1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

“Smallville” Figures are for real…

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by Clark J. Kent, Feb 12, 2002.

1. … and this Smallville fan couldn’t be happier.

See the Smallville figures here.

My only complaint is that Lana is in a cheerleading uniform. I'd've preferred her in a t-shirt and jeans or a sweater or something. Seriously... how many times have we seen her in the cheerleading uniform? Hey, how many episodes out of the 11 thus far has she even been on the cheerleading sqaud?

Put Lana in better clothes!

But, hey, look at that Lex. :eek: Is that uncanny or what?

2. Failure

Failure Entertainment Mod

Ooh, they do look nice. Everyone looks pretty good, especially Lex who's on the money. Yeah, Lana in a cheerleader's outfit doesn't make much sense, but I guess they needed to give her a shtick. Any idea when they go on sale?

3. kid_flash

kid_flash Speedy Teen

Eh, their okay. Frankly, we've seen better work from DCD before. But I still gotta get Lex.

Expect the figures to ship in either September or December. DCD said they'd either be solicited in April, or solicited with April's products. If they aren't solicited 'til April, then we gotta wait 'til December.

4. The Penguin

The Penguin All Hail the King!
    Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, they're not bad. Although I agree with Clark on the "Lana the Cheerleader" thing. She quite that, but now it comes back in her figure? :confused:

5. DisneyBoy

DisneyBoy Searchin' My Soul

YIKES! Those do not look good at all! Are they those six inch figures? If not, they seriously need another pose! They have those Barbie/zombie out-stended arms, and noses like...well, a certain King of Pop we all know. Creepy stuff here folks....what happened to toys that actually looked like people? And the Lana outfit is so cliche!

6. Shriek

Shriek Warriors.. Come Out To Play!

And she's wearing that stupid kryptonite necklace she never wears.

7. optimal321

optimal321 The Manhunter from Mars

For the most part they look good. Well, that is, for the most part they look like they do in the series. My compliments to them on that, but i just don't imagine these being great sellers. I mean, they look practically no fun at all. But for collecters, i guess they're okay.

And i'm not digging the Lana either. :rolleyes:

8. kid_flash

kid_flash Speedy Teen

Oh! Oh! I think I figured out why they threw Lana in the cheerleader outfit. At the time when they most likely started scultping these, that's what she wore. Still, they shoulda cleared it up with the Smallville producers before jumping in.

9. Russkafin

Russkafin Bringer of Darkness

Any indication as to whether they will be sold in a three pack, or if they will be sold separately? Or if this is the start of a line of figures that will continue on? I wouldn't mind having a little Chloe Sullivan figure next to my computer. ;)

10. Nass

Nass Newsman Nass

The story on the news page shows the individual card backing for the figures, therefore its single figs.

11. Heehaw

Heehaw Banned

Those are prototype sculpts so the finals will probably look better, though I'm not complaining. I've seen worse. Certainly one of the better "Superman" lines to come out. Not too big of a fan of any of the older series.

12. BaTMaN-JL

BaTMaN-JL DarK KNiGhT

I think they're awesome and can't wait to get them :)