors of the rainbow are or whatever else 2-4 year olds need to learn Dora the Explorer and Diego didn't cover.

Still this sounds like a rather strange concept for a spinoff: I know Poof is popular and I guess Foop is as well, but do they really think seperating the two from the rest of the FOP cast would work? They're not exactly characters who would be able to hold people's attention for very long. I have a feeling that like Crash Nebula this idea will go up for a pilot and not have much else dedicated to it, if it even goes that far.